Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coronavirus/Covid-19

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh right, I forget that once you catch it you can't spread it to people that are actually vulnerable. I must've forgotten that part. 

This is the kind of shit that grinds my gears. "Go out! You're not at risk!". Yeah ok but what about the fucking waiter that has to be in my presence at a restaurant? What about the other people I'm going to be around? 

I'll go out when I get a vax. Only viewing it from your own mortality odds is just dumb IMO. 
    You wanna know what grinds my gears? People thinking these lockdowns don't have negative consequences. You wanna talk about waiters? I had two friends who were both waiters at the same restaurant and they rented a nice little house in a good area.  Well that restaurant closed down and they both lost their jobs. One of them had to move back into their parents house cuz they couldn't afford to pay the rent anymore and the other one is now working at Arby's and living in a section 8 apartment. Another guy I used to work with has a wife and two kids and he's living out of a motel rn. 

I didn't necessarily lose my job when all this started but I was out of work for a month and a half until my boss finally called. The company I was working for was trying to help everyone out, so they brought back everyone even tho there wasn't a whole lot of work to go around. I was working maybe 2-3 half days a week making a fraction of what I did before COVID. I eventually ended up leaving to start my own business because they weren't giving me enough work. 

I even left my last house because I didn't think my old roommates were taking it seriously enough. They were still having people over every other night so I moved back into my parents house for a bit. When I finally got that call from my boss, I started looking for a new place and luckily I found a guy who was renting out his guest house. Now Im paying an extra $300 to live here. Its cool living alone I guess but my dog hates it. It's hard enough finding a place without breed restrictions but now my yard is about 1/5 of the size as my last house and it's less than 1000 sq ft so there's not a lot of room for him to move around inside either. 

Look, I told y'all I'm willing to play by the rules. I followed all the rules for the first 6 months. But knowing everything that we know now, I thinks it's time we take another looks at these rules. 

I've said it plenty of times before and I'll say it again: I'm willing to take my chances with COVID. In the 1 in 500,000 that it kills me, I will gladly die with the senior citizens so the rest of you can live a normal life. To the asymptomatic carrier that passed it on to me, you are forgiven.

If you think I'm being selfish, you can suck my dick all the way from the back and you can lick my asshole too while you're down there. These lockdowns have hit me x1000 times harder than COVID ever would. 
    I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just please see where I'm coming from. I'm a little bit country and y'all are a little bit rock n roll. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    edited March 2021
    The problem is that the government didnt take care of us during the lockdowns. Yes, people suffered from the lockdowns. People lost their jobs. But considering the alternative - thousands more people getting sick and dying, overrunning hospitals, etc, it would have been awful. 

My parents are at risk. My grandparents are old. I'd rather a lockdown happen than see my loved ones get sick or die. 

If you want to be mad, don't be mad that the lockdowns happened, they were a necessity to keep sickness down. Be mad that the government didn't do their part to ensure people were taken care of financially. Our government let people lose their jobs, and left people unable to pay rent all while spending billions sending bombs overseas. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    The problem is that the government didnt take care of us during the lockdowns. Yes, people suffered from the lockdowns. People lost their jobs. But considering the alternative - thousands more people getting sick and dying, overrunning hospitals, etc, it would have been awful. 

My parents are at risk. My grandparents are old. I'd rather a lockdown happen than see my loved ones get sick or die. 

If you want to be mad, don't be mad that the lockdowns happened, they were a necessity to keep sickness down. Be mad that the government didn't do their part to ensure people were taken care of financially. Our government let people lose their jobs, and left people unable to pay rent all while spending billions sending bombs overseas. 

I'm not mad that they happened. I was on board with the lockdowns at first cuz none of us knew what we were dealing with. But to stay locked down for that long is not sustainable for anyone. Given what we know about the virus now, we could have done a lot of things differently but hindsight is 20/20. 500k deaths is a huge deal, but let's be real. Most of those people were on their way out. My uncle died of COVID but he was not a healthy man. He was 73 and he had terrible heart problems. He was in the hospital for almost a week before he died. We didn't get to see him. There was no funeral. Very sad. People like him should have been under a hardcore quarantine from the start.

We could have taken some of those trillions of dollars and rented out hotels or created facilities to house high risk individuals who couldn't afford to quarantine themselves. Instead our gov told everyone to lockdown for the foreseeable future. even people like me who have a 99.9998% chance of survival. Trust me, I wish COVID wasn't so politicized. There's no right answer when it comes to dealing with a disease that no one knows anything about. I really don't wanna argue about this cuz that's what they want us to do. Not everything is as black and white as both Democrats and Republicans want us to believe. I hope we can all at least agree that the leadership in this country has failed us miserably. Maybe then you'll understand why I don't wanna give them the power to enforce mask mandates, curfews, lockdowns, mandatory vaccines or any of this other crazy shit that comes with a pandemic. 

Im on both sides. I do feel like ultimately the lockdowns got out of hand. 

Theres not really any evidence that shows this spreads outside at all.  We should never began discouraging outings outside once we had the data on this thing.

but at first we didn’t know. At this point that shit needs to end though. If you want to stay home because you are at risk, stay home. 

If you want to go out, be responsible and get vaxed. 

But the gov has got to stop telling me what to do when we know the statistics. 
    That's all I'm asking. The fear mongering is getting out of hand. 
    If we were going to do a lockdown, we should have went full blast for 2 weeks, or a month. Something where no one goes anywhere at all. Have the military set up some kind of aid for food, and really isolate. 

We probably would have been good months ago if we did that. 

Instead we banned people from shopping anywhere but giant corporations and forced people into environments that are more like to spread the disease all at the same time making peoples immune systems weaker because they arent going anywhere. 

I dont think the lockdowns were put in place with the idea of being harmful, but i definitely think they were really miss managed. 
    Last summer I remember seeing business owners get arrested for opening their stores. That got my fucking blood boiling. I even donated $5 to the bar owner in Staten Island who got arrested. I saw shit like that and realized this is going way too far. Thank God all I need to run my business is a truck and my equipment.

My heart goes out to the people who own small businesses who were forced to close down. And all their employees. We can't just throw our hands up and say "oh well, sucks to be you" to those people. Some of these stores and restaurants aren't coming back. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    We can't just throw our hands up and say "oh well, sucks to be you" to those people. 
    You mean like you're doing with the half a million Americans that died? 
    500k out of 330 million + God knows how many undocumented immigrants. Those numbers are exaggerated too. If you had any comorbidities along with COVID, it was counted as a COVID death.

If you look at the number of deaths in this country over the last couple years, you wouldn't even know there was a pandemic in 2020.

Idk how right that is because ive been researching this and in December we had 200k
    more deaths than 2018 & 2019. That was before the final numbers were added too so its probably more like 300k more than normal. 

The source for that is the centers for disease control. 
    edited March 2021
    Again though, it could be argued that we may have  had more deaths because of the lockdowns 

the worst thing we can do for the spread is put people inside where they are stacked on top of each other. 

Were really going to need more data to know what really went on. 
    We can't just throw our hands up and say "oh well, sucks to be you" to those people. 
    You mean like you're doing with the half a million Americans that died? 
    Don't be this disingenuous. I lost a lot in the last year. A family member, my job, my house. I offered a solution, I said quarantine the sick and the weak. And If you're still scared of a virus that you have a 99.99% chance of surviving, you can stay inside too. Some people out here are really hurting mentally and financially. What are we supposed to do about those people? Keep printing more money to give them to stay inside for months? 

Like I said, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. But please

"Try to see it once my waaaaaaaay"

Yeah i have been very lucky not to have really been effected (yet). 

I have a few people close to me that could have issues with im sure. Most people i know who got it were in their 30’s/40’s. 

My coworkers gma died, but she was like 93 years old. 

My GF’s grandma is 70 with copd and she didn’t go anywhere pretty much until she got vaxed  
    Im not saying 100% back to normal either. We probably shouldn’t be gathering like that or having big weeding parties, but we cant keep people from opening their business and making money while we shovel it to all the big corporations. 

Idk how you could disagree with that. 
    How do y'all feel about this:

Yes I know Ted Cruz is a cocksucker but how do you feel about thousands of people being released into the country after staying in a facility like that? (avg of about 5-6k per day atm)
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    "political operaTIVE from DC"

So... An intern working there?

That situation is fucked but this type of shit is rediculous
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

If you want to go out, be responsible and get vaxed.

nah