Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the discussion on what's in the tours thread thread

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

I'm pretty sure in my entire life I've never heard anyone I know even mention those bands ever except maybe the casualties..

my point exactly, you never heard so you ignore. maybe punk is dead in new england, but in philadelphia it is alive and better then well. instead of bashing, maybe you should listen to those bands. you'll prolly like. Not knowing isnt ignorance, ignorance is giving the oppurtunity to know and ignoring.

SATAN said:

the arthouse-meets-lowbrow crowd are more into hip hop now. Some of these rappers are way more punk than the dipshit suburban dweebs that learned their punk from Tony Hawk games 

if youre talking about chris brown walking around with a cromags jacket, please ky. that's not punk.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

not saying I wouldn't like those bands George I'm saying no one cares about punk anymore it's a dead genre as a whole

And Richard hell is punk wtf

you guys said.... "there are no punk bands anymore that arent influenced by pop of hardcore"

i named 20 active bands without even thinking off the top of my head.

"thats not real punk, theyre not relevant, ect."

take a dip in the ocean, make sure it's shark infested waters.

not saying I wouldn't like those bands George I'm saying no one cares about punk anymore it's a dead genre as a whole

And Richard hell is punk wtf

it's not dead doe... not mainsteam doesnt equal dead. go to 2000 tons of tnt in conn and tell me punks dead...

imageimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

There's more ska than actual punk nowadays. 

inb4lists

'And Richard hell is punk wtf'

now your puttin words in my mouth, i never said he wasnt. i said he was punk af.

The old punk we all know about because it was the start of a genre the fumed into the more popular hardcore, metalcore, all that other gay shit with nonstop breakdowns and keyboards where dudes look like chicks that all the other kids like. everyone knows the bands that started it. theres been films and documentaries and ect... maybe its different where yall live, i donno... but philly, ny. west pa, NJ, all have a strong underground punk scene with punk shows selling out on the reg. christ theres a punk show in philly or trenton every fucking night packed out the door. it's just not dead.

George your not getting it...

The world knew who the clash sex pistols and the ramones were

No one knows those bands like at all.. I know punk more than anyone I know and I don't even know those bands.. You have to see the difference

yeah theres a difference between now and the 80's, punk was huge back then... it was what kids got into to seperate themselves from the norm and go against the grain. all i'm saying is punk is not dead. those bands are big bands that tour and get paid and play huge fests. it just goes to show how much different living a few hours away can be. yeah of course punk isnt as big as it used to be, but that's not the argument, the argument is punk is completely dead and where i come from that is far from true.

Punk as a whole is dead tho 

It's just you live in a cool area

Just like real country is dead but I'm sure in parts of texas it's alive and well

I'm talking on a mass genre scale

I could never agree punk is dead. It's alot bigger overseas too then it is in my area. i mean my friends bands go over there and comeback saying they played mayhem fest type crowds in europe. the shows still rule, the music still rules, the thing i will agree with you is it is not as big as it was in the 80's by far. but i mean how far you live from conn? i just posted a killer punk show coming up right there. i know thats not too far from you. United Blood is in virginia, thats like 4-5 hrs south of me and i was at that. so right there is a radius of about 8-10 hrs where punk is alive along the east coast. i know they do shit in florida and cali too. it may not be as frequent as it is here, but theres punk rock going on bro. and to me country has always been dead caue i never listened to it, but im sure i could go out and find a country show this week if i wanted. just like you could find a punk show if you looked.

my definition of dead is just different from yours then.. 

here's some punk bands from right in your state of RI, took me a min to research this, get into it, support the scene....

Roz Raskin & The Rice Cakes, The What Cheer? Brigade, Someday Providence, Formal Action, Lemon Lime Tennis Shoes, Stalemate, Bubblegum Villains, Tony Jones & The Cretin 3, Gunshot Wound, For the Love of Sloane, Saturday at Nine, Blizzard of '78, Johnny Lingo, Route .44, 14 foot 1, Triangle Forest, & The Jesse Minute

dude I live in southern ri there is no scene lol

The people here are rich vacationers from jersey that listen to guido club music it's atrocious...

Mass had a somewhat cool metal scene

Killswitch shadows fall  and atr are from a town away

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy

Pissbath just broke up. Punk is dead. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?

"dude I live in southern ri there is no scene lol"

ayo doe, isnt rhode island like the size of my block doe? take a ride playa.

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers

We get a few punk shows down here. I never go to em' doe. Our hardcore scene is dope as hell. We don't get much of anything else.
    There's no asian people in my town. asians are dead.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy

bummer

Do You Like Hurting Other People?