Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2013 Albums of The Year Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Honest question
    Have you ever even listened to an entire album of say
    Howlin wolf?
    Bob marley?
    Peter tosh?
    Nick cave?
    Velvet underground?
    The stooges?
    Tom waits?
    Bon Dylan?
    Lightning Hopkins?
    Townes can Zandt?
    I seriously doubt it.. Yet instead of STARTING with theses legends you listening to shot that you can't even understand
    Excuse me while I give 0
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    No
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Holy shit, really?

I can do this to. You ever listen to an entire album of say
    Mirrorthrone?
    Velnias?
    Eitarnora?
    The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud?
    John Zorn?
    Rose Croix?
    Kinit Her?
    Maudlin of the Well?
    Black Mare?

and La Monte Young, Philip Glass, or Morton Feldmen compositions?

I seriously doubt it.

To answer you're question: I've tried listening to Marley, Velvet Underground, and Dylan. I can't stand Dylan. And am moderate about Marley and Velvet Underground. The others no, I haven't listened to.

I can honestly give less than zero about your "legends". I'm moving on. To be honest you clinging to your Golden Oldies, ignorant of the new and wonderful music being made today, is just as bad as people who only listen to Top 40. Get out there, try something new, experience music in a new light, and quit being such an obnoxious snobby prick when it comes to new music.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Lol cuz those artists you listed are just obscure bands not legends...
    Lol at try new music nigga I'm all over the fuckin spectrum of music.. How can you call yourself someone who lives music and doesn't even have a general understanding of the fucking blues?
    Sillyness

No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    No

Yea and ill take your opinion more seriously than 99 percent of the people here
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Facefuck in this bitch
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Shut the fuck up, Nola...

Same goes for slap
    Nigga comin in here showin his muscles with obscure faggy hip hop and garbage like kanye west rappin about the most pretentious shit in history like new black slaves but shots on people like Dylan who actually had the respect of the African American community and wrote real music that dealt with the actual real struggles instead of some over swelled headed faggot self proclaimed rap god with his head stuck up his ass
    Absolutely disgusting
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Not at all someone's just gotta put silliness in its place enough is enough
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Regardless of what dylan wrote about I never liked the way he sounded. He sounds atrocious now that's for sure but he's also old
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited December 2013
    NolaMetal said:

Lol cuz those artists you listed are just obscure bands not legends...
    Lol at try new music nigga I'm all over the fuckin spectrum of music.. How can you call yourself someone who lives music and doesn't even have a general understanding of the fucking blues?
    Sillyness

Like I said, I give less than 0 about them being "legends". It means nothing to me. Some of these no-name artists make better music than you're legends.

And who are you to judge my understanding of music? So I'm not as in tune with reggae and blues as you are. I probably should listen to more blues than I do. But I listen to a lot of rock and metal that has been inspired by blues. I understand what blues is.

I could argue you dont know music either. Do you listen to any obscure style of metal? European Classical? Middle eastern/Indian classical? Neo-classical? Cletic folk? Neo-folk? Asian folk? Noise? Ambient/atmospheric? Avante-garde? Free-jazz? Sitar music?

I've even started listening to some pop, pop-rock, art-pop, and rap type stuff. Vocaloids/J-pop.

I also play guitar, clarinet, and bass clarinet. And Im not great, but I sing too. I go to school for music business and record production. I understand music.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Simply embarrassing
    The only people here now with any real music cred is satan Alex jake and kinda Brando
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    No what's embarrassing is the fact I said I liked to listen to pops after you spouted off about being the all knower of music and you thought I was talking britney spears and shit
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:

No what's embarrassing is the fact I said I liked to listen to pops after you spouted off about being the all knower of music and you thought I was talking britney spears and shit

Dude.. I just read your comment fast.. It wasn't a big deal