Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hear ALID on the radio a lot.
    You're trolling. They're too heavy for radio play. They don't even have a full clean Vocals song like KsE and ATR do.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    No, seriously. Maybe I'm exaggerating by saying "a lot", I've heard them 3 or 4 times on the radio. Also, when ADTR first came out with Homesick, they got a lot of radio airplay.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I've heard ADTR ONCE on the radio, and that was I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? and they completely edited out all of the screaming.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I heard Killswitch's Holy Diver cover on the radio before.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've also heard Forever In Your Hands.

Granted, it had cleans only, but metalcore is metalcore.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I've also heard Forever In Your Hands.

Granted, it had cleans only, but metalcore is metalcore.
    I already said ATR and KsE. BFMV like crazy too.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Really? Because I don't have the same tastes as you? Because I prefer to listen to Music that actually excites me?
    No, because everything that I consider to be an admirable trait of a metal fan, I don't really see in you.
    didn't fucking Slayer? Didn't Pantera?
    In it's hey day? No. Bands like Metallica weren't playing huge venues until they sold out, Megadeth too. Anthrax still doesn't play huge venues, they headline clubs. Slayer are sort of a between theater and arena sized band, so they have to have fairly big support to headline an arena, but until 1994ish, Slayer weren't that big. That's the fucking Big 4. No one else comes close to their level of popularity in the genre. Thrash isn't and hasn't ever really been that big.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Really? Because I don't have the same tastes as you? Because I prefer to listen to Music that actually excites me?
    No, because everything that I consider to be an admirable trait of a metal fan, I don't really see in you.
    In it's hey day? No. Bands like Metallica weren't playing huge venues until they sold out, Megadeth too. Anthrax still doesn't play huge venues, they headline clubs. Slayer are sort of a between theater and arena sized band, so they have to have fairly big support to headline an arena, but until 1994ish, Slayer weren't that big. That's the fucking Big 4. No one else comes close to their level of popularity in the genre. Thrash isn't and hasn't ever really been that big.
    BOOM!
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    our local hard rock station used to have a 'midnight brootality' segment, where they'd play all the crazy shit. It only lasted like 3 or 4 months prob because some people complained.

At 10 they have a '10 pm songs that don't suck" segement. I have heard atr, aild, log and the likes all the time
    Explain these "traits".

And AHAHAHAHA. I wanna know a Metalcore band besides BFMV that's playing arenas. Even BMTH is only playing fucking House Of Blues nigguh!
    wait, BFMV is playing arenas? Uh they're still doing clubs
    LOG is big enough to where they could prob do small arenas with good support but they have said they prefer the intmacy of a club.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    log isnt metalcore
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    Explain these "traits".

And AHAHAHAHA. I wanna know a Metalcore band besides BFMV that's playing arenas. Even BMTH is only playing fucking House Of Blues nigguh!
    1. Respectful. I have never had a truly metal person be straight up mean to me or anyone around me. Sure, we have drunk people, but they aren't metal.

2. Steadfast. Believe me, I'm not saying that you don't hold onto your opinions, but you don't in the long term. Need I remind you of the "my review ov death magnetic!" thread? How do I know this isn't going to be the same thing two months from now?

Just two. Also, why did you put traits in quotes? Did you think I was using the word incorrectly? What gives?

Also, you make it sound like I said to you, "Metalcore bands always play arenas." I didn't, and there's a reason for that. But you have to understand that there's a fundamental difference in popularity when Anthrax, a band with a legendary and storied career is playing theaters when bands like Emmure, BMTH, etc; are playing the same venues.
    log isnt metalcore
    Yeah, they are, and they do play arenas. Thank you for reminding me.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    log isnt metalcore
    Not fully, but they do have metalcore elements
    Explain these "traits".

1. Respectful. I have never had a truly metal person be straight up mean to me or anyone around me. Sure, we have drunk people, but they aren't metal.

2. Steadfast. Believe me, I'm not saying that you don't hold onto your opinions, but you don't in the long term. Need I remind you of the "my review ov death magnetic!" thread? How do I know this isn't going to be the same thing two months from now?

Just two. Also, why did you put traits in quotes? Did you think I was using the word incorrectly? What gives?

Also, you make it sound like I said to you, "Metalcore bands always play arenas." I didn't, and there's a reason for that. But you have to understand that there's a fundamental difference in popularity when Anthrax, a band with a legendary and storied career is playing theaters when bands like Emmure, BMTH, etc; are playing the same venues.
    log isnt metalcore
    Yeah, they are, and they do play arenas. Thank you for reminding me.
    I don't change my opinion much on Music. My album of the year changed 3 times this year, but that's only because better Music was released as the year progressed.

Also, I'm VERY respectful. At shows, and in general. I could be to you guys too if you weren't such dicks and didn't bash me for everything I say.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    log isnt metalcore
    Not fully, but they do have metalcore elements

yeah they do, idk i just call them new wave of american heavy metal to make it easier lol
    because i feel like being a complete dick here's erik's iron maiden review where there are more then a few contradictory statements

CAN'T.
    FUCKING.
    WAIT.

I'm so incredibly psyched. Even more so then when I first saw Behemoth. O_O

IRON FUCKING MAIDEN: What is there to say? I'm absolutely speechless over them still. They're living legends and for a goddamn reason. If they had played classics, this would have easily been the best show I've ever seen, but since I don't listen to Dance Of Death or A Matter Of Life And Death all that much, I found myself getting a bit bored during the 5 songs from those albums. :/ But The Wicker Man and Ghost Of The Navigator can't be explained in words. I'm surprised I didn't blow my voice out screaming those songs. The Wicker Man was such an epic way to start the show. Their stage set-up was easily the best I've ever seen. And I'm amazed that these guys are like 60, and they're the most energetic band I've ever seen live. Bruce was literally all over the place. When they played Blood Brothers, they dedicated it to Dio and said (Like I said, it was very hard to understand Bruce due to the echo.) Dio is making Rainbows In The Dark, and I nearly shed tears, call me a homo for that, I don't give a fuck, but it was an amazing moment for me, it was heartwarming to see them pay tribute to a fellow Metal Musician. Screamed like crazy for Brave New World as well. I love that album in general, so all 4 songs that they played from it were incredible. When Eddie came on stage, that was an incredibly epic moment, just like I thought it would be, funny that a Puppet (Or unknown dude in a suit lolz.) is so iconic. He destroyed one of their Guitars lolz, he threw it to the side of the stage. El Dorado live was really good, however, that song is kinda eh for me right now anyways. When they went offstage before the encore, the crowd went absolute batshit insane for an encore, probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd get. It was fucking mental. I lost control for Number Of The Beast and just screamed every line at the top of my lungs. Fucking legendary song, and I finally saw it live. Kinda hard to believe, but that wasn't the best, oh no.
    HALLOWED.
    BE.
    THY.
    NAME.
    After seeing that song live, I could never see a live show again and be happy. (Well....not really, but you know what I'm saying. :P) Holy. FUCK. I can't even describe it. The band took on a God-like presence for me when they were playing it. It seemed unreal. It's the best live song I've EVER seen. It was so unbelievably beyond perfect. They should of closed the show with that song, but as everyone knows, they ended with Running Free. As a lot of other people on here have said, I'm not much of a fan of Running Free, but it was fun nonetheless and got the crowd going crazy. But WOW. Legendary night for me. I now truly know the meaning of "You haven't seen a Metal show until you've seen Maiden." it embodied everything a Metal show SHOULD be. (Coulda used a bit more carnage, but eh. :P) I feel proud to say I saw them. I saw living legends perform live. I feel like I accomplished something. Such a rewarding experience. I wish I could re-live it a couple dozen more times. Behemoth is still the best show I've ever seen, but for obvious reasons, but this comes in so very close, and like I said, had they played classics, this would have been number one, no question about it. I really hope this isn't the true "Final Frontier" because I need to see them at least one more time, but if I don't, then I won't regret it, because at least I got to see them once. My only regret is that Studio Maiden will never sound as good anymore. 11/10
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    lol miss may i are a whiny version of AILD.