Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

How much do you weigh?

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    100-150 (normal)
    Idk about you but I wouldn't drink the water outta the Ohio river
    imageimage
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    Well that's not plain water, it's water mixed with other stuff. So I stand by my statement [-(
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    200-250 (chubs)
    why must everything have high fructose corn syrup in it! X(
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    250-300 (fat)

Idk about you but I wouldn't drink the water outta the Ohio river

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4630638/Swill

classic Bill Murray commercial from SNL. but overdubbed in German
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    150-200 (chunk)
    Oh puleeeease bitch.
    That ain't goin happen
    You'd miss me too much
    rexum420 said:

why must everything have high fructose corn syrup in it! X(

Water doesn't.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    150-200 (chunk)

Jobe said:

At least my thick skull understands junk science when I see it. From your links...

all you're doing is saying "I don't believe you and it didn't happen to me so it doesn't happen to anyone"
    And you said my head was thick.

Obviously you can't follow logic, maybe you can do better at math.

I'm saying A does not equal C, rather that it's B = C.

A: want more
    B: eat more
    C: gain weight

The sweetener itself isn't causing the weight gain, its the extra food consumption.
    You can't get from A to C without B.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    150-200 (chunk)

bad wording then, it CAN cause more weight gain (IF YOU EAT MORE) but my point was that just because it didn't cause weight gain for erik (WHO DIDN'T EAT MORE) doesn't make it scientific fact that it doesn't cause weight gain for anyone (WHO EATS MORE) at all.

/discussion.
    150-200 (chunk)
    I'm not the one missing the point, or the science. Please show me a study where the food intake didn't increase, but the weight did. I'll wait.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2012
    100-150 (normal)
    I mean...he's right...

"consumption of diet soft drinks increased the risk of weight gain by 41 percent for every serving of diet soft drinks consumed. Researchers postulated that artificial sweeteners like aspartame increased cravings for sugar because of its stimulation of sugar taste receptors."

Risk is not the same thing as direct cause. It's just not.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Self-control isn't something people can create instantly. It can be increased through a lot of practice, but in order to do that, you need self-control. It's a vicious circle for those who don't have a lot of it to begin with. So for someone who is overweight due to lack of self-control with their diet to begin with, will likely gain more weight when they have higher than normal cravings for certain foods. Having a low threshold for resisting cravings falls under psychology, a science. Aspartame causing increased cravings is biology, another branch of science.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    100-150 (normal)
    Don't you understand in that scenario that the driver then isn't necessarily the aspartame, but the lack of self control that they had to begin with?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

Don't you understand in that scenario that the driver then isn't necessarily the aspartame, but the lack of self control that they had to begin with?

Lacking self control=Science
    Increased cravings=Science
    Lacking self control+Increased cravings=Not science? [-X
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    150-200 (chunk)
    Magson13 said:

Lacking self control=Science
    Increased cravings=Science
    Lacking self control+Increased cravings=Not science? [-X
    Welcome to the internet.
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    over 400 (extremely morbidly obese)
    someone needs to change the title of this thread . Its driving me fucking insane. :)
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    over 400 (extremely morbidly obese)
    I laughed harder than I probably should have.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    150-200 (chunk)
    Don't do that - you might wee
    150-200 (chunk)
    Magson13 said:

Self-control isn't something people can create instantly. It can be increased through a lot of practice, but in order to do that, you need self-control. It's a vicious circle for those who don't have a lot of it to begin with. So for someone who is overweight due to lack of self-control with their diet to begin with, will likely gain more weight when they have higher than normal cravings for certain foods. Having a low threshold for resisting cravings falls under psychology, a science. Aspartame causing increased cravings is biology, another branch of science.

So fatty's gonna fat because their diet is already fucked, but it's Diet Coke's fault? How do they gain this weight Mags? By fucking eating too much food. Yup, people who eat more calories than they use store them as fat. No matter how hard you try, you can't get around the laws of thermodynamics.

If we ran a controlled scientific study of two groups that were given the proper food ratio, gave aspartame to group 1 and none to group two (the control group) yet their.food and exercise and everything else was the same, there would be no weight gain.

If we took the same two groups, and made one of them eat 1,000 extra calories, there would be weight gain all across the group.