Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coronavirus/Covid-19

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    It’s in the best interest of the pharmaceutical companies making the vaccines to have a side effect that requires lifelong maintenance so they can maximize profit.

Like “The vaccine works, but oops it gives you kidney problems. Good thing we have a pill for that, too!”
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited April 2021
    So I will say, I have been a bit wary about how the pharma companies are going to go about this moving forward. I disagree that there is going to be some kind of "built in" negative side effect that will keep people hooked on other drugs they produce, but, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to publicly downplay their own vaccines.  And I think we're starting to see that with the CEO of Pfizer coming out today saying that we will likely need boosters every 6-12 months. 

I'm no expert on this stuff, but I am addicted to Twitter now and follow a ton of different virologists, epidemiologists, doctors. There seems to be some general disagreement as to whether they collectively think that boosters will be required at all. I personally think there will eventually but I'm not going to get one if the only people supporting it are the corporate spokespeople. What is universally accepted however is that the vaccines work extremely well, and are safe. Some also believe that, based on the history of other coronaviruses, it may be possible that COVID only has a limited number of mutations that it can take, and may have already played its best hand. This isn't known though, and is mostly just experts speculating what they think might happen. 

Anyways, in the end though, only time will tell for all of this. It's been around for a year and a half but still very new. I do think we see the US hitting a steep decline in cases in the next month or two once we get to a fully vaxxed level of 55-60%, if Israel is any indication. This summer should be mostly normal. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Yeah ill get my antibodies tested before i get anything like that. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Michigan getting body slammed rn

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    That’s what they want us to think. They are trying to control us man. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    So Michigan makes me think of another worry I have.

I'm betting the media markets freak the fuck out over any clustered spikes in cases going forward for the next year or so. 

I just wished the government would start updating their messaging soon. Right now it's still "you gotta mask and stay inside even if you're vaccinated cause you can still carry....or mutants....or.....just stay inside forever k?" It's annoying as fuck, and just not realistic or even supported by the science. 
    Its “hitting hard” 

but it seems to be areas that weren’t hit hard before. My GF’s hospital has patients, but not like it was in November. 
    i got my second shot on monday. 

so far i feel basically fine. Im a little fatigued, but i cant tell if thats just because my body wont let me fall asleep before 8 pm. I did get sweaty for a brief period and have felt kind of "off" is how i would put it. But no real symptoms or anything. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    How many Microsoft products have you purchased since the shot
    None but my phone reception and download speeds received an incredible boost 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    got the second chip in my arm

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Got my second shot

CONCERTS AND CONS LETS GOOOOO
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I'm getting my 2nd next week and have already been looking up concerts to go to around here. Since I'm in yee-haw land we already have shows going on so I'm giddy as hell to be looking up these venues that I haven't been to in an entire year. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah 2nd shot on Saturday. Bought tickets for both Deicide and The Midnight in the fall 
    I got that Moderna. 

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Going in for Pfizer shot 2 tomorrow.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,665 spicy boy
    You guys can go outside with your mask off now 
    Man if i was single id be getting so many STD’s right now