Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Thats not what I mean. Sure, she's your friend. Sure, you guys talk. But you dont REALLY know her. I'm talking on a deep level. Something just happens when people date. They act certain ways or do things in front of you that they dont do in front of other people. They tell you things from their past or share opinions and thoughts with you that they've never told to anyone else. Sometimes things happen like death or other traumatic events happen while you are together, and you'll see them convey their raw emotions and grief toward you and only you. 

if she got into a year long serious relationship with a dude tomorrow, he'd know her better as a person than you did in your 8 years of friendship. Fact.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Obviously. That doesn't change the fact that I do know a lot about her. Even deep stuff. We talk. I know about past stalkers and relationships. Been with her when her grandmother and dog died. Sure, it may not be as deep as if we were in a romantic relationship, but I wouldn't put down how well we know eachother. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Also doesn't change the fact that I know her better and am closer to her than any other girl, and will ever be to any other girl. 
    Long term girlfriends/boyfriends and long time/childhood best friends. Only people that you truly know. 

I'd throw friends you've lived with on that list but its not for sure 
    Whatever you say. She's one of my best friends, so whatever. 

Again doesn't change what I've said. 
    Obviously. That doesn't change the fact that I do know a lot about her. Even deep stuff. We talk. I know about past stalkers and relationships. Been with her when her grandmother and dog died. Sure, it may not be as deep as if we were in a romantic relationship, but I wouldn't put down how well we know eachother. 
    Dude its not about knowing any specific facts or being there for any specific thing. Girls just act differently in front of friends than someone they are in love with. I'm not saying they are fake or anything, they just let go of any bullshit social standards that we as humans put ourselves through and just be themselves.
    Whatever. You guys wont get it... I truly do not agree with you, but whatever. Ive accepted being single. Ive removed myself from the game entirely with no intention of rejoining. I'll just continue to white knight for my friend and expect nothing in return, because that is what I feel is right.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If she died would you wake the the fuck up and realize we were all right in the first place? Probably not
    imageimage
    edited January 2015
    MC with all the slut shaming you do, aren't you disgusted by the fact that she talked about getting drunk and naked in front of a guy she isn't dating? Strong slut qualities :-?
    Yea, I am a little actually. I appreciate she hasnt done that and is at least worried about that outcome. But that does discomfort me. If that situation was honestly about to happen, Id try and stop her. Especially if it was in front of me.

I am pissed at myself too, for allowing myself to get puke drunk. I need to regain my strict self control. 
    If that situation was honestly about to happen, Id try and stop her. Especially if it was in front of me.
    I thought you were her friend, not her dad.
    If she was about to strip in front of me because she was drunk, and I allowed it to happen, I would be taking advantage of her. That is the alcohol acting, not her own volition. I will not take part in taking advantage of somebody while they are intoxicated. 
    As a friend, I think its ok to take her back and go "hey, really think about what you are doing. Is this what you really want?" Looking out for your friends' best interest is what it means to be a friend. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Fuck dude not everything alcohol does is bad. In fact it does a lot of good things if you can learn to use it with the right perspective. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    As a friend, I think its ok to take her back and go "hey, really think about what you are doing. Is this what you really want?" Looking out for your friends' best interest is what it means to be a friend. 
    Sometimes  you gotta do things without thinking. 
    :-|

Are you fucking serious?