Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2012 Election results - Who'd you vote for?

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Barack Obama (Democratic)
    if Romney wins it will be t-minus 18 months til economic collapse again
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Gary Johnson (Libertarian)

laurjohn2 said:

i've voted Republican in every pres election since 92, except this one. In every one, the Dem has won my state by a landslide and my vote doesn't matter. I have learned the errors of my ways and will not ever vote repub or dem in a pres election

I thought about voting for Bob Dole in the 96 election, because everyone kept telling me I would be throwing my vote away if I voted for Perot. But on election day when I was staring at the ballot I thought "hey, why would I vote for this asshole? I'm not even certain that Dole would be better then Clinton, so I'd be an idiot if I voted for him" I then filled in Perot, and have never second guessed voting for who I believed in ever since that day.

Edit - :)) you voted for Bob Dole. that's funny. Could the R's find a candidate who had a larger stick lodged up his ass?
    Yes, i did vote for Dole in 1996. for me it was a lessor of 2 evils. Clinton closed a couple of military bases that were important to me and i based my vote on who would be the best Commander in Chief of the armed forced. In hindsite, Dole was a tool....
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Jill Stein (Green)

SATAN said:

if romney wins, i'm leaving the u.s.

No youre not
    we've already been looking for places in vancouver. i have friends there that left after the '04 election
    Jill Stein (Green)
    :-?
    Jill Stein (Green)
    i don't even know what that means
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    laurjohn2 said:

In hindsite, Dole was a tool....

:)) yeah.
    I think there should be a law where if someone says "if so-and-so wins the election, then I am moving to Canada", and then if that person does in fact win the election, then that person who made that statement should be booted out of the country. This law would have no bias against R's or D's, Im just for holding people to their word :)
    SATAN said:

we've already been looking for places in vancouver. i have friends there that left after the '04 election

Vancouver is nice. It's the first place I had an alcoholic drink in a bar. Vodka Paralyzer if I remember correctly. Actually I know that is the case because when I turned 21 that was the first drink I ordered in a US bar, and the bar tender said "From Canada eh" And I said "no, just turned 21" and he said "ahhh... and you've been doing drinking in canada before today :)) well we call them Smith and Weston's down here. On the house, happy birthday." \m/
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    No way I can vote 500 feet from my apartment here because of residency issues. So I'm taking two buses to my house to get my car and go to my designated place to do it.
    I love winning with women
    Alex said:

No way I can vote 500 feet from my apartment here because of residency issues. So I'm taking two buses to my house to get my car and go to my designated place to do it.

:)) yep. that's how it works. Personally I think everyone should just move to absentee ballots like WA. Actually there should just be an online voting option. everyone in the US has access to the internet and if not go to the library.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Voted after I got out of class. There was no line at all.
    Jill Stein (Green)

SATAN said:

Vancouver is nice. It's the first place I had an alcoholic drink in a bar. Vodka Paralyzer if I remember correctly. Actually I know that is the case because when I turned 21 that was the first drink I ordered in a US bar, and the bar tender said "From Canada eh" And I said "no, just turned 21" and he said "ahhh... and you've been doing drinking in canada before today :)) well we call them Smith and Weston's down here. On the house, happy birthday." \m/
    if i don't leave, it'll be purely for financial reasons. i'm planning on using the money i was saving to fix my pool as starter cash somewhere else, but it's hard to guage expenses after exchange. the retardation i've seen on display via facebook and other sites over the last 4-5 months makes me want no part of american culture
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited November 2012
    $6 billion spent in advertising in the run up to this election
    Wow
    Money well spent

=))
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    Gnomez said:

$6 billion spent in advertising in the run up to this election
    Wow
    Money well spent

=))

That's American politics for ya.

so this closeted gay guy I know is going to vote for Mitt Romney today and I feel like I have to stop him or else the balance of nature will be upset and there will be a rip in the time space continuum and we’ll all be sucked into a nonsensical dimension where people don’t Instagram their food and Johnny Depp doesn’t star in Tim Burton movies

The hell? That contradicts his gayness.
    The United States of America is a one-party corporatist state whose very existence is perpetuated by a conscious deliberate denial of reality by ‘we the people’. The electoral system is a sham, an elaborate lie, which we participate in from time to time to give the illusion of choice. Today I voted for change from that system, today I voted for Gary Johnson.

The United States of America is a one-party corporatist state whose very existence is perpetuated by a conscious deliberate denial of reality by ‘we the people’. The electoral system is a sham, an elaborate lie, which we participate in from time to time to give the illusion of choice. Today I voted for change from that system, today I voted for Gary Johnson.

=D>
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    How come you guys don't have chicks running for President?
    Our last female Prime Minister was a hottie