Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

AILD singer arrested (jail time nigga)

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I think Atheism is the easy way out, but that's just me.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah atheism is for pussies!!
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner

sorry for that giant wall of text. i felt like i needed to say it

I read it. and I actually don't have any hate for anyone here. You're right I probably shouldn't group everyone who believes in god together, but like I mentioned I am a little jaded on religion right now. before you wrote this I had assumed that MC was the only person who believed in god around here, and I often times secretly think that MC will be an atheist sooner than he realizes.

So my 7 year old daughter comes to me the other day and says
    "Dad, im confused. So Jesus is God right?"
    "some people believe that"
    "but God sent his son Jesus to earth? so is god god, or is jesus god"
    "well you see Christians believe that God can take on 3 forms. God, Jesus, and the holy ghost. It is supposed to be like how water can be a liquid, gas or solid"
    "that's stupid. well anyways... So God sent himself to earth, so people on earth would kill him, so then people can go to heaven when they die?"
    "yeah. That is what some people believe"
    "Really?! That makes no sense."
    "Yes really that is what some people believe"
    "Why would he go though all the hassle? How about just let good people into heaven and dispense with all the smoke and mirrors?"
    " :)) Good question. Perhaps because then people wouldnt believe he is god?"
    "Well I don't see how there is any proof of that now! Seems like a giant lie to me... Like someone was just making it up for the heck of it"
    " :)) Your a smart girl. Well Don't know what to tell you, that is what some people believe"
    "that's just stupid"

I was laughing so hard. I typically keep my opinions to myself, and let my kids form their own conclusions about life. And This is coming from a 7 year old who fully still believes in Santa Claus! Santa! HA
    Seems to me it is people who don't believe try so hard to dispute it. Do you really care That much of what other people believe in?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Wake, you have the smartest friggin 7 year old ever. That's awesome. I always equate my prior belief in God to my prior belief in Santa, because they both went away in a very similar fashion for me. Once I actually started to give it an honest and thoughtful look, I came to the realization that what I had been taught just couldn't be true. Although it fucking sucks to realize when you're 12 that heaven isn't real and people can't actually live forever. I'm much more okay with that now, but it took a while to come to terms with.

And again, I'm totally with you there. I'm sick of this whole "hey I have nothing against gay people, I just think it's a sin" bullshit that I see far too often. Makes me so frustrated.

I typically keep my opinions to myself, and let my kids form their own conclusions about life

Gary said:

Seems to me it is people who don't believe try so hard to dispute it. Do you really care That much of what other people believe in?

:|
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

well, i think jesus' purpose here was for more reasons then to just die for our sins. i think he was here to show people how to live. those were crazy times back then. the only reason he was crucified was because he said he was god. that would never happen today.

Of course it wouldn't. If he was here today and said "I'm God blah blah" everyone would laugh and say he's crazy
    imageimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers

well, i think jesus' purpose here was for more reasons then to just die for our sins. i think he was here to show people how to live. those were crazy times back then. the only reason he was crucified was because he said he was god. that would never happen today.

Of course it wouldn't. If he was here today and said "I'm God blah blah" everyone would laugh and say he's crazy
    i was just trying to validate my assumption of him being here for more then just to die for our sins by saying those were terrible times and maybe that it was necessary for jesus to come along and show people the truth
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    My biggest issue with that though, is that if God made everyone, he also made them act this way. Why would he create such horrible humans, already knowing in advance that he would have to come back and help them?
    well god didn't "make" them that way. people have free will. i don't believe anyone is born bad. i think everyone is born good but just that somewhere along the lines in their life they got fucked in the head. the other thing though, him knowing in advance of what was going to happen is an interesting question. god created people because he wanted to share what he has with us. so i guess it's a chicken and an egg kind of thing if you break it down by free will. he put people here because he wants everyone to be happy and to be with him in heaven but by creating people - people of their own free will started doing bad things and then (again, of their own free will) had kids and raised them the same way.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    edited May 2013
    not trying to push my beliefs on anyone. this is just what i believe. even i would admit that i COULD be wrong about everything and that their may not be a god and all that but i strongly believe there is

well god didn't "make" them that way. people have free will.

So you believe that god made people and didn't know what was going to happen when he did? That makes him imperfect.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner

not trying to push my beliefs on anyone. this is just what i believe. even i would admit that i COULD be wrong about everything and that their may not be a god and all that but i strongly believe there is

Well said my friend
    im sure evolution will come into play here so i'll explain my stance on it right now. i have no clue how people got here. whether if it was god or evolution, idk. if evolution is true it wouldn't shake any of my beliefs because i would just think that god allowed it to happen. it may sound like im just grasping at straws or whatever but it's just what i believe.

im sure evolution will come into play here so i'll explain my stance on it right now. i have no clue how people got here. whether if it was god or evolution, idk. if evolution is true it wouldn't shake any of my beliefs because i would just think that god allowed it to happen. it may sound like im just grasping at straws or whatever but it's just what i believe.

That didn't touch on what I'm asking.

God is defined as being all good, all powerful, and all knowing, yes? If that holds true, then he must have known what was going to happen when he created life. He knew everything that would come out of it. To say that people have free-will is a bit silly IMO. God, according to the Bible, already knows the complete history of everything. He created life, and knew down the line that humans were going to screw up so bad that he would have to send himself as his son to earth in order to make up for the laws that he had originally assigned to people, knowing in advance that they wouldn't be able to hold up to them. Do you understand my point?

well god didn't "make" them that way. people have free will.

So you believe that god made people and didn't know what was going to happen when he did? That makes him imperfect.
    well, no. of course i believe he knew what was going to happen. he also created free will. people choose to do what they want. i guess the best way to think about this is: say you have kids some day. and you have 2 options: you can make them into basically robots. you can make them love you and do everything you say; or you can make them with free will and they love you and do the right thing because they choose to? of course there's always the possibility they could go down the wrong road with the second option but which would be more rewarding to you?

god created people because he wanted to share what he has with us. so i guess it's a chicken and an egg kind of thing if you break it down by free will. he put people here because he wants everyone to be happy and to be with him in heaven but by creating people - people of their own free will started doing bad things and then (again, of their own free will) had kids and raised them the same way.

That didn't touch on what I'm asking.

God is defined as being all good, all powerful, and all knowing, yes? If that holds true, then he must have known what was going to happen when he created life. He knew everything that would come out of it. To say that people have free-will is a bit silly IMO. God, according to the Bible, already knows the complete history of everything. He created life, and knew down the line that humans were going to screw up so bad that he would have to send himself as his son to earth in order to make up for the laws that he had originally assigned to people, knowing in advance that they wouldn't be able to hold up to them. Do you understand my point?
    sorry, i was still writing that before you posted your previous statement. yes i absolutely understand your point.

of course i believe he knew what was going to happen

He knew exactly how each individual person would act throughout their entire lifetime before they even existed, yet he still somehow gave them the ability to act however they want, even though he already knew how they would because he was the one that created them in the first place.

Got it.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't think God created us or if there even is such a thing in existence. In fact I don't think we will ever find out the truth of how we came about along with some other species of this planet. It would be amazing if we would find out though. I find the whole thing fascinating but if I think about it too much I get a headache :-<
    imageimage