Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just finished Far From Home. I'll keep this LIGHT SPOILERS. Honestly, pretty mediocre movie. Outside of a couple scenes. The movie just kind of breezes through shit and while that is a nice change of pace from the first half hour of the film being exposition, it does throw the pacing off a bit at least in my opinion. The elementals were lame as hell. I understand they aren't the main focus, obviously that's Mysterio but still. 

For real though, one of the best things about this movie is the MJ/Peter stuff. I didn't care for her at all in Homecoming but she's super likable here. Mysterio himself is alright as well but I couldn't help feeling that his story was pretty convoluted. That being said, the Spidey/Mysterio fight is one of the best things I've seen in ANY Spider-Man movie, PERIOD. There's also a scene on the jet with Happy and Peter that hits the feels/nostalgia super hard and I loved it. 

The pacing isn't amazing, the character development isn't all there and there's alot of down time that doesn't justify the running time. Probably on par with Raimi's first Spider-Man for me. Not horrible, not amazing just underwhelming. 

Dat post credits scene though =)))))))))) and major WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK! It's literally worth watching the entire movie for. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    *runs away*
    Pass the god damn butter.
    If you loved Homecoming odds are this will float your boat. I liked Homecoming but didn't love it. Of course this is just me though. I lot of people are calling it top 10 MCU tier
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I forgot that came out tonight
    Spider verse >>>
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hated Homecoming on first watch, loved it on the second once the nostalgia effect wore off. Now I feel that Holland is the best, most comic/cartoon accurate Spider-Man. But I’m stupid hype for Far From Home in comparison simply because of Mysterio alone. Growing up, he was always one of my favorite villains. Like top 5. Always wanted to see him in the movies so I can’t wait to finally see it come to fruition. Whereas Vulture was always whatever to me. (Even tho his new design for Homecoming was hard as bricks.)
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Episode said:
    Now I feel that Holland is the best, most comic/cartoon accurate Spider-Man. 
    he/MCU's literally the least accurate interpretation ever, but ok. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Just got out of the theater. Movie was great. Peter/MJ chemistry was GOAT, Mysterio was great and the fight scenes were perfect, and the post Endgame exposition was perfect. I liked it way more than Homecoming 
    I liked it a little less than Homecoming to be honest. Far From Home was a bit of a let down imo though I do agree with Erik. Holland is legit the best Spider Man.
    Dime said:
    Holland is legit the best Spider Man.
    Oh fuck off
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Movie was great. Best Spidey best MJ

Dime said:
    Cry about it. That wasn't even a dig towards you, he's literally the best one. He's not a corny fuck like McGuire and he's not a douche like Garfield.
    Also the LEAST comic accurate. And thats fact. Cant argue it.
    Dime said:
    Cry about it. That wasn't even a dig towards you, he's literally the best one. He's not a corny fuck like McGuire and he's not a douche like Garfield.
    Based on what
    Dime said:
    Based on what
    The comics :| 
    Dime said:
    Based on what
    Elaborate, dipshit 
    edited July 2019
    Dime said:
    Based on what
    Elaborate, dipshit 
    Ive been over this all before. 

First the characterization is all off. Michelle is a poor excuse for Mary Jane, who Peter isnt supposed to meet until he's an adult. Flash is a terrible bully, Nate is a poor excuse for Harry, which Nate is supposed to be Miles's friend Ganke anyways. May is waaaay to much the "hip, young, hot" aunt, and isnt stoic or wise enough. Peter in the MCU is wayyyy too reliant on other people, mainly Tony and SHIELD, and is incapable of acting on his own. He's supposed to be self made: making his own suit (that shitty sweatshirt doesnt count), his own webbing, his own gadgets - not relying on other people's shit. He's supposed to be witty, and funny, and geeky - not a bumbling idiot. He's supposed to be graceful in combat, not fumbling around running into shit. 

Peter was in high school for like 40 issues. Spider-Man was NEVER the story about a kid superhero, but a superhero who happened to be a kid. And he grew up. And he faced real issues like girls, and rent, and dead end jobs, and a sick aunt, and thats what made him relatable. Not his age. And the MCU has NONE of that. The MCU is about a kid with powers. The comics are about a guy struggling through life responsibly who happens to have powers. They never even mention Ben. Its always Tony Tony Tony. 

Marvel seems obsessed with keeping Peter a kid. Unable to grow up. Unable to take responsibility, and that is the opposite of what made the character great. 
    Plus the ending I saw makes it impossible to do college Peter right in the MCU now. So they fucked the long term up too. 

They need to take notes from the PS4 game and Spider-Verse. 
    Idk who Nate is, but Ned Leeds is a character from the comics and is not supoosed to be Ganke.