Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited December 2019
    Something like Crossbones's from Civil War woulda been perfectly fine. I mean it's not "perfect" for the skull look as how Taskmaster's looks. But at least its more skull looking. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    https://youtu.be/lQP4bk1uGXM 

WandaVision looks to be coming this year instead of next. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Just watched this video, and I 100% agree. DC film makers for the most part do not understand their characters, and they are ruining the public perception of those characters. Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman are the only current exceptions. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PraUjsClgDM
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So the rumor is that Marvel's Netflix deal didn't tie up the rights for those characters as much as people initially thought and that Fiege might have free reign with Punisher and Daredevil. Punisher being rumored to appear in a stinger at the end of the Moon Knight Disney Plus show. 

Fiege pls. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    My cock is ready.
    Scott Derickson leaves Doctor Strange 2 due to creative differences. Not a good sign
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    F
    Harley Quinn looks like ass, Morbius looks like ass
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So I finally watched Joker. 

MC I don’t want you to start ranting again but seriously how could you dislike that movie. I know your issues were with it not exactly being a proper origin/villain story based on the comics but holy hell was it so well done that weather you’re into the comics or not you can enjoy it and realize the connections. 

I know I joked a lot with you since it came out but my honest opinion is it’s one of my favorites after one watch. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    He hasn’t actually seen it lol. He’s still pissed about reports and rumors before it went into production and that it isn’t a page for page replica of a comic book. 
    Its not The Joker. And has literally NOTHING to do with The Joker. Thats my issue with it. 

I dont care how good it is or not. But I just dont think it should be labeled and sold as a Joker movie when its not. And it ultimately hurts the DC brand by giving the general masses a false understanding of the characters. And thats that. 
    It actually helped the DC brand by making them a fuck ton of money. 

And it was definitely a Joker movie, why do you keep saying that it’s not? It’s right in the fucking title. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    it’s more of a Joker movie than even I realized it would be before watching. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

And it was definitely a Joker movie, why do you keep saying that it’s not? It’s right in the fucking title. 
    You could call the movie The Return Of Christ and it wouldnt have made a difference. 

And when I say it hurts the DC brand, I mean it sets a stimga for the characters. Something that has really hurt DC for a long time is stigma from bad adaptations. People have the wrong ideas about Aquaman because of Justice Friends. People wrongfully think Superman is unrelatable because bad adaptations depict him as some emotionless God unable to relate to normal people. People have the wrong ideas of Batman and ignore his moments of levity. Like-wise, people have the wrong ideas of Joker now after this. 

Its cool that you all liked this movie. But it has literally nothing to do with the character. And if you think it does, then you dont actually know who The Joker is. 
    I know you wont watch them, but these videos better express my point. 

https://youtu.be/PraUjsClgDM

https://youtu.be/BIr52d-SPm4

https://youtu.be/0tsdOo_wO44

I like how the person who has t seen it keeps telling everyone who has what it is and isn’t. 

DC can do what the fuck it wants. They do t owe you what you want or like. Just cuz you don’t like it or agree with it doesn’t mean shit. You don’t own it. Your interpretation of the character or your favorite version isn’t fucking the law on what’s real and what’s not. If they say he’s Joker then he is Joker. They put the fucking logo on it.  Period. They can adapt and change all of it as they see fit. 

It would be like if I said I don’t like one of your songs so it’s not a real FTA song. How’s that work for you?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer

You could call the movie The Return Of Christ and it wouldnt have made a difference. 

And when I say it hurts the DC brand, I mean it sets a stimga for the characters. Something that has really hurt DC for a long time is stigma from bad adaptations. People have the wrong ideas about Aquaman because of Justice Friends. People wrongfully think Superman is unrelatable because bad adaptations depict him as some emotionless God unable to relate to normal people. People have the wrong ideas of Batman and ignore his moments of levity. Like-wise, people have the wrong ideas of Joker now after this. 

Its cool that you all liked this movie. But it has literally nothing to do with the character. And if you think it does, then you dont actually know who The Joker is. 
     Pretty sure if it was called The Return Of Christ there would have been a difference lol
    If you don't think this movie has anything to do with the Joker then you have a very shallow surface level understanding of who the Joker is.

I'll take academy award level comic book movies all day.