Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't change my opinion much on Music. My album of the year changed 3 times this year, but that's only because better Music was released as the year progressed.

Also, I'm VERY respectful. At shows, and in general. I could be to you guys too if you weren't such dicks and didn't bash me for everything I say.
    Three times is very little. Very little. You do, actually, but I don't think it's quite as conscious as some people here think it is. You've admitted that Death Magnetic isn't better than Master of Puppets, but not so long ago you did say just that. You would have blasted BMTH a few years ago, yet now you claim they released an album that is "perfect." You frequently made fun of Bianca for liking Attack Attack! but did not hesitate to claim that you liked, them, claiming you've become a more "open minded" music listener. That's erratic.

I wouldn't quite describe you as respectful. You frequently use homophobic and racial slurs, swear constantly in every post, and are not above personal attacks. Might I remind you that you posted nude photos of Bianca, but even worse stooped to threatening to post them just earlier? I don't care what people say to you, because it goes a long way to be respectful. Let me tell you this, it's incredibly difficult to argue against someone who goes out of their way to be respectful. I can't say that you fulfill that.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited October 2010
    EDIT: nvm he espalined
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxB7rlHWeY8

^
    Describe it in 4 words or less?

Only an 86 on MA, surprised at that, it sounded great.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wine, once again, has set the bar for metal forum posting.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited October 2010

Describe it in 4 words or less?

Only an 86 on MA, surprised at that, it sounded great.

Black Metal Sex Party

(with the Womens-Swedish Olympic Ski team)
    Black Metal Sex Party
    Eh, only slightly interested.
    (with the Womens-Swedish Olympic Ski team)
    Wait, I'm in.
    i dunno though.... a lot of the reviewers at MA like to pigeonhole bands. (Especially bands like these)

the ones that don't really bring something completely new to the table... but bring in small pieces of shit that has been done and mold it into something that's entirely theirs.

A lot of them are quick to write these bands as Opeth ripoffs..... but really; Opeth should NEVER be considered the standard. Their music is long-winded, tedious, and predictable. VERY OVERRATED in that aspect.

in this case you could definitely see the Drudkh influence.... but calling it a ripoff; or nothing "original" is just lazy.
    their logo is all sorts of awesome.... i'd never seen it

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't change my opinion much on Music. My album of the year changed 3 times this year, but that's only because better Music was released as the year progressed.

Also, I'm VERY respectful. At shows, and in general. I could be to you guys too if you weren't such dicks and didn't bash me for everything I say.
    Three times is very little. Very little. You do, actually, but I don't think it's quite as conscious as some people here think it is. You've admitted that Death Magnetic isn't better than Master of Puppets, but not so long ago you did say just that. You would have blasted BMTH a few years ago, yet now you claim they released an album that is "perfect." You frequently made fun of Bianca for liking Attack Attack! but did not hesitate to claim that you liked, them, claiming you've become a more "open minded" music listener. That's erratic.

I wouldn't quite describe you as respectful. You frequently use homophobic and racial slurs, swear constantly in every post, and are not above personal attacks. Might I remind you that you posted nude photos of Bianca, but even worse stooped to threatening to post them just earlier? I don't care what people say to you, because it goes a long way to be respectful. Let me tell you this, it's incredibly difficult to argue against someone who goes out of their way to be respectful. I can't say that you fulfill that.
    Uh no? I said that it wasn't better then MoP a while ago. Probably over a year ago now. You fuckers REALLY like to overexaggerate things. And sorry brah, I've never bashed BMTH. Never. Not once. I've liked them since CYB, it's just that they were nothing too special to me up until now. As far as AA!, I still fucking LOATHE their first album, it's absolute horseshit, and if they still only had that one album under their belts, I'd still think they were just as horrible, however, they truly evolved into a better band with their second album, and there's nothing I respect more then a band evolving and making themselves better. BMTH did just that with TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS tenfold.

And seriously, a Metalhead offended by swearing? Ahahaha. My swearing has nothing to do with my respect, considering that when I need to censor myself, I can very easily do so, but when I'm with people around my age, that are into METAL, I see no reason why I should censor myself and not be myself. I have a filthy mouth and I admit it, I don't give a fuck though. And what? What the fuck are you smoking bro? When did I threaten to post Bianca's nudes earlier? Besides that, even though me and her made up (Somewhat.) I don't see why I should show respect to someone I hate/dislike. Do I hate her now? No, not at all. Did I at the time? Yes. It goes like that for me in person and on the internet. I hate you, all "rules" are off.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    Really? Because I don't have the same tastes as you? Because I prefer to listen to Music that actually excites me?
    No, because everything that I consider to be an admirable trait of a metal fan, I don't really see in you.
    didn't fucking Slayer? Didn't Pantera?
    In it's hey day? No. Bands like Metallica weren't playing huge venues until they sold out, Megadeth too. Anthrax still doesn't play huge venues, they headline clubs. Slayer are sort of a between theater and arena sized band, so they have to have fairly big support to headline an arena, but until 1994ish, Slayer weren't that big. That's the fucking Big 4. No one else comes close to their level of popularity in the genre. Thrash isn't and hasn't ever really been that big.
    Explain these "traits".

And AHAHAHAHA. I wanna know a Metalcore band besides BFMV that's playing arenas. Even BMTH is only playing fucking House Of Blues nigguh!

house of blues isnt an arena homie!
    I didn't say it was....re-read what I said...
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    And what? What the fuck are you smoking bro? When did I threaten to post Bianca's nudes earlier? Besides that, even though me and her made up (Somewhat.) I don't see why I should show respect to someone I hate/dislike. Do I hate her now? No, not at all. Did I at the time? Yes. It goes like that for me in person and on the internet. I hate you, all "rules" are off.
    You're kidding...

You threatened her like you were gonna kill her and tried to make the biggest deal about that, ridiculous stuff. Oh and admitting that you would stoop to the absolute lowest is certainly not something to be proud of.
    Censor doesnt automatically have to do with swearing.
    Sometimes you need to filter/review what youre gonna say before you do.
    Cuz most of the time you'll just seem like a tard.
    I threatened to post them, but not today....the way he said it, it seemed like he was saying that I did it today.
    Censor doesnt automatically have to do with swearing.
    Sometimes you need to filter/review what youre gonna say before you do.
    Cuz most of the time you'll just seem like a tard.
    And this is why I say

I
    DON'T
    GIVE
    A
    FUCK

I'm done sucking people's dicks and trying to please everyone. I'm done trying to live up to people's expectations. I am who I am. Take it or fucking leave it.
    Uh no? I said that it wasn't better then MoP a while ago. Probably over a year ago now. You fuckers REALLY like to overexaggerate things. And sorry brah, I've never bashed BMTH. Never. Not once. I've liked them since CYB, it's just that they were nothing too special to me up until now. As far as AA!, I still fucking LOATHE their first album, it's absolute horseshit, and if they still only had that one album under their belts, I'd still think they were just as horrible, however, they truly evolved into a better band with their second album, and there's nothing I respect more then a band evolving and making themselves better. BMTH did just that with TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS tenfold.

And seriously, a Metalhead offended by swearing? Ahahaha. My swearing has nothing to do with my respect, considering that when I need to censor myself, I can very easily do so, but when I'm with people around my age, that are into METAL, I see no reason why I should censor myself and not be myself. I have a filthy mouth and I admit it, I don't give a fuck though. And what? What the fuck are you smoking bro? When did I threaten to post Bianca's nudes earlier? Besides that, even though me and her made up (Somewhat.) I don't see why I should show respect to someone I hate/dislike. Do I hate her now? No, not at all. Did I at the time? Yes. It goes like that for me in person and on the internet. I hate you, all "rules" are off.
    I was planning on going to bed, but...

I remember precisely that you ranked Metallica's albums in order, with Death Magnetic finishing above Master of Puppets. Someone called you out on it, and a small bru-ha-ha arose from it, but nothing major. I don't think you remember it, but other people will likely agree, it certainly happened. You later did recant that admission, but you made the claim nonetheless. I believe there to be no major (I'm talking AJFA - Load) changes in sound from either BMTH or Attack Attack! But you managed to make that claim just fine, and I consider that to be an erratic listening pattern. It's not like it's truly a bad thing, but you do it. My claim previously was that I don't really consider your attributes as a metal listener good, because I have no way of knowing if your tastes at one moment are permanent or not.

Before I begin the second part here, I'd like to clarify something. I am not offended by your swearing. I consider swearing to create a class distinction, that I usually try not to create so easily, but I am not offended by it. I consider it disrespectful to swear frequently, especially with the use of homophobic and racial slurs. I called you disrespectful, and so far you have done little to refute that claim. You threatened to post Bianca's nudes in a message to her...
    heres the message

OK, REALLY didn't want it to have to come to this, but I'm fucking sick and tired of the trolling and bashing, it's all over a grudge you never got over. So there's 2 solutions to this. You either A: Peacefully just stop already, or B: I have a nude picture of you that I WILL post. So I would advise you to just stop.
    So yeah, back-stabby on her part, but regardless, it's true. I'd also like to neutrally point out that less than a week ago we had a discussion of a very sensitive matter. I'd in no way reveal any information discussed there, but it's incredibly short sighted of you to claim that "all rules are off (sic)." after a discussion of that nature. I believe the fundamental difference here on the matter of respect though, is "I don't see why I should show respect to someone I hate/dislike." I consider it absolutely necessary to respect someone you hate or dislike, because that is the lone quality that you can control. Some try to gain an upper hand with facts, thoughts, plans, etc; But nothing is more essential than mutual respect. Perhaps its a matter of your true immaturity, but your lack of composure is very telling. I don't care if you hate me, because in the end, my lack of respect for you renders any discourse we'd have from this point out unnecessary. If you perhaps find a way to prove that you have reached a point of even-mindedness, perhaps we can talk more. Until then, I wish you luck in your education, because like it or not, it's the most important thing for you to master.
    How do you get "today" when he was talkin about that incident?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    popcorn gif Pictures, Images and Photos
    I love winning with women