Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited October 2010
    Shit, even Iron Maiden bored the shit out of me a few days ago.
    Just stop there....I'm pissed at you now but just wait until wine gets in here
    See, this is where I bring back something we mentioned regarding the terrible band that is Linkin Park. Unique for the sake of being unique does not equal good.

If you can't find music that keeps your attention besides BMTH, I feel very sorry for you.
    *ahem*

New page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Barren Earth....very excited to see them next year.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    Yea.....Scenecore. -_-

A lot of Metalcore stays fresh. Yes, the elitists will say "Oh, it's generic and bland." but that's not the case. Death Metal is easily the most generic genre, there's only a handful that I can sit here and say, they sound absolutely different from other DM bands. (In fact, the only 3 that come to mind instantly are Behemoth, Vader, and Nile.). Yes, there's good DM bands like Immolation, but even they sound exactly like Incantation and a few others.

But with Metalcore, it's such a broad and fresh genre. Every Core band I like has things that keep them seperated from eachother and they have their own characteristics, to the point that I could hear a new song from one of them, without knowing who made it, but I'd be able to say "Hey, that's AILD, that's BMTH, that's MMI, etc.) With Death Metal or Black Metal....? Not so much. Unless it was one of the 3 bands I stated. Black Metal is an even worse offender. I've given up on it except for like....Watain.

AILD and BMTH are my second and third favorite bands.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    these are my 2 fave "metal" songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDc_AAnhTnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d52CPVb1-Ss

and no i am not "trolling" on that second song either
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    ok i could deal with the BMTH bullshit but liking Oh Sleeper just made me lose all respect for you musically.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    ok i could deal with the BMTH bullshit but liking Oh Sleeper just made me lose all respect for you musically.
    hey at least he hasn't said he likes Motionless In White yet (at least not that i know of)
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Tremolo picking is more prevalent in Black Metal...<_>
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I wanna know what's wrong with Oh, Sleeper. They're fucking epic. Technical as Hell too.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    No really. Everythng about that album is great. The mixing, the guitars; the vocals, the everything in it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgi8mzHEPg

DOESN'T FUCKING COMPARE TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!one
    Truly doesn't. TFF was so fucking disappointing. Crucify Me is perfect.
    0_0
    really? I am speechless....failure of ginormously huge proportions has just smacked me in the face....
    Yes, and to be honest, I liked BMTH live more then Iron Maiden.
    Go fuck yourself <_>

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    edited October 2010
    They sound like bad early Killswitch wannabees.

Nice half-assed Jesse Leach impression.

Edit: Directed at Oh Sleeper, ov course.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    "But shit like TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS? Absolutely nothing sounds like it. It's so fucking unique. I love it. Never gets old, never gets boring."
    I'm calling troll or straight up retardation
    I can name ten bands that sound identical to Bring me the Horizon.

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited October 2010
    next to forever the sickest kids Oh Sleeper is one of the worst bands around. generic as the come, they have no defining characteristics at all. all they do is what almost every other band in the genre does, except they do it a lot worse.
    And actually, me and Jamie had this discussion a week or so ago, about Core being a "trend" that only kids like, and he made a very good point.

Core's primary fan base may be kids, true, but think back. What was Thrash's main fan base back in the 80's? What about DM? Kids.....teens....young people. And now old dudes love Thrash and DM, but that's because they loved it as kids. And that's how Core will be. All these kids will be talking at 40 about how much they love AILD, because it's what they were listening to as kids, and who they were going to see at shows as kids. Kids keep Metal -and Music in general- alive.
    "But shit like TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS? Absolutely nothing sounds like it. It's so fucking unique. I love it. Never gets old, never gets boring."
    I'm calling troll or straight up retardation
    I can name ten bands that sound identical to Bring me the Horizon.
    No. I call honest opinion.

And good, I really wanna see you try. CYB was generic Deathcore bullshit, and many bands sound like it. Not TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS though. No way in fucking Hell.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Uh no. I love Brave New World and some of AMOLAD. It was just gay. First time seeing them, and they played nothing but new shit.
    Waaah, we heard some of the best songs they've ever written but since it was more than 15 years after their inception it can't be good waaah.
    Shit, even Iron Maiden bored the shit out of me a few days ago.
    You are the least metal person I have ever come to know.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Core is just a fad that will die when something "cooler" comes out. Hopefully I'll fucking end up dead by then.

edited October 2010
    And actually, me and Jamie had this discussion a week or so ago, about Core being a "trend" that only kids like, and he made a very good point.

Core's primary fan base may be kids, true, but think back. What was Thrash's main fan base back in the 80's? What about DM? Kids.....teens....young people. And now old dudes love Thrash and DM, but that's because they loved it as kids. And that's how Core will be. All these kids will be talking at 40 about how much they love AILD, because it's what they were listening to as kids, and who they were going to see at shows as kids. Kids keep Metal -and Music in general- alive.
    Yes, but those bands were actually good and pushed to be different instead of copying every other band.