Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What do you guys think is the Definitive metal classic?

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

Last time I saw Megadeth, they played 'Holy Wars' twice

Naw, man, naw...

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I really hate She-Wolf and FFF. I have seen them three fucking times and those two songs have been played everytime. 

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

Last time I saw them was Mayhem 2011. I think that was right before Dave went full bitchmode.

Yeah they did that last Gigantour. They opened with it then closed with like a reprise of it

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

aka rob zombie
    edited May 2014

I'd actually prefer them play 'Holy Wars' 3 times and just knock 'Trust' off that list

Fucking awful, soul-crushing song to hear for an old fan. Worse even than having to hear Metallica play 'Fuel' every show to remind me that the 'Load' albums happened

Never been too big on Trust either but they insisted on opening with it for two out of the three times I've seen them. 

Dave should khmfs for that one

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod

They've opened with it every time I've seen them except for American Carnage, where they did the whole Holy Wars/Holy Wars reprise thing.

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Satan, Dave Mustaine story :!!

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    DrDimebag said:
    I really hate She-Wolf and FFF. I have seen them three fucking times and those two songs have been played everytime. 

Dude, I'd kill to see FFF. Top 5 Megadeth song

Really? I just never really liked that one. I always wanted them to do Back in the Day but honestly not holding out hope. 

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:
    HOODS said:
    sludge and doom and groove and stoner all may have came out in the 90's but now it seems there are so many bands following those genre's, so many good bands, it's bigger then it ever was back then. i mean besides the old school new orleans bands i cant think of many sludge bands back then, now its everywhere.

I think what was being created and diversified in the 90's is being consolidated now. A lot of the shit now is like Blackened Death where bands are just rubbing genres together to see what juice is left. Plus, bands in the 90's didn't really have much incentive in terms of fanfare because the hesher crowd was mostly preoccupied with grunge or gangsta rap. The Rap-Rock bands didn't really take off until 2000. If you were playing metal in the 90's, it was for love. Most of the bands mentioned in this thread from the era are much more popular and respected now than in their day.

also: Godflesh, Meshuggah, EyeHateGod, Napalm Death, Brutal Truth

Are the Melvins metal enough? Cuz 'Houdini', 'Stoner Witch' and 'Stag' all get the big POWOW

If 'Jane Doe' and Tool get recognition, you gotta include 'Aenima' and 'Calculating Infinity'

It said from 2000 on, them are 90's jawns.

Satan, Dave Mustaine story :!!

I worked at a club he was playing at for an Ozzfest off-date. Coal Chamber and Life of Agony opened. Met all of the band except Ellefson. Mustaine kept bitching because he felt he was too big to play our venue. They brought in all this barricade shit to keep fans off the stage, but it didn't fit the venue. The fire marshall was threatening to shut the show down because the space it took up made it a fire hazard. All this drama was going on with him refusing to play unless his barricade was up, even though the club had one on it's own. The entire time, he was sitting on the back stairs making fun of how ugly the fans in line were. They had a really strict "no camera's" stipulation on their rider, and he almost walked off the stage twice because he saw people clicking pics of him. I had to wade my way into the middle of the crowd to grab some asshole with a disposable camera. Dude was drunk punched me and the other fans were pelting me with beer cans. Ended up being a big brawl for a minute. All for pretty much nothing. Cell cameras made that old prohibitive shit obsolete. Retardedness anyways. He thought he was Axl Rose. He was basically just this miserable, arrogant dude that had no issue whatsoever making everyone around him miserable. I got the idea he thought it was kinda funny. 

damn those are the shows to die for. Hopefully he gets ran over by a mustang.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

i was bout to say if we added other jawns from other decades... River Runs Red and Age Of Quarrel definately need to be in there, then add your AIC, RATM, i mean the list would be huge.

• GregTheShowerDemonGregTheShowerDemon Posts: 465 salt miner

90s industrial >  

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

Breaking news: Greg likes cock

• cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip

as i lay dying-an ocean between us

avenged- city of evil (hate all you want it is fuckin good)

ATR-fall of ideals

black dahlia-ritual

this guy knows what's up