Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coronavirus/Covid-19

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited July 2021
    Now it's your turn. What published studies or medical journals have you read from accredited individuals that support your claim that healthy people cannot die from covid? I would love to read it. My mind is open and I am not stuck in my opinion. If the truth is out there I want to know it. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    How bout the fact that all the people I know my age that are perfectly healthy that got it said the shit was mild as fuck and they’ve had regular flus and stomach flus 10x worse. That’s not a few either. I know 10+ people that got it and every single one said it was the same. That’s 100% of a real life sample group that are all healthy and in their 20s that caught Covid and said it wasn’t shit. You can believe all the government mandated bullshit and I’ll keep believing real life experience.
    How bout the fact that all the people I know my age that are perfectly healthy that got it said the shit was mild as fuck and they’ve had regular flus and stomach flus 10x worse. That’s not a few either. I know 10+ people that got it and every single one said it was the same. That’s 100% of a real life sample group that are all healthy and in their 20s that caught Covid and said it wasn’t shit. You can believe all the government mandated bullshit and I’ll keep believing real life experience.
    How dense do you have to be to not understand how a scientific study works? They teach this shit to you in middle school.

So what you're saying is that the 10 people you know that didn't get sick from it trumps the scientific study that I linked to that sampled OVER 3000 APPLICANTS in their 20s that had covid, and another study that sampled OVER 6000. So 9,000 to your 10. And studies done by literal doctors and scientists who have been studying medicine, specifically infectious diseases like covid, since you were shitting in diapers. Doctors who do not work for the government in any capacity and have done hundreds of papers similar to the one I linked because it is their job to research and advance science and medicine. But your experience of 10 people you know is more reliable than that. For some reason. 
    edited July 2021
    Do you know how small a sample size of 10 is? There have been 194 million cases of covid in the world. That means the people you know that got covid but were healthy were something crazy like 0.000000001 percent of all cases. How is that proof of anything?

There have been dozens of independent studies done using data from thousands and thousands of covid cases that disprove your theory. But your 10 friends outweigh that because why?

Imagine using that logic for anything else. Trans people don't exist because I've met hundreds of people in my podunk town and none of them are trans. Democrats don't exist because i havent met one of those either around here. Everyone I talk to in this town says Trump got the election stolen from him so that must be true. Anecdotal evidence is not a basis for facts and its insane to me that you think that. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Lots of young  healthy people have gotten it and ended up in the hospital.
    But you don't understand Rex. Erik doesn't know any of them so that can't be true. 
    But did they die tho. Only kills people wit pre-existing health conditions cause it compounds it. Jus like drugs will cause completely different reactions in people wit pre-existing mental conditions.
    But did they die tho. Only kills people wit pre-existing health conditions cause it compounds it. Jus like drugs will cause completely different reactions in people wit pre-existing mental conditions.
    Based. On. What. Evidence. From. Qualified. Professionals.

Where are you getting this shit from? I'm legitimately asking man. You call me a sheep and a retard but won't source any of your information. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I believe the medical community is dominated by Big Pharma and basically does as they’re told. Afaic, there’s not much that some mercenary scientist can say that will change how I feel about my personal experiences and intuition. I know the virus exists, but I severely doubt the severity of it. The “official numbers” meant to scare me could be written by anyone and they just get some hack scientist to sign off on it. 

The Bible has existed for centuries. Many people swear by it. I don’t believe any of it. Never seen a miracle. I just think it’s a tool to keep people subservient. Same rules apply
    SATAN said:
    I believe the medical community is dominated by Big Pharma and basically does as they’re told. Afaic, there’s not much that some mercenary scientist can say that will change how I feel about my personal experiences and intuition. I know the virus exists, but I severely doubt the severity of it. The “official numbers” meant to scare me could be written by anyone and they just get some hack scientist to sign off on it. 

The Bible has existed for centuries. Many people swear by it. I don’t believe any of it. Never seen a miracle. I just think it’s a tool to keep people subservient. Same rules apply
    This 100%.
    SATAN said:
    Afaic, there’s not much that some mercenary scientist can say that will change how I feel about my personal experiences and intuition. 
    See Also: Hubris 
    That line of thinking is dangerous. What differentiates that from a redneck believing that systematic racism doesn't exist because the one black guy who lives in their town says he's never been harassed by the cops? Or when Candace Owens goes on TV and acts like an uncle Tom and says black lives matter is bullshit?

I'm sorry, but I'm not trusting the opinion of three middle class dudes (myself included) who have no experience in science or medicine whatsoever when discussing the legitimacy of a virus plaguing the world. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    edited July 2021
    I just wanna chime in that we all have “pre-existing health conditions” and then yall can keep going. 
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I think any kind of debate or discussion ends when people claim to know about a virus than every doctor and scientist on planet earth lol. 
    I think any kind of debate or discussion ends when people claim to know about a virus than every doctor and scientist on planet earth lol. 
    Since you have such a professional knowledge of the matter, do you think you would contract Covid by sucking my dick from the back. 🤔

See that’s bullshit. There’s plenty of dissenting voices. Corporate media outlets just suppress those voices and call it fake. It gets repeated over and over that censorship is a problem, but you geniuses just believe whatever CNN says. 

Do you know anything about history? William Randolph Hearst bragged that he started the Spanish-American war by having his papers lie about an explosion. It’s all in the open now:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_of_the_Spanish–American_War

If you really believe that we can’t be lied to in order to appease the whims of the rich, you’re a fucking idiot. They have y’all under their finger right now because they’ve successfully made the virus political. It’s assumed now that if you’re antivaxx that you’re some stupid Trumper. It shuts down any debate. Liberals show up with “facts” they copypasta’d from some Big Pharma sponsored website and any argument against that is just tin foil hat shit. Literally every argument and number you guys have tossed out in this thread is something I’ve seen regurgitated on other corporate media “takedowns” of vaccine paranoia. You even used the money word “anecdotal” lol

Qanon types believe weird shit like the virus being a cover for 5G causing radiation sickness and that being why it affects people so differently. Ben Fulford says everyone that takes the vaccines will die in 3-5 years. I’m not anywhere close to that sort of shit. I’ve never said Covid was a hoax. I just think the govt is facilitating Big Pharma and I don’t trust what’s been rushed into those vaccines. That’s all. I think if people took their political grudges out of it and looked at it more three dimensionally, a lot of the debate about vaccine paranoia would go away. It’s logical to question these things. There’s a precedent set for our govt both poisoning us purposefully and allowing us to be subjected to drugs that haven’t been properly tested

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

edited July 2021
    Where’d you get yours?
    I don't have one. But here is an article from Lisa Lockerd Maragakis who is a professor at John Hopkins University, has a Medical degree and an MPH (Master of Public Health) and specializes in the study of infectious desease for over 20 years. This article cites various published medical papers, including one done by Brian Claggett who is the instructor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and has his PHD. Their thorough studies over the last year and a half say you're full of shit. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-covid-19-younger-adults-are-at-risk-too
    Oddly, it’s been sort of a thing for these “professors” to not have any students

SATAN said:

You're so naive. I'm not trusting what some mercenary historian has to say over my own intuition and experience. That third link you posted is from a government website. I'm not trusting a fucking thing from the fucking government, how stupid do you think I am?????? 
    The conspiracy goes deeper.....