Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

How much do you weigh?

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    150-200 (chunk)

<_> aspartame makes you crave carbs and causes you to feel hungrier. Just because it didn't cause a bunch of weight gain for you doesn't make it scientific fact that it doesn't cause weight gain.

Not all Diet soda contains aspartame... In fact the better tasting Diet Soda's do not contain it. They use Splenda instead, which we might find out in 10 years gives you cancer, but at least you wont be a fat ass.
    150-200 (chunk)
    I havent seen any studies proving that Splenda is bad for you. However Im sure it is... Mostly because in life you never get shit for free. "Hey check this out. I have this product Splenda. It tastes just like sugar, but has no of the side effects of sugar like making you fat" "whats' the catch?" "no catch. Enjoy!!!" "Bullshit."
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    200-250 (chubs)
    hasn't splenda been linked to cancer?
    150-200 (chunk)
    not that i've seen. but I also am not a chemist that follows the happenings.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    200-250 (chubs)
    yeah me either, i could be remembering wrong but it seems like i have read a couple articles about it
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    250-300 (fat)
    we boil a pot of black tea every day in the percolator we got with our Marlboro miles. I've cut back to one or two Cokes a day, drinking tea or ice water with lemon in it instead.

most diet sodas have phenylalanine in it, which can crystallize in your kidneys and cause kidney stones or weaken the blood vessels that are in there trying to filter out your natural impurities. it's particularly bad for diabetics because it crystallizes in the tiny blood vessels that feed the extremities (contributing to diabetic neuropathy in the hands and feet), the retinas (which leads to blindness) or in the lungs, reducing the uptake of oxygen into the bloodstream. they also suspect it messes up the blood flow/oxygen levels in the brain and link it to alzheimers, dementia and stroke.

I'm proud to finally be able to pick the 250-300 option, having finally stayed below 300 for the last few months after a bad bout of food poisoning in September when I lost 15 pounds in 4 days. I've lost about 100 pounds from my top weight. it's all about diet and exercise.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    150-200 (chunk)

<_> aspartame makes you crave carbs and causes you to feel hungrier. Just because it didn't cause a bunch of weight gain for you doesn't make it scientific fact that it doesn't cause weight gain.

lol scientific fact.

Craving shit doesn't make you fat. You can crave shit all day long if you have self control. Opening your pie hole and eating does. Science.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    150-200 (chunk)
    Control your pie hole, don't get fat.

Voodoo.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2012
    Jobe said:

lol scientific fact.

Craving shit doesn't make you fat. You can crave shit all day long if you have self control. Opening your pie hole and eating does. Science.

And this is why I love you. Jobe wit another W.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    'Tis the way of a salty cunt.
    edited December 2012
    150-200 (chunk)
    Lildikkbard is gonna need to use a stunt cock double to take the pic though.

Jobe said:

lol scientific fact.

your response has little to do with my statement.
    Your statement has nothing to do with logic then. Let's try again.

You said aspartame gives you carb cravings that make you gain weight.

I said all the cravings in the world won't make you gain a pound. I can walk by a bakery and smell all the yummy treats inside and crave them, yet I won't gain anything unless I go in and buy a bunch of crap.

Do you see the connection yet? Would you prefer it in a song?

They say that aspartame can alter moods and talk to you.
    But can it go buy a cake and bake it too?
    Well if it can, then the next time you consume too much food
    Just tell the judge it was Splenda's fault and they'll get sued
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    Jobe said:

Lildikkbard is gonna need to use a stunt cock double to take the pic though.

Jobe said:

lol scientific fact.

your response has little to do with my statement.
    Your statement has nothing to do with logic then. Let's try again.

You said aspartame gives you carb cravings that make you gain weight.

I said all the cravings in the world won't make you gain a pound. I can walk by a bakery and smell all the yummy treats inside and crave them, yet I won't gain anything unless I go in and buy a bunch of crap.

Do you see the connection yet? Would you prefer it in a song?

They say that aspartame can alter moods and talk to you.
    But can it go buy a cake and bake it too?
    Well if it can, then the next time you consume some food
    Just tell the judge it was Spelda's fault and they'll get sued
    You fucked it up. Dayna is the winner via disqualification.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    150-200 (chunk)
    Jobe ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    150-200 (chunk)
    Jobe ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    150-200 (chunk)
    Fukk you Maggie, that just be how I talks.
    150-200 (chunk)
    Correlation is not causation [-X
    edited December 2012
    150-200 (chunk)
    At least my thick skull understands junk science when I see it. From your links...

2005 study by the University of Texas Health Science Center found that consumption of diet softdrinksincreasedtherisk of weightgain by 41 percent for every serving of diet soft drinks consumed

Really? With an increased risk of weight gain 41% per serving, drinking one big fountain pop should put me at about a 300% chance of gaining weight. Seems legit.

1988 study by researcher Peter Rogers, published in the scholarly journal "Physiology and Behavior," explains that by consuming very sweet substances -- aspartame is significantly sweeter than sugar -- your body begins to lose its ability to sense the caloric content of food, and your desire for sugar and calories increases. As such, you may actually crave sweets and carbohydrates more than if you didn't use aspartame. Consequently, use of aspartame may result in caloric overconsumption and weight gain.

It may. Then again it may not. They also skipped from desiring more calories right to weight gain. Your still only going to gain weight if you lack the ability to do fork put downs and plate push aways.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    100-150 (normal)
    I was always told diet was worse. I think I've had a handful of diet pops my entire life because that's what was served at parties or whatever. Diet Dr. Pepper is the only one that didn't taste like shit
    imageimage
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    You know what's not bad for you? Water.