Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Idk who Nate is, but Ned Leeds is a character from the comics and is not supoosed to be Ganke. 
    Ned* my bad. Regardless he's based on this character who is Miles's best friend. 
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ganke_Lee_(Earth-1610)

Its painfully apparent they set out to do Miles instead of Peter in the MCU and last minute changed their mind and are now stuck in a world that doesnt match Peter's original characterization.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Based on what? That the kid they cast as Ned Leeds looks like Ganke? Other than that every other part of Spidey MCU has been solid. Zendaya as MJ was one of the best parts about Far From Home, and nitpicking because they met in high school is silly (Toby Spidey grew up next door to MJ and it was implied they were childhood friends) 

MCU Spidey didnt do the same Uncle Ben song and dance because we've seen it twice already. I dont see the problem 
    If you say so. I think it lacks all the main things that make Spider-Man great. And theyre making changes for no reason other than changing things. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2019
    Yeah MC new May sucks. Way to hip let's bring back dinosaurs to fill the part, that'll always make their dialogue crackle "and you said 'Aunt May, Aunt May, is that an angel?'" Bliss. 
    Original May was perfectly casted. 
    She was legitimately the most generic old person on Earth it's like they made her in a factory 
    Better than the new May 
    I have my gripes with this version of Spidey too but it feels like MC just looking for shit to be triggered by. Apparently, Aunt's can only be 65 or older
    Dime said:
    I have my gripes with this version of Spidey too but it feels like MC just looking for shit to be triggered by. Apparently, Aunt's can only be 65 or older
    Its just not a good interpretation or adaptation. Oh well. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Saw it last night. Movie was fucking fantastic. Might be the best overall Spidey movie putting it up against the McGuire and Garfield films as well. It’s definitely between this or Into The Spider-Verse. Mysterio is most definitely my favorite on screen villain Spidey has ever had. The illusion scenes were top fucking notch.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    And GAHHHHHDAMN THAT POST CREDITS SCENE. Shit got me stupid hype for Spider-Man 3. I really want Venom as the villain since they completely fucked him up back in the original SM3, but since MCU seemingly doesn’t have rights to use him right now, I’d love to see Kingpin. Preferably D’onofrio’s version from Daredevil. But I feel like that’d never happen either.
    I would love to see a live action King Pin in a Spidey movie. He's always been one of my favorites. Honestly, Mysterio was the last big villain of my live action bucket list. Only other one I'd love to see right now is Carnage 
    Far From Home was Dope but Spider Verse was the best superhero movie not named Infinity War of the past 5 or 6 years
    edited July 2019
    Just saw Spider-Man. Was ok. A lot I didnt like. They did some really things well though. 

Going forward has me worried though. That post credits scene pissed me off aside from the surprise casting. 
    I have no idea how they're going to play that post credits scene. That's what has me excited. Outside of the latest Avengers movies, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for upcoming Marvel
    Dime said:
    I have no idea how they're going to play that post credits scene. That's what has me excited. Outside of the latest Avengers movies, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for upcoming Marvel
    I haaaaate it man. The MCU version of Spidey has me so sad. This is the version everyone is going to remember and take as real from now on. Its The Dark Knight all over again. Batman (and DC in general) is still struggling to regain a proper identity following that trilogy. And I see the same thing happening with Spider-Man. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Far from home was the first marvel movie I’ve seen since Iron Man 3 (lost interest after looking at the timeline and realizing I didn’t want to invest that much time when we were starting to have kids). We went because the kids wanted to see it they don’t need all the MCU stories they just like watching spider-man do his thing. I liked it quite a bit. Mainly I liked mysterio and the illusions it made the battles very fun to watch (with spiderman not the elementals). I really enjoyed the first scenes in the credits. Since I hadn’t watched the other movies the last scene after credits didn’t do anything for me. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Hope you keep bringing the the kids to these as they continue to move forward Ape. I've had a blast sharing the last 7-8 years of the MCU with my kids. Same with the Star Wars movies. Each one is a family thing now. 
    Pass the god damn butter.