Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

How much do you weigh?

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    100-150 (normal)
    8-|
    imageimage
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    No, it is not solely the aspartame that causes weight gain. However, it still has a scientific basis that it contributes to weight gain.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    150-200 (chunk)
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jobe wins. Cutting makes me crave sugar, AKA carbs, 'cause my carbs are so low and I eat little to no sugar on a cut, this includes low amounts of fruit as well, and very small amounts of starchy carbs. On a bulk, the cravings ain't there, 'cause although the carbs I consume are healthy carbs, I'm still getting a good amount in my body, therefore my body naturally doesn't start craving them. Getting back to what I was saying, cutting makes me crave sugar, badly, when sugary shit normally doesn't cross my mind. They've been so strong sometimes that I border on "Fuck this, Im'ma eat me some cookies/ice cream/candy/whatever.". But I fight it and don't. Dieting and going low carb naturally causes sugar/carb cravings. Does this also mean that dieting is bad for you and causes weight gain? No. Fuck outta here wit that shit. It means giving in to the cravings, not wanting results enough, and not having the mental discipline, causes weight gain. Obviously, giving in here and there and treating yourself won't, but giving in every time, or even on a regular basis, will. And lol @ Dayna flagging Wine's perfectly sensible and logical post. *Waits for the flag.*
    Jobe said:

Magson13 said:

Self-control isn't something people can create instantly. It can be increased through a lot of practice, but in order to do that, you need self-control. It's a vicious circle for those who don't have a lot of it to begin with. So for someone who is overweight due to lack of self-control with their diet to begin with, will likely gain more weight when they have higher than normal cravings for certain foods. Having a low threshold for resisting cravings falls under psychology, a science. Aspartame causing increased cravings is biology, another branch of science.

So fatty's gonna fat because their diet is already fucked, but it's Diet Coke's fault? How do they gain this weight Mags? By fucking eating too much food. Yup, people who eat more calories than they use store them as fat. No matter how hard you try, you can't get around the laws of thermodynamics.

If we ran a controlled scientific study of two groups that were given the proper food ratio, gave aspartame to group 1 and none to group two (the control group) yet their.food and exercise and everything else was the same, there would be no weight gain.

If we took the same two groups, and made one of them eat 1,000 extra calories, there would be weight gain all across the group.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Mfw you are me.
    Mfw we have the same face.

150-200 (chunk)
    Naw.. Mine is much better looking lol.
    Craving sugar=Biology, a science
    Willpower to resist cravings=Psychology, a science

Regardless of how you want to look at it, it is still science.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited December 2012
    100-150 (normal)
    Now I want pepperoni pizza. Thanks. Damn it.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    150-200 (chunk)
    Yes mags, its science. However, it is not science showing that it directly causes weight gain. It may be a factor in causing weight gain for some people with bad dietary habits, but it is not the cause it by itself. The direct cause is still the dietary problems.
    edited December 2012
    Look at this broscientist faggot.

This is like saying alcohol directly causes car crashes. It's science that it impairs your motor control, but you deciding to get in the car and drive while intoxicated is YOUR dumbass fault. Same thing, you putting the alcohol in your body (Aspartame.) and choosing to drive (Give in to any cravings.) makes it YOUR fault when you crash (Gain weight.).
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    200-250 (chubs)
    at least im ready for the Apocalypse
    150-200 (chunk)
    rexum420 said:

at least im ready for the Apocalypse

Unless cardio is involved
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    200-250 (chubs)
    true :-? hopefully its cold weather and not zombies
    I find it kinda funny. At New Year's last year, everyone was terrified. "Oh no, it's 2012 now, we have less than a year left.". Now, it's 9 days away, and no one gives a shit.
    150-200 (chunk)
    Zombies won't be much of a threat to Michigan in the winter either. Its not hard to outrun frozen hamburger. It's just during the summer that you have to careful.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    100-150 (normal)
    Episode said:

I find it kinda funny. At New Year's last year, everyone was terrified. "Oh no, it's 2012 now, we have less than a year left.". Now, it's 9 days away, and no one gives a shit.

YOLO!

imageimage
    Episode said:

Look at this broscientist faggot.

This is like saying alcohol directly causes car crashes. It's science that it impairs your motor control, but you deciding to get in the car and drive while intoxicated is YOUR dumbass fault. Same thing, you putting the alcohol in your body (Aspartame.) and choosing to drive (Give in to any cravings.) makes it YOUR fault when you crash (Gain weight.).

Oh goody, he turns a debate into a namecalling contest 8-|

Being drunk alters brain function. A sober person could be highly against drunk driving, but once their judgement is impaired by the alcohol, their brain works differently due to the introduction of a new chemical. This has been scientifically proven. So alcohol can indirectly cause car crashes.

Since you wanna do the whole namecalling thing..... You're a fucking moron if you think cravings and willpower are not scientific, dumbfuck. Go compare bodies with a bunch of other faggots in the locker room.
    Jobe said:

Yes mags, its science. However, it is not science showing that it directly causes weight gain. It may be a factor in causing weight gain for some people with bad dietary habits, but it is not the cause it by itself. The direct cause is still the dietary problems.

The dietary problems are the main cause, and aspartame will just make that worse, which is the point. If a person thinks switching from soda to diet soda will fix everything, then they are likely to gain more weight, because they're not putting much work into their weight loss to begin with.
    150-200 (chunk)
    Magson13 said:

Jobe said:

The dietary problems are the main cause, and aspartame will just make that worse, which is the point. If a person thinks switching from soda to diet soda will fix everything, then they are likely to gain more weight, because they're not putting much work into their weight loss to begin with.
    By switching to it they are now consuming less calories though. The only way for them to actually gain weight (or continue to gain it quicker, if their calories are still over what they need)) would be to replace and increase those calories. The original point was that aspartame causes weight gain. But the only way it leads to an increase is through the second set of parameters... The increased food intake. Without that increase of calories, there simply is no weight gain. This makes the original statement invalid. Even with the alcohol example, that is why when there is an accident, they refer to it as "being a factor in the crash" and not "the cause of the crash"
    150-200 (chunk)
    Those don't handle impact all that well though. My brother in law hit a deer on his sled and it fucked it all up. If you could lift a Snow Cat from a ski hill though you would be in business.