Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    And actually, me and Jamie had this discussion a week or so ago, about Core being a "trend" that only kids like, and he made a very good point.

Core's primary fan base may be kids, true, but think back. What was Thrash's main fan base back in the 80's? What about DM? Kids.....teens....young people. And now old dudes love Thrash and DM, but that's because they loved it as kids. And that's how Core will be. All these kids will be talking at 40 about how much they love AILD, because it's what they were listening to as kids, and who they were going to see at shows as kids. Kids keep Metal -and Music in general- alive.
    Yes, but those bands were actually good and pushed to be different instead of copying every other band.
    SO DO METALCORE BANDS! Not all of them, but still.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    While I do understand his point about Death Metal and Black Metal sounding exactly the same and metalcore differentiating between bands and songs, I have to disagree. DM and BM may sound very similar between bands but you can tell a difference and they don't sound as similar as you make them out to be
    Uh no. I love Brave New World and some of AMOLAD. It was just gay. First time seeing them, and they played nothing but new shit.
    Waaah, we heard some of the best songs they've ever written but since it was more than 15 years after their inception it can't be good waaah.
    Shit, even Iron Maiden bored the shit out of me a few days ago.
    You are the least metal person I have ever come to know.
    Really? Because I don't have the same tastes as you? Because I prefer to listen to Music that actually excites me?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    And actually, me and Jamie had this discussion a week or so ago, about Core being a "trend" that only kids like, and he made a very good point.

Core's primary fan base may be kids, true, but think back. What was Thrash's main fan base back in the 80's? What about DM? Kids.....teens....young people. And now old dudes love Thrash and DM, but that's because they loved it as kids. And that's how Core will be. All these kids will be talking at 40 about how much they love AILD, because it's what they were listening to as kids, and who they were going to see at shows as kids. Kids keep Metal -and Music in general- alive.
    Yes, but those bands were actually good and pushed to be different instead of copying every other band.
    And Brian blows Erik's argument up.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    "But shit like TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS? Absolutely nothing sounds like it. It's so fucking unique. I love it. Never gets old, never gets boring."
    I'm calling troll or straight up retardation
    I can name ten bands that sound identical to Bring me the Horizon.
    No. I call honest opinion.

And good, I really wanna see you try. CYB was generic Deathcore bullshit, and many bands sound like it. Not TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS though. No way in fucking Hell.
    Every Time I Die just to name one, minus the singing and the generic guitar riffs of course.

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    And thrash and death were never "cool." Post-hardcore is the equivalent of glam, grunge, and nu metal.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    next to forever the sickest kids Oh Sleeper is one of the worst bands around. generic as the come, they have no defining characteristics at all. all they do is what almost every other band in the genre does, except they do it a lot worse.
    No. Have you even heard Son Of The Mourning?
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    While I do understand his point about Death Metal and Black Metal sounding exactly the same and metalcore differentiating between bands and songs, I have to disagree. DM and BM may sound very similar between bands but you can tell a difference and they don't sound as similar as you make them out to be
    I dont see the BM bands sounding exactly the same part....

i know of a single pair (Dimmu and Stormlord),,,,, thats it.
    And thrash and death were never "cool." Post-hardcore is the equivalent of glam, grunge, and nu metal.
    Get the fuck out of here. Now you're just trying to defend something with bullshit "facts". All those kids back then thought they were just as "cool" as Core fans because they listened to Slayer.

You're all just biased against these kids. Most of them generally LIKE the fucking Music. Just as I do. At least they're honest about it.

It gets harder and harder for me to associate myself with Metalheads. Seriously so fucking ignorant about Music that isn't TRUE FUCKING METAL \m/ I talk to Scene kids and Core kids and they're cool as hell about Music and not ignorant for the most part, they like what they like and that's that. I was talking to this girl the other day about BMTH, and I told her about Behemoth, and sent her a link, and all she said is "It's too heavy for me, I don't really like it.". Fair enough. She wasn't a fucking tool about it at least.
    Get the fuck out of here. Now you're just trying to defend something with bullshit "facts".
    lol
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Actually, Brian's pretty much correct here. You know the huge amount of beef between the glam crowd and the thrash crowd...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Also, Erik, that nice paragraph you typed me doesn't have to do with what I said. You compared core to being a generational continuation of metal, following death and thrash.

I told you that metalcore is popular while death and thrash are not.

You told me how close minded I am and that the scene kids like their music and are open minded.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited October 2010
    Uh no. I love Brave New World and some of AMOLAD. It was just gay. First time seeing them, and they played nothing but new shit.
    Waaah, we heard some of the best songs they've ever written but since it was more than 15 years after their inception it can't be good waaah.
    Shit, even Iron Maiden bored the shit out of me a few days ago.
    You are the least metal person I have ever come to know.
    Really? Because I don't have the same tastes as you? Because I prefer to listen to Music that actually excites me?
    lolwut?
    Cormorant, Giant Squid, Cloudkicker, Arjens projects not exciting?
    hahahahahahahaha

EDIT: altho they can be mellow at times
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin

Fuck yeah. Ready for the big BMTH show tonight?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Actually, Brian's pretty much correct here.
    yea Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Maybe its cause i mostly always put itunes and my mp3 players on shuffle, but I can certainly tell the difference between say Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Suffocation and Dying Fetus, since you say it all sounds the same.
    I really wanna know how Metalcore is "popular".

Yes it has a huge mainstream fanbase.....didn't fucking Slayer? Didn't Pantera? All these huge bands that you guys bend over for had just as big of a mainstream fanbase. Metalcore is still new, so of course it has a big fanbase. Just like Thrash did. Just like DM did. Not only that, you can't compare Core to Grunge, Nu Metal, OR Glam. Metalcore and Deathcore hardly get any radio play at all. I don't know about you, but I've NEVER heard BMTH or AILD on the radio. I've heard some ATR and KsE, but even that's extremely rare. I've never even heard the soft Scenie bands on the radio. Like ADTR and PTV.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I hear ALID on the radio a lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I really wanna know how Metalcore is "popular".

Yes it has a huge mainstream fanbase.....
    lol
    Maybe its cause i mostly always put itunes and my mp3 players on shuffle, but I can certainly tell the difference between say Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Suffocation and Dying Fetus, since you say it all sounds the same.

So can I, but all 4 of those bands are extremely similar. Nothing too "unique" about any of them when put against other DM bands.