Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2012 Election results - Who'd you vote for?

Comments

• monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Planned parenthood does more than birth control. When I got pregnant at 19, they were there for me and helped me along the way.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    no its not, you dont know what its like to be victimized a s someone coming in from another country just to provide for your family.. you have NO IDEA whats that like so you can just stfu about that topic.. see how silly that sounds? you cant vote to legalize or illegalize weed either if you never smoked it cuz you have no idea what it even entails.. you cant vote on issues that pertain to minority issues like affirmative action either cuz youve never been an opressed minority and the hardships they go through
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Barack Obama (Democratic)
    Itt: nola keeps digging his own grave deeper
    imageimage
    monicaa said:

Planned parenthood does more than birth control. When I got pregnant at 19, they were there for me and helped me along the way.

yeah like i said before i 100 percent agree with you, romeny doesnt even want to end plan parenthood.. hes just a big fukkin phoney flip flopper that will say anything to get a vote and he knows that the republican base would eat that shit up so thats why he wants to get rid of it, hes a fukkin asshole..
    Omfg yes he does want to end it!
    One of the links i posted had him saying 'yea well get rid of that' or something
    I cant believe how stupid you are
    Either that or you just didnt read anything
    imageimage
    i know he said he wants to end it, obviously you cant read what i wrote.. i mean that in his head he doesnt really want to end it but hes going to take that stance because he wants to stay close to his republican base on the issue..
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Yeah. I'm sure that's exactly what is going through his head
    imageimage
    mitt is the biggest phoney ive seen in politics, you think he really gives a shit about planned parenthood? no i mean hes prob not for it but he would not be taking such an agressive stance on the issue if it wasnt for his base and that is clearly and blatently obvious
    Yes he truly wants to end it
    Mormon values combined with republican values almost guarantee it!
    imageimage
    i mean its possible, im not in mitt romneys brain
    but based on his political career it doesnt really add up that way it would seem
    Youre wrong
    imageimage
    Ahh im wrong on knowing mitt romneys true intentions and core beliefs in his own brain, i see lol
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip

Romney would like to make sure that women are not paid the same as men in the same profession

I actually participated in a study on this..... It was found that women who get paid less than men for the same job, get paid less simply because they are less aggressive asking for a raise. Men tend to be more assertive in their asking for a raise (It was hypothesized that this is due to higher testosterone levels, but wasn't looked deeply into.) There are timid men who get paid less, and assertive women that get paid more. So it's really just a personal thing..... The only way the government could do anything to change this, is to mandate a pay scale based on seniority, and possibly performance reviews.
    I feel like thats how it should be
    Same with teachers and tenure
    It should be based on how well they do their job
    imageimage
    ahhhhhh logic and bringing in reality to an over sensationalized issue .. go away!!
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Nola, why the fuck are you even arguing with Bianca? You aren't even voting for Romney...
    i never even remotely thought about voting for romney in any way shape or form.. i just like talking political issues

lolfail, you realize that implements the EXACT same type of behavior that is already rampant.. so women will then blame that they make less money because the men that judge their performance didnt give them as good as scores as their male counterparts resulting in them making less money
    Magson13 said:

Romney would like to make sure that women are not paid the same as men in the same profession

I actually participated in a study on this..... It was found that women who get paid less than men for the same job, get paid less simply because they are less aggressive asking for a raise. Men tend to be more assertive in their asking for a raise (It was hypothesized that this is due to higher testosterone levels, but wasn't looked deeply into.) There are timid men who get paid less, and assertive women that get paid more. So it's really just a personal thing..... The only way the government could do anything to change this, is to mandate a pay scale based on seniority, and possibly performance reviews.
    also factor in the money women lose when they take time off for for when they have children and how their male counterpart would continue to grow with the company when a woman would be in the absense
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip

The government should never have that much power, though. If the government can impose itself to that degree, then they could do so with other issues, as well. Like birth control, for example. You don't want the government taking away your ease of access to birth control, which, the government shouldn't have the power to do.