Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My album review WAS good enough. I'm not going over it again.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Nobody should really have a problem if Erik thinks BMTH is the album of the year. Sure, it's far from my taste, but fuck it, it's his opinion.
    I love winning with women
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    My album review WAS good enough. I'm not going over it again.
    Don't run from the challenge. Your album review told us absolutely nothing. If I were to review an album of a band I really enjoy; I would probably be biased toward the review. Here's the thing, I would give detail on why I liked this certain album. I will gladly take away twelve reasons and reduce it to six on why you like the new BMTH album, if, of course, it would make that easier for you.

I already did! I did a track by track explanation TWICE in my review.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    We're saying the review told us nothing about the album and why you like it. It was more of a rave really. A review breaks down parts of the album and criticizes it
    That's what I did... -.-

*Facepalm*
    Well I finished both the new ATR and Dimmu. I expected nothing, and received less. -_-

The new ATR is fucking garbage. Heavier then Overcome?!? HA! Every song is a radio song with nothing but clean singing except for the first 2 songs and Some Of The People, All Of The Time. And even those were boring and generic. At least Overcome was good Musically, even if it was lighter than The Fall Of Ideals.

The new Dimmu....not even worth going into details. Fucking garbage. Way too melodic and not heavy at all, and the songs have absolutely no structure. The orchestral version of Gateways is fucking sick however, but only because the orchestra sounds so dark and beautiful.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I liked the new ATR <_>
    I love winning with women
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    edited October 2010
    Both albums were pretty good.

Also, "Dead Wrong" on ATR's new one.
    First that's the orchestral version of dimmu borgir. Not gateways. It was wrong on my album too

Second....Abrahadabra is such a great album. Idk how you can like jskdkeudmsoqidfndkwn by bmth and think abrahadabra is bad.
    Also, just because no other album will add up to ekdiemdmdksndndks for you, doesn't mean that there can't be any other albums on your list.
    No it's Gateways...you can clearly tell.
    Well I finished both the new ATR and Dimmu. I expected nothing, and received less. -_-

The new ATR is fucking garbage. Heavier then Overcome?!? HA! Every song is a radio song with nothing but clean singing except for the first 2 songs and Some Of The People, All Of The Time. And even those were boring and generic. At least Overcome was good Musically, even if it was lighter than The Fall Of Ideals.

The new Dimmu....not even worth going into details. Fucking garbage. Way too melodic and not heavy at all, and the songs have absolutely no structure. The orchestral version of Gateways is fucking sick however, but only because the orchestra sounds so dark and beautiful.
    You claim that the new ATR was radio friendly and the new Dimmu wasn't heavy. Yet you give the new BMTH album a 11/10 and claim that it's a masterpiece. This is very strange to me since I can't find one heavy song on the new BMTH album. If you were to go back to Count Your Blessing; well I guess you can say that's heavy in a sense. Either way it's more heavier than their new material. You should really think your comments through before you say everything in one burst. If you were to talk badly about the clean singing in "For We Are Many", you could also refer back to the new Bring me the Horizon album, because we all know they added clean vocals in their songs to sound more radio friendly.

Uhh brah? There's clean singing in 3 songs out of 12...and TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS is heavy as all fucking Hell. And the clean singing in TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS fits perfectly. Not only that, but I have no problem with clean Vocals, it's just that nearly everything on ...For We Are Many is Radio Rock bullshit.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    ...For We Are Many wasnt THAT great compared to This Darkened Heart, or Fall of Ideals... but it was ALOT better, and heavier than Overcome was
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    No it's Gateways...you can clearly tell.
    Um...what? Gateways starts with ambient noises. Dimmu borgir starts with clean, chorus vocals. The only orchestral version on the album has clean, chorus vocals at the beginning and the entire song is dimmu borgir....I have the actualg album...
    I would like (in detail of course) why clean singing fits perfectly in a song with such a bland name as "Fuck".

I would like (in detail of course) why clean singing fits perfectly in a song with such a bland name as "Fuck".
    Who cares that it's named Fuck? The entire song is about fucking like crazy, so they made the title short and sweet. Fucking elitists I swear.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Uhh brah? There's clean singing in 3 songs out of 12...and TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS is heavy as all fucking Hell. And the clean singing in TIAHBISITIAHLKIAS fits perfectly. Not only that, but I have no problem with clean Vocals, it's just that nearly everything on ...For We Are Many is Radio Rock bullshit.
    Sure, it's heavy, but it's not "heavy as all fucking Hell (sic)."

Granted, it's not like I'm arguing that Erik can't like the new album, but to exclaim that it's "perfect" is representative of his musical immaturity. There are very few albums that I would call "perfect." I'm talking like, five. With development, he will understand that this album is not perfect, and maybe not even good.

Also, the cleans on that album are so forced it's crazy.

My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Who cares that it's named Fuck? The entire song is about fucking like crazy, so they made the title short and sweet. Fucking elitists I swear.
    Ok, then tell me why the clean singing fits. Obviously the song is about fucking; not sweet intercourse. So at least for me, the song shouldn't have any clean vocals.