Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

From Those Fishes.

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Play one of Erik’s songs. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Yeah I actually prefer serious covers. Meme covers kind of annoy me at this point. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I cant think of a single cover I genuinely enjoy and choose to listen to atm. Idk why established bands do them at all. 

Idk. If we were to do "serious covers" it'd have to be something in a completely different style so we could make it our own. In the metal realm, probably nothing newer than Metallica. Could do like Dokken or something
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Nobody listens to Dokken. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Cool people do
    You don’t know any cool people. That’s why you gotta talk to us. Are you even taking this seriously?

Whats a song that people know and like, that an audience can participate in one way or another, that you think you could own? Bonus for a shorter song, your set times aren’t that long, ain’t no time for a 7 minute Metallica song. No meme shit, add that later. 

You don’t know any cool people. That’s why you gotta talk to us. Are you even taking this seriously?

Whats a song that people know and like, that an audience can participate in one way or another, that you think you could own? Bonus for a shorter song, your set times aren’t that long, ain’t no time for a 7 minute Metallica song. No meme shit, add that later. 

Quite honestly nothing comes to mind. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dude just do buttrock. Throw in I Stand Alone by Godsmack or Tear Away by Drowning Pool. It’ll get a response. Get up to that mic and be like “This song changed my life” then be all CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHERRRRRRRRR
    If he’s gonna do that he can stick with Disturbed. 

Quite honestly nothing comes to mind. 
    You never learned to play other songs when you picked up the guitar? There’s no 70’s or 80’s hits you enjoy drunkenly singing when they come on? Have you never seen a whole venue sing along to some song being played between bands? 

If you’re honestly this stumped then let the other band members choose and you just go with it. 
    I mean, we could do like Sabbath or Maiden or something. My go-to drunk kareoke stuff is like Breaking Benjamin. I like buttrock. 

I can practice like Dethklok or In Flames often, but again, they're so similar to our style we cant really make that our own. 
    Choose buttrock then. Dethklok and In Flames don’t really have a lot of wide commercial appeal. Most people aren’t gonna know it. Buttrock is a great option. Or pick a big 80’s banger everyone knows. Make it fun. 
    edited September 2023
    I fucking hate Journey and Bon Jovi but I ain’t gonna lie to you here. I’ve seen local bands playing og shit where I was bored to fucking tears and suddenly Livin On A Prayer or Don’t Stop Believing comes out and I’m jamming. Not necessarily because I like those songs but it’s something I know in a sea of mush that I’ve never heard
    ITS BEEN A WHILE
    Exactly. I sing buttrock somewhat well I’ll help you out. You guys are legit fantastic musicians and I want to see you succeed but the odds are stacked against you. Even them up instead of shunning them and fading into obscurity 
    You have resources man. I’m seen many a friends band fail because they wouldn’t use their resources. I get you hate tiktok I understand it I do too. But that shits gonna help 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Stay away from anything System of a Down even good bands can’t do it well. Nekrogoblikon has their cover and I love that band but still hate the cover. 

I don’t want to hear metal bands cover other metal bands. I personally also hated trivium covering Metallica and kse covering dio. 

But betraying the martyrs doing let it go is the shit 

I prevail like them or not got huge off covering Taylor swift 

a couple goofy ass kids turned a Crank That cover into an entire career 

our last night is nothing but covers and it’s all pop, TikTok, Disney shit and they are doing fantastic right now 

don’t do rock and metal take a catchy song that’s current that every fucking person knows and make it a metal song. 

I’ve got it it’s a hot button song and everyone now knows it. Try that in a small town. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    I drink a lot - ween