Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

1344334443445344634473449»

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Smashed my finger between a speaker and its stand yesterday. Anyone know if I can use a hot needle to poke a hole in my nail and drain the blood? This pressure is killing me.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Sure can. It will feel better too. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Did it. Much better
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    You can fill the hole with super glue too. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    >Pick up 4 sound gigs
    >offered $225 for 6 hour gigs
    >Alright fine
    >do one last Friday
    >I dont get paid
    >"Wtf, where's my money?"
    >turns out promoter guy wants me on his payroll instead of paying cash or 1099ing me like EVERY other sound job Ive ever done
    >sends me a W4
    >Get schedule for my show tomorrow
    >9 hour+ gig
    >"oh hell no, I better be getting paid more"
    >Call to talk to promoter boss guy
    >Tell him he doesnt pay enough, and I need significantly more money for these gigs longer than 6 hours
    >Tell him he already fucked me because Im netting less than $200 a gig with taxes, but I was going to eat it because I didnt clarify if the $225 was pre or post tax before I agreed
    >But a 8-10 hour gig is a different story
    >Dude freaks the fuck out and is yelling at me on the phone
    >refuses to 1099 me for bullshit reasons
    >"What do you want me to do here?"
    >I tell him "I want you to pay me the rate you said you would. $225/6 hours is $37.50 an hour."
    >claims the rate I asked for is "A1 rates, and Im not A1" (A1's make $500-600 a gig, way more than what I was asking for)
    >He's all "your fucking me here"
    >lol I dont give a shit, pay me or no show
    >"But my contract with the venue"
    >Bitch I didnt sign a contract, I didnt see a contract, I dont give a fuck about a contract that has nothing to do with me (actually tell him this, minus the profanity)
    >He finally agrees to pay me $275 for this gig tomorrow
    >Still below standard, but ok, I need the money
    >After yelling at me for asking for more money, offers me two more gigs at $200
    >lolno get fucked 
    >email him and tell him "based on our phone call last week, I agreed to four 6-hour gigs at $225, anything more than 6 hours I need $275+an hourly overtime rate passed 8 hours, and every gig going forward needs a negotation for pay based on the gig itself"
    >never responds to me

Doing the 4 shows I obligated myself to and then this guy can kick rocks. W2s me with no salary, nor hourly pay rate disclosed, paying below standard for gig pay, for four fuckin gigs, with no contracts or employee agreements beyond what I established to him in an email. I fucking hate this industry. Everyone is a shiesty asshole and I always need to fight with these guys for my money
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Instead of singing Otto baby songs I've been singing him metal songs it's lit but im putting it here because by the time he's an adult all my favorite bands will be dead/completely retired lmao :(
    Bought a butane lighter a few weeks ago, and I cant get it to work. It sparks, I filled it with fresh butane, I bled it so its all fresh, and it will light if I put another flame next to it, so butane is passing through. But it doesnt emit a flame, and doesnt stay lit. 

I unfortunately threw away the reciept so I cant return it. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Could just buy a bic for a buck and smoke weed. 
    Where the fuck are you getting anything for a dollar in 2024
    FLAT said:
    Could just buy a bic for a buck and smoke weed. 
    I have cheap lighters too. Just wanted something nicer. But back to the cheapies I go. I like Djeep lighters, only like $2/3, but they're a little bigger than Bics
    Where the fuck are you getting anything for a dollar in 2024
    Idk I spend 5 dollars on my lighters. 
    I haven't needed a lighter in years as I've exclusively smoked carts because they don't stink like weed, but I would only buy bic  back then because everything else broke before you could finish it lol. 
    Fuck. RIP Jewell Yocum from Beneath The Hollow. I literally am going to Michigan to see them tomorrow. 

He left the band last month. I wonder what happened
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Veil Of Maya called a hiatus. F. Glad I saw them last summer. Wish I did Summer Slaughter last month but it was the Monday after Lolla so that woulda been 5 days in a row for me and I was fried the fuck out. Turns out that was potentially their last Chicago show ever smh.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    They said they’re planning on coming back at some point though. Weather that’s just conjecture, I’m not sure but you might get another chance 
    Wish they would have broke up before I saw them.