Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:
    Off topic but I want to know why Erik didn’t take the new found love of rap/hip hop and his old love of metal and be one of the first doing this trap rap/metal shit. Not sure exactly what it is called but he could have been doing shit like Ghostemane, Scarlxrd, ho9909 way before them. 
    Because I hate that shit lmao it’s corny as fuck to me. Hate Scarlxrd (Which is funny cause I’ll be seeing him in 2 weeks due to the fact that he’s opening up for BMTH.), hate Ghostemane. Never heard Ho99o9 but have heard OF him. I’ll have to look him up. Will prolly be the same result. Shit like that jus doesn’t work to me even on the reverse side when it’s Metal implementing Rap elements ala KoRn, Limp Bizkit, etc. Literally the ONLY instance where I seen it pulled off gracefully is BMTH’s new album. I know yall will laugh at that but whatever. Listen to “why you gotta kick me when i’m down” for a perfect example. I would make some shit like that. But Ghostemane and the like’s brand of that? Absolutely not.
  • Options
    I will admit tho, I’ve obviously had that moment of self realization where it hit me that, simply being realistic bout how I look, that’s prolly what I should be doing. I still look like I belong to the Metal community lmao I don’t look like I’m a rapper/singer. So many people at concerts, festivals, etc. constantly tell me I look like a musician. But then I tell them I’m a singer/rapper and it’s “Holy fuck I thought you played drums or guitar for a rock band.” So I’m very aware of my public appearance and obviously image is everything ESPECIALLY in Hip Hop. So it has hit me like “Well maybe I should try and match that.” But I honestly hate that type of music. Closest I’ve come to liking ANY of that subculture of Hip Hop is I like a few, literally a few, of $uicideboy$ songs.
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I like weird music sometimes the weirder the better so I’ve enjoyed Die Antwoord, Ghostemane, $uicodeboy$ 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    To me, Ghostemane is the result of the school shooter deciding he wants to pursue a rap career lmao.
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hey if it produces weird music that keeps me entertained while I run so be it 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    edited April 2019
    I like Scarlxrd. Ghostmane is eh. Trap metal is interesting to me from a business perspective. Its basically the current nu metal/post-metalcore genre - the "weird" genre for outcast kids, but is still mainstream. Interesting to see it shift to rap. The regular use of anime reference is cool too. 

Though guys like Ill Bill and Necro did "metal" rap better, and even had dudes like Jamey Jasta and Max Cavelera on tracks. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

Got that for my 3rd tattoo on Thursday.

Had it done on my shin and hurt like a bitch. Came out fucking great though.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Options
    LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I’m also trying the the Saniderm bandage for the aftercare this time around. 
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    Got my hand touched up and redone yesterday:

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    @Jobe_Wan_Kenobi Dig Deeper is finally going all the way bye bye lmfao. We added a layer of white at my last session to lighten it and then started the cover up today. Final cover up needed of the garage tats I got at 15/16 lmao then the rest is all empty canvas.

• Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    We tried telling you lol. You got so mad at me lol. 

Can’t wait to see it finished. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ive been thinking I might get a tattoo soon. Don't know what or where yet but the plan is to never work for anyone ever again and I feel like I'm old enough now to get something that I won't regret for the rest of my life. I know a lot of people who've had tattoos since they were like 16 and they all have a lot of really shitty tattoos cuz they were dumb kids at the time and didn't have a lot of money to spend. That kinda turned me off to the idea of getting a tattoo for a while now. I figure I'll go to a really good artist and spend good money on something really sick. No skulls or demons or shit like that cuz I still gotta talk to customers every day. I got some ideas but I wanna be 100% sure I know what I want when I walk in there with the cash. Maybe for my birthday next month. We'll see.
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    My normal advice for someone in your situation is to hit up a tattoo convention. You can walk around, watch tons of artists work, meet and talk with them about your tattoo ideas, see who has a sick style you like an an attitude you can work with. 

Fucking covid. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    That's not really an option rn. My buddy recommended this guy in Raleigh and it looks like he does really good work. Might go talk to him tomorrow since I don't have work tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Met with the artist today. Gave him an idea of what I want. Told me it was prolly gonna be around $1400-1600. He's booked until January so I made an appointment for January 7th. Fuck that's a long time. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    You getting a full sleeve, it sounds like?
  • Options
  • Options
    I showed him a couple pictures and I told him this one was my favorite

Dude said something like that is gonna take all day cuz it's really detailed. This is the one I showed my buddy and he said this artist is the right guy to go to for something like this.
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Thats fucking sick
  • Options
    GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    How will that look on your puny little arms? 
    Maybe you should join a gym for the next few months and work on your delts and biceps and triceps?? 🤪