Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Spoilers**The Dark Knight Discussion Thread

FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
edited July 2012 in Debate & Discourse

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Awww you love me <3

Now talk about the plot holes you were saying.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    *Moved from the OG Batman thread.*

What really won me over was how they pulled off Robin at the end, that was fucking fantastic. I honestly never expected it, I just thought he was a Cop who believed in, and trusted in Batman, and wanted to be more than just a Cop, a hero, himself. Never expected Robin doe. And it's clear by the ending, that although The Dark Knight is done, they're rebooting Batman And Robin, so fucking stoked.
    To let you down sir. Bruce is done as Batman and used that "clean slate" to erase himself and Selina KyleKs records so they could live together in peace. Robin is actually just a homage to Robin character and Blake will actually be the new Batman taking over Bruce. So sorry no Robin sir.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    > bruce wayne pretty much broken
    > fights Bane, gets ass kicked, back broken
    > does sit ups and pull ups
    > can suddenly beat bane

> whole goal is to blow up gotham
    > bane gets bomb
    > sits on it for months and months in typical shitty action movie fashion
    How Bane got beat was lame as fuck.

Raz a ghouls (or whatever) daughters introduction was lame as fuck. They should have introduced her last movie. But some random bitch who is supposed to be an associate 10 minutes into the last movie. Yeah I'm gonna trust her.

They shouldve killed batman. Him miraculously surviving has happened in literally every movie ever. Him dying as a,marytr would've ended the series perfectly.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The thing I didn't like was that it was pretty obvious the cop was gonna be the new Batman and then Bruce is like "Batman could be anybody..." and I'm like GODDAMN IT WE GET IT USE MORE SUBTLE FORESHADOWING
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    And all of the major twists:

Ok Bane climbed out
    DAMN Bane's the master's son
    DAMN Bane wasn't the master's son
    DAMN the chick climbed out of there
    DAMN Bane was her protector
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    I think they shoulld have let bruce die and could have started a new series with the blake characher but not as robin
    Doesn't matter. They are rebooting the franchise in 2015 anyway lol.
    Gonna be honest, was really hoping for Batman Beyond when Bane broke his back but no such luck
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Batman Beyond was the shit
    imageimage
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    does batman die
    Niggas dropped the ball. It was good but they couldve made it legendary.

Niggas dropped the ball. It was good but they couldve made it legendary.

I agree. Should've just focused on making a good movie instead of falling into the typical bullshit "end of an era" hole where it has to be a 3 hour movie full of looking deep within and thinking about the future

> bruce wayne pretty much broken
    > fights Bane, gets ass kicked, back broken
    > does sit ups and pull ups
    > can suddenly beat bane

> whole goal is to blow up gotham
    > bane gets bomb
    > sits on it for months and months in typical shitty action movie fashion

>Bane kicks his ass
    >Bruce only had a vertebra popping out. Pop it back in and recover for awhile doesn't take long.
    >Can do sit ups and pulls up after about a month of resting and recovery
    >He beat Bane because he was afraid to die. The reason he lost was because he wasn't afraid to die. Being afraid makes you fight harder and go stronger.

>Goal was to create chaos and blow up Gotham
    >Bane does get bomb
    >Sits on it for months because he said he wanted the "people" of Gotham to take back the city. The bomb was going to blow up regardless in 5 months and they had no plans to rush it. They wanted the people to turn on each other and destroy Gotham it's self before they let the bomb blow
    >Did you even see the movie?
    >all that shit is stupid cliche action movie bullshit. I expected more from christopher nolan.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod

They shouldve killed batman. Him miraculously surviving has happened in literally every movie ever. Him dying as a,marytr would've ended the series perfectly.

For all Gotham knows, he died. So he basically is a martyr. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

>all that shit is stupid cliche action movie bullshit. I expected more from christopher nolan.

THE WHOLE POINT IS TO "RISE" WHICH HAS BEEN THE DAMN SAYING FOR LIKE A YEAR!

Did you not expect the cliche shit?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Jake <_>

Just because the movie wasn't perfect doesn't mean they dropped the ball. Like you saw every twist coming. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    No, thats not the same thing at all. Him making the ultimate sacrafice for the city he loves. But "oh I'm gonna jump out at the last minute and survive when I should be dead" is so fucking cliche and is in every shitty action movie ever.

Tell me, have you ever seen an action movie/superhero movie where the hero dies? Never, because its too risky. The mainstream audience would hate it. Its Nolans last movie, why not grow some balls and actually kill him?