Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It's got the best Spiderman in it though, how could you not love it?
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Ky 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Saw your post on FB MC. Clint named his third child after Quicksilver you filthy fucking casual.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    It also has Thorbowski and America's ass. Not much in there to dislike 
    imageimage
    Saw your post on FB MC. Clint named his third child after Quicksilver you filthy fucking casual.
    Did they say that in the movie? 
    edited May 2019
    I didnt dislike it, dont get me wrong. Overall it was good. But there's a lot I didnt like or that just didnt make sense (plus that one scene I literally cringed in theater, you know which one). And like Ed said, the first half drags. Overall good, definitely didnt match Infinity War though, that movie was perfect .
    Did they say that in the movie? 

In Ultron the baby's name was on the shirt (shown in a Skype call to Black Widow)

Nathaniel (male version of Natasha) Pietro (Pietro Maximoff = Quicksilver) 

No lie, Cap saying "the line" got me happy as fuck 
    "That is America's ass!"?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I didnt dislike it, dont get me wrong. Overall it was good. But there's a lot I didnt like or that just didnt make sense (plus that one scene I literally cringed in theater, you know which one). And like Ed said, the first half drags. Overall good, definitely didnt match Infinity War though, that movie was perfect .
    Agreed. I didn’t hate it but when compared to Infinity War it’s not even close. Didn’t need to be a three hour movie either. 

NOCAP said:
    Agreed. I didn’t hate it but when compared to Infinity War it’s not even close. Didn’t need to be a three hour movie either. 
    It honestly felt a little rushed in comparisson to Infinity War. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    “That one scene” when referring to a 3 hour movie lmao. Which one?
    edited May 2019
    Episode said:
    "WE ARE WAMYN HEAR US ROAR"
    Literal eye roll

Episode said:
    "WE ARE WAMYN HEAR US ROAR"
    Literal eye roll
    Of course you'd have a problem with that part lmfao
    imageimage
    It was cringe af 
    This is why Thanos did the snap. So the cringe af female character charge at him wouldn't happen so people like you could actually enjoy the movie lmao
    imageimage
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2019
    It was cringe af 
     Oh bullshit. Those are exactly the kind of gratuitous shots fans are looking for. 
    edited May 2019
    Dime said:
    It was cringe af 
     Oh bullshit. Those are exactly the kind of gratuitous shots fans are looking for. 
    All my friends thought that scene was awful and was nothing but hamfisted pandering. Cap with mjolnier was good fanservice. All the girls magically popping up out of nowhere despite being separated in an enormous battle for a "WAHMYN ARE STRONG SEE?" moment, rallying behind Captain Marvel - everyone's least favorite MCU character, was not good fanservice. 

Scarlet Witch wrecking him alone was much cooler, wasnt pandering, and made sense. Shoulda kept that going instead of relying on Deus Ex Danvers. 
    edited May 2019
    Now that its been a couple days, and I've discussed it with my friends. 
    What I liked:
    Amazing action scenes
    Nice conclusion to the MCU saga
    Emotional, unexpected ending (aside from it being spoiled for me before I saw it)
    For the most part they made time travel work (adhering to DBZ rules of time travel, which made sense until the VERY ending)
    I liked the majority of focus was on the original three; Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America, and that they concluded the stories for who started the MCU, and even giving Black Widow some serious attention, who I feel was always kind of treated as a side character, but was really important.
    I really enjoy Ant-Man. 
    Scarlet Witch going fucking off on Thanos was amazing
    Cap with Mjolnier and saying "Avengers Assemble" finally were peak fanservice.
    FINALLY gave Hawkeye his time to really shine. 
    Mr. Fixit esque Hulk was fun, and cool to see. He was even grey tinted, which was cool. Though Im ready for Jekyl/Hyde Hulk to return now going forward.

What I didnt like:
    Some pacing issues, the first act dragged a little bit, and it made the whole movie feel rushed afterwards as a result.
    Captain Marvel, in general (aside from the new haircut, I actually think she looks better with short hair). She's used as a Deus Ex Machina device, instead of a character, and wish they would have waited to introduce her, and give her some personality.
    Not enough Black Panther, surprisingly.
    Spider-Man, in general, just really don't like this interpretation
    The girl power scene. Just cringe. 
    I want adult Groot back already. 

Mixed opinions:
    Killing the original Thanos right away in the beginning. Made him feel less threatening to me.
    Captain America's time travel ending. It complicated what was fairly well explained and understandable time travel rules, and didn't make much sense to me. It was a great conclusion for the character though aside from confusing time travel shit.
    Thor in Guardians of the Galaxy going forward.
    Giving Falcon the shield right away. Im not opposed to Captain Falcon in the MCU, but with the Falcon and Winter Soldier show coming out, I was hoping they were going to do a "battle for the cowl" kind of thing with them. 
    The future of the MCU in general is going to be weird with all the new spin off shows, and unannounced movies. It could be really good, or really bad. 

Overall I liked it, but didn't quite crack my top 5 MCU movies