Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coronavirus/Covid-19

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    But on the issue of the vaccine. That is definitely the possibility that we dont need a vaccine that bad when it becomes available.

but what if it goes in the opposite direction and 6-12 months from now it starts killing
    kids, or people in their youth?

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I ain’t arguing that we should stop developing one... Gary might. I’m just saying by the time it’s ready I suspect it won’t be necessary. I carefully consider shit I’m putting in my body personally. If the vaccine was ready today and “proven safe” I might consider getting it right now. If the infection rate looks like measles though when it’s available, I’ll probably pass. I think when it is ready there will be a huge society push to get it even if it’s not serving a purpose... that’s why I said I’d lie to my friends and family about getting it. I wouldn’t want to deal with them being assholes about having a differing opinion of statistics 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Our stay at home order got extended 2 more weeks. 
  • New_GaryNew_Gary Posts: 314 salt miner
    you're gonna be 400 lbs by the time this shit is over
    Now the govt. Wants to throw 2 grand+ a month at families.  Cant keep writing checks. Especially to undocumented citizens floabt.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Knotfest Roadshow still hasn’t officially been cancelled which is weird. 

First show is supposed to be in like 3 weeks. I have a hotel in MA for the show that I’ve tried to cancel but I guess I booked a non-refundable room and they said they are going to change me even if I cancel the reservation. I’d be happy with a voucher.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,666 spicy boy
    Reborn said:
    Now the govt. Wants to throw 2 grand+ a month at families.  Cant keep writing checks. Especially to undocumented citizens floabt.
    Fuck the government but I’ll take some of my money back. 
    I have june 2 mag and it's still scheduled.  Just give me another date so I can plan because we know it's not happening. 
    FLAT said:
    Reborn said:
    Dude...you can't.  It will devalue the $ more than what it already is and cause tremendous inflation. Just gotta get the majority back to work.
    It’s my fucking money 
    You pay 2g a month in tax? It's the Democrats trying to but votes at our futures expense 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Just print more money like they did in Russia in the early 1900s 
    I’ve paid more than 2gs in taxes for sure to get one month back. Plus I’m trying to buy a house so yeah run it 
    My managers wife works at a nursing home and her boss that she works next today everyday got covid. Well I guess she was sick af and my manager finally told her to go to the doctor so yeah. 
    FLAT said:
    My managers wife works at a nursing home and her boss that she works next today everyday got covid. Well I guess she was sick af and my manager finally told her to go to the doctor so yeah. 
    You should prob.be checked also.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Reborn said:
    FLAT said:
    Reborn said:
    Dude...you can't.  It will devalue the $ more than what it already is and cause tremendous inflation. Just gotta get the majority back to work.
    Quantitative easing (the fed reserve printing more money) is what causes inflation, not repurposing existing tax revenue.
    She tested negative 
    Xeno said:
    Reborn said:
    FLAT said:
    Reborn said:
    Quantitative easing (the fed reserve printing more money) is what causes inflation, not repurposing existing tax revenue.
    Ok...you think we just pull trillions and trillions out our asses? System is so fucked. They sent me 2900 which I dont need but ofcourse I'll take it instead of studying things more and putting that money to where it is truly needed. At the rate of 2000 a month per adult and 1000 per child they will have no Choice but to print money...
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    What tf are you talking about 2k/month per adult and 1k per child? Even with the emergency COVID supplement (which ends in July) you don't get extra money for dependents. They did for the stimulus check itself but that was a one-time thing. Also the 2.2 trillion for that stimulus bill is an absolute drop in the bucket when leveraged against the US GDP, especially in the face of a national emergency. I'm not trying to say that it's sustainable by any means to have people not working in the long term, but it was done for short term survival. 
    Broke your heart when Bernie dropped out didnt it? Of course it's not sustainable. It would lead to tremendous inflation.