Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Really? Could have fooled me because it seems they're just not meeting your standards. Hence your constant complaints about it
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Really? Could have fooled me because it seems they're just not meeting your standards. Hence your constant complaints about it
    Maybe read what I actually write instead of assuming shit. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    See, now you're just pissed off. I've read plenty 🤗
    imageimage
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Not my favorite iteration of Spider-Man but I can easily say, Holland is the best live action actor for this part. Like he was born for it. He continues to impress me even if the movie he's in isn't the best. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Birds of prey spoilers******

-Black Mask is gay
    -super flamboyant 
    -The movie is about him chasing someone to get back pictures of his dick that he hid in a diamond that someone swallowed. 
    -Movie is told by Harley Quinn and she breaks the 4th wall deadpool style a lot in the movie.
    -supposed to be Tarantino level blood and gore.

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Birds of prey spoilers******

-Black Mask is gay
    -super flamboyant 
    -The movie is about him chasing someone to get back pictures of his dick that he hid in a diamond that someone swallowed. 
    -Movie is told by Harley Quinn and she breaks the 4th wall deadpool style a lot in the movie.
    -supposed to be Tarantino level blood and gore.

Sauce? 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    MC with his fanboy elitism again. Check the language: Normie's, average movie goers etc. You act like no one else knows shit about Spider-Man or who he is supposed to be. You're not any more hardcore or any more of a real fan than anyone else. If anyone had the be all end all option on the subject it would have been Stan Lee. Guess what he had to say...

https://youtu.be/AvtXC50Irw4 

Is Stan Lee also incorrect about Best Spider Man?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I dont have a problem with Tom. I have a problem with the interpretation. That's not Tom's fault. But you can't deny they've turned  him into another Iron Man. If you like that, cool, enjoy. But I don't, sorry  
    You're still just pissed we came into the story after Ben and the spider bite. It was a line of dialogue rather than them wasting what we had already just seen in the other fucking movies. They didn't want to serve up a same shit sandwich and you're bitching because you wanted a same shit sandwich. 

Marvel was dying before the MCU. Good chance the movies saved the comics from going under like every other publication has. Now more generations will be able enjoy the comics as well. Thanks MCU - Comic fans everywhere except for MC.
    edited July 2019
    🙄🙄

I dont care they didnt show Ben die nor that they started mid career. I care that Ben didnt have an impact on Peter, and was replaced by Tony. The scene where he lifts the debris in Homecoming would have been infinitely better if he heard Ben's voice encouraging him instead of Tony's. Mysterio's illusion would have been better had that grave been Ben's instead of Tony's. 

Both would benefit if he'd stop using Tony's or SHIELD's tech and suits, and use his own. The one in Far From Home doesnt count, its Tony's tech. Not a creation of Peter's own enginuity. Or at the very least connect it to Spidey lore ala Oscorp. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The scene where he lifts the debris in Homecoming would have been infinitely better if he heard Ben's voice encouraging him instead of Tony's. Mysterio's illusion would have been better had that grave been Ben's instead of Tony's. 
    Would it have though? Seriously. Change those two scenes to Ben Parker and its suddenly a great moment instead of a shitty one in your eyes? How does that make any sense?

A scene like that with Ben Parker would have zero emotional impact from a storytelling perspective because MCU audiences have zero connection to Ben. It would hold absolutely no weight. But having Peter see Tony's grave, a character we've seen develop over a decade and watched die in a heart breaking scene two months ago is much more effective. So how exactly would Ben being shown in these two scenes made it so much better? 
    Because Ben is a part of Spider-Man lore. Tony isnt. Stripping Ben out of the story removes and integral and important part of Spider-Man's identity. 

MCU audiences have zero connection to Ben. 
    And now you see my problem with the MCU interpretation of Spidey. 
    Again, these characters do not exist in a vacuum. 
    And to do that, they would have to add another role and 20 minutes of run time or people wouldn't have known who it was. Everybody was already attached to Tony. The MCU is the house that Tony built (on screen and behind the screens) In universe, as presented, it makes sense. Logistically it makes sense.  From a story editing standpoint, it makes sense, even if YOU don't like it. Spider-Verse didn't exist in Tony's house. The ps4 game doesn't exist in Tony's house. Neither did Sam's trilogy. For better or worse, each of those versions had character changes too and you are cool with them, but these changes or lack of a 20 minute scene or two ruin it for you to the point you can't even begin to let it go and enjoy the ride. We are 20+ movies deep and they still find ways to keep these movies fresh. This has never been done before in cinema, and likely never will be done again and you're just gonna bitch complain and whine about it the whole way through. What a waste. 

Also, Happy is clapping cheeks and staining sheets with Aunt May cuz she didn't even give that much of a fuck about Ben. Flash Mob Out!
    If the connection to Ben was stronger, and they did a better job showing Peter was able to create his indentity without the help from Tony, SHIELD, or their tech, I'd like it much more - even though all the side characters are beyond wack. 
    And to do that, they would have to add another role and 20 minutes of run time or people wouldn't have known who it was. Everybody was already attached to Tony. The MCU is the house that Tony built (on screen and behind the screens) In universe, as presented, it makes sense. Logistically it makes sense.  From a story editing standpoint, it makes sense, even if YOU don't like it. Spider-Verse didn't exist in Tony's house. The ps4 game doesn't exist in Tony's house. Neither did Sam's trilogy. For better or worse, each of those versions had character changes too and you are cool with them, but these changes or lack of a 20 minute scene or two ruin it for you to the point you can't even begin to let it go and enjoy the ride. We are 20+ movies deep and they still find ways to keep these movies fresh. This has never been done before in cinema, and likely never will be done again and you're just gonna bitch complain and whine about it the whole way through. What a waste. 

Also, Happy is clapping cheeks and staining sheets with Aunt May cuz she didn't even give that much of a fuck about Ben. Flash Mob Out!
    If you say so. No other MCU interpetation has this much dependance on Tony though, sooooo
    edited July 2019
    That doesn't mean it's terrible either.  Your Eyore ass just likes to complain about everything and nothing ever meets your standards. Spiderman is the new McFuck for you.

You're in a band. If you're so pissed about it, write a song about it.
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    edited July 2019
    You could do a whole album on things you claim to like yet you claim the current versions all suck now.

Spider Man 
    Power Rangers 
    Star Wars 
    Video games 
    Women 

I'm sure there is more.
    Idk why you're so caught up on thinking I hate everything. Literally the only MCU movies I havent liked are the two Spider- Man ones. I've liked every other one, even if I have some gripes with Iron Man 3, Guardians 2, and Captain Marvel - I still like em. I loved Spider-Verse. I've really liked what DC has been doing, with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam. 

Sure, I dont like what they've done with Star Wars and am vocal about that. Also thought the new Power Rangers reboot movie was stupid - but the show and comics are still lit. 

Video games, sure im not into most AAA games anymore. But aside from God of War I dont really talk about em, and stick to discussing games I do like. Been on a Devil May Cry binge lately - I even liked the 'hated' reboot, so yea.