Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    A Scene kid? Far from it, buddy.
    your new found love of BMTH, TDWP, Attack Attack! and ADTR tells us otherwise homie.

Im not trying to bash im just pointing out a fact.

Dont try to deny the fact youre turning into a scenie...there is nothing wrong with it [in my eyes you are who you are]

ive changed several times since i was 14..im almost twenty and im a complete different person. i no longer have the desire to grow my hair out, waste my money on countless shows, etc..

What im trying to say man is embrace it. dont fight it. Worst comes to worst youre a scenie for a while...then you bounce back into metulhzheadz status or something different.

Feel free to tell me to fuck off, i understand youre a angry 14 year old who dosnt give a fuck about what people have to say. positive or negative.

im just throwing my two cents in.

/ramble
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm NOT a Scenie though...I'd embrace it if it were actually true. Yes I like Scenie bands, but at the same time, the number of "true" Metal bands I like completely outnumber the Scenie bands. I don't dress it or act it either.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    I'm NOT a Scenie though...I'd embrace it if it were actually true. Yes I like Scenie bands, but at the same time, the number of "true" Metal bands I like completely outnumber the Scenie bands. I don't dress it or act it either.

alright then.

I was just sayin man.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited October 2010
    Really? Because I don't have the same tastes as you? Because I prefer to listen to Music that actually excites me?
    No, because everything that I consider to be an admirable trait of a metal fan, I don't really see in you.
    didn't fucking Slayer? Didn't Pantera?
    In it's hey day? No. Bands like Metallica weren't playing huge venues until they sold out, Megadeth too. Anthrax still doesn't play huge venues, they headline clubs. Slayer are sort of a between theater and arena sized band, so they have to have fairly big support to headline an arena, but until 1994ish, Slayer weren't that big. That's the fucking Big 4. No one else comes close to their level of popularity in the genre. Thrash isn't and hasn't ever really been that big.
    BOOM!
    ROASTED
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Well, this thread brought the lulz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Good reading material for me.

edited October 2010
    Uh no? I said that it wasn't better then MoP a while ago. Probably over a year ago now. You fuckers REALLY like to overexaggerate things. And sorry brah, I've never bashed BMTH. Never. Not once. I've liked them since CYB, it's just that they were nothing too special to me up until now. As far as AA!, I still fucking LOATHE their first album, it's absolute horseshit, and if they still only had that one album under their belts, I'd still think they were just as horrible, however, they truly evolved into a better band with their second album, and there's nothing I respect more then a band evolving and making themselves better. BMTH did just that with TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS tenfold.

And seriously, a Metalhead offended by swearing? Ahahaha. My swearing has nothing to do with my respect, considering that when I need to censor myself, I can very easily do so, but when I'm with people around my age, that are into METAL, I see no reason why I should censor myself and not be myself. I have a filthy mouth and I admit it, I don't give a fuck though. And what? What the fuck are you smoking bro? When did I threaten to post Bianca's nudes earlier? Besides that, even though me and her made up (Somewhat.) I don't see why I should show respect to someone I hate/dislike. Do I hate her now? No, not at all. Did I at the time? Yes. It goes like that for me in person and on the internet. I hate you, all "rules" are off.
    I was planning on going to bed, but...

I remember precisely that you ranked Metallica's albums in order, with Death Magnetic finishing above Master of Puppets. Someone called you out on it, and a small bru-ha-ha arose from it, but nothing major. I don't think you remember it, but other people will likely agree, it certainly happened. You later did recant that admission, but you made the claim nonetheless. I believe there to be no major (I'm talking AJFA - Load) changes in sound from either BMTH or Attack Attack! But you managed to make that claim just fine, and I consider that to be an erratic listening pattern. It's not like it's truly a bad thing, but you do it. My claim previously was that I don't really consider your attributes as a metal listener good, because I have no way of knowing if your tastes at one moment are permanent or not.

Before I begin the second part here, I'd like to clarify something. I am not offended by your swearing. I consider swearing to create a class distinction, that I usually try not to create so easily, but I am not offended by it. I consider it disrespectful to swear frequently, especially with the use of homophobic and racial slurs. I called you disrespectful, and so far you have done little to refute that claim. You threatened to post Bianca's nudes in a message to her...
    heres the message

OK, REALLY didn't want it to have to come to this, but I'm fucking sick and tired of the trolling and bashing, it's all over a grudge you never got over. So there's 2 solutions to this. You either A: Peacefully just stop already, or B: I have a nude picture of you that I WILL post. So I would advise you to just stop.
    So yeah, back-stabby on her part, but regardless, it's true. I'd also like to neutrally point out that less than a week ago we had a discussion of a very sensitive matter. I'd in no way reveal any information discussed there, but it's incredibly short sighted of you to claim that "all rules are off (sic)." after a discussion of that nature. I believe the fundamental difference here on the matter of respect though, is "I don't see why I should show respect to someone I hate/dislike." I consider it absolutely necessary to respect someone you hate or dislike, because that is the lone quality that you can control. Some try to gain an upper hand with facts, thoughts, plans, etc; But nothing is more essential than mutual respect. Perhaps its a matter of your true immaturity, but your lack of composure is very telling. I don't care if you hate me, because in the end, my lack of respect for you renders any discourse we'd have from this point out unnecessary. If you perhaps find a way to prove that you have reached a point of even-mindedness, perhaps we can talk more. Until then, I wish you luck in your education, because like it or not, it's the most important thing for you to master.
    Fuckin owned. He just raped your ass, made it bleed, then came all over your face and made you swallow
    It's already ruined.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm living for absolutely nothing but my snakes at this point. Pretty fucking pathetic life.
    You've got more to live for than your snakes. Every teen goes through this. I have. I've felt like, what's the point? Then I realize that I have it so much better than so many people. I was taking everything I had for granted and thinking boo hoo, my life is so bad, when it really wasn't bad at all. Just look at the bright side, become more open minded to other ideas, and be open minded about changing as a person
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    no order...

Misery Index-Heirs to Thievery
    Sick of It All-Based on a True Story
    Madball-Empire
    Terror-Keepers of the Faith
    36 Crazyfists-Collisions and Castaways
    The Ghost Inside-Returners
    Ceremony-Rohnert Park
    Eminem-Recovery
    Kataklysm-Heaven's Venom
    Kingdom of Sorrow-Behind the Blackest Tears
    Bleeding Through-S/T
    Deftones-Diamond Eyes
    Whitechapel-A New Era of Corruption
    Decrepit Birth-Polarity
    As I Lay Dying-The Powerless Rise
    O.A.R.-Rain or Shine
    Veil of Maya-[id]
    Danzig-Deth Red Sabaoth
    Cephalic Carnage-Misled By Certainty
    Impending Doom-There Will Be Violence
    Parkway Drive-Deep Blue
    Miss May I-Monument
    The Acacia Strain-Wormwood
    Stick to Your Guns-The Hope Division
    Exodus-Exhibit B
    Stone Temple Pilots-Self Titled
    Four Year Strong-Enemy of the World
    First Blood-Silence Is Betrayal
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    First Blood-Silence Is Betrayal
    did it leak.
    yea, my buddy burned me a copy. yea i know, i still burn cd's i don't even have or know how to use an ipod :(
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    i don't even have or know how to use an ipod :(
    wat
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    yea man, i'm stuck in the early 2000's burning cd's still. i have like 7000 burnt albums, lol. when i do get an ipod, hopefully someone can help me set that shit up, i have no clue about them. everyone tells me its madd easy and i should get one, i just havent had the extra cash.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i burn cds a lot too.
    What genre do you get when you mix death and thrash? That's kinda the genre my band is headed....
    yea man, i'm stuck in the early 2000's burning cd's still. i have like 7000 burnt albums, lol. when i do get an ipod, hopefully someone can help me set that shit up, i have no clue about them. everyone tells me its madd easy and i should get one, i just havent had the extra cash.
    It is, how they say, mad easy
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I did kind of laugh when erik said that Attack Attack has "evolved' so much from their first. If anything theyve evolved into a very genric deathcore band with really out of place clean vocals and then the occaisional autotune dance song
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    What genre do you get when you mix death and thrash? That's kinda the genre my band is headed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTrxkgkusw

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTrxkgkusw

mine too... a little more thrash-y than that though.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy fuck that Holy Moses song is absolutely sick!

Started headbanging on impulse lolz.