Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

who you gonna vote for

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    not voting
    When our country first started out, your vote meant something. You would have candidates with some degree of differing of opinion, and your vote would provide the candidates some level of support of their platform. They could and would tailor their administration towards working to what the people want, and not some ulterior motives.

Somewhere along the way we moved from that system to this current system of two poles. Where we have artificially erected these two candidates and you are forced two gravitate towards one of these two poles for fear of marginalizing yourself by throwing your vote away. But the sham of the whole system is the two poles are not really opposite poles... Nope. not even close. Sure there are things they disagree on. Moral issues like abortion, church, and other things the government has no business regulating. And sure they disagree on how they want to spend 0.1% of the budget. Maybe one group wants to give that .005% to the rich where one group wants to give that .005% to education. But as far as the core of the government goes, these two poles are exactly the same

For years i've voted 3rd party. fooling myself that my vote will be heard, that people will take notice, and will follow my lead. I've been voting for change for 16 years, while most people stay the course and believe the lies. This year... *shrug* i dont really care anymore. maybe things will get bad enough that enough people will speak up and burn the system and start over.
    you said "erected" :-j
    How else could they butt fuck the American people? :>
    :)) :))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    thrid party/ independent
    Ron and Rand Paul have pretty psychotic ideology.....Obama is no 'savior' but then we as americans can't expect perfection...We can demand integrity and a desire move this country in a positive direction....We MUST get the money out of politics....Citizens United is currently crushing free speech....Movetoamend.org.....
    CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE and MONEY IS NOT SPEECH
    > ron paul has psychotic ideas
    > ron paul actually wants to keep the money out of the white house
    > proves this by not accepting money from corporations in his super pacs
    > obama denounces super pacs, then creates the biggest one yet receiving money from all types of special interests
    > confused

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2012
    not voting
    wake, thats basically what i meant when i said "sometimes i think that voters in a america would make a bigger impact on the government if they boycotted this election."

the government has failed to change a whole lot which kinda leads me to believe it's gotta be done by the people. even though the government is fully capable of making things better it's just that they get way too, for lack of a better word, "political" about shit. they're the fuckin' government, they could do whatever they wanted.
    The number of people not voting is already ridiculously low, so I doubt informed voters taking a stand and not voting is going to help the problem or even be seen by the candidates. The problem is the mass of really stupid people voting for these two poles. This mass of really stupid people agree that there is a problem and they want to vote for "change" to fix the problem, but the "change" they are voting for is just the same old bullshit just sugar coated with new lies. If this mass of stupid people had any medium term memory, then they would remember and realize that these lies are just a different brand of lies. But nah... the American people are too stupid. They are the MTV generation with short attention spans that dont realize when they are being manipulated and taken advantage of.

The problem? Look in the mirror. I can't fault a lair/thief for lying and stealing. That's what they do, that's who they are. The problem is with the people who sit idly by and let them do it. Elect them into office and then forget that they were part of the problem, and elect them back in.
    Post edited by WakeOfAshes on
    thrid party/ independent
    wake you had me until the whole MTV generation bullshit..... the american people have been voting for the same two party bullshit for genration after generation.. none of this is new and i think politicians used to be even more corrupt because it was easier to keep it a secret.. now technology makes it slightly more difficult.. the american public is a stupid group though ill give you that
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I am voting for...

Wait it's no one elses fucking business who I vote for nor do I care to hear everyone elses opinion on whom they are voting for.

Have a nice day :-)
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    not voting
    wake you had me until the whole MTV generation bullshit..... the american people have been voting for the same two party bullshit for genration after generation.. none of this is new and i think politicians used to be even more corrupt because it was easier to keep it a secret.. now technology makes it slightly more difficult.. the american public is a stupid group though ill give you that
    True. I just dont know how to properly explain how a large mass of people can be that stupid, forgetful, and so easily manipulated.
    thrid party/ independent
    i know wake but dont give up hope i mean Nader and Perot did pretty badass there is still hope for real change, its tiny tho lol
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    thrid party/ independent
    True. I just dont know how to properly explain how a large mass of people can be that stupid, forgetful, and so easily manipulated.
    the 24 hour news cycle is more to blame because you constantly have propaganda blasted at you all day now. throw in the "opinion" label that shows like hannity hide behind where they manufacture dissent and our media is clearly a tool for controlling and manipulating politics.

tl;dr - it's a lot easier these days to manufacture and promote lies
    not voting
    Yes, I agree completely Satan. And the conspiracy theorist in me believes that there are ties from government in our media that help perpetuate and manufacture these lies. someone high up is getting some nice kick backs to help those in power stay in power.
    not voting
    Satan is voting third party? I thought you were voting for Obama? :-?

For the record - if anyone feels inclined to vote "for the lessor evil because they dont want that asshole Romney getting elected".... dont bother. Obama is going to easily win. wont even be close so vote how you'd like to vote.
    thrid party/ independent
    i'm writing in a vote for nicholas samuel lyle
    thrid party/ independent
    http://2012.independent-candidate.org/

a list of independent presidential candidates for anyone interested
    not voting
    If I vote, I think I have decided to vote for Gary Johnson. I'll make up my mind on voting next nov
    thrid party/ independent
    my vote if paul isnt on the ballot will go to the green party or libertarian candidate
    not voting
    I wrote in Paul last election, and just felt defeated in doing so. I may do it again, but probably not.
    thrid party/ independent
    without saying anything about health care explain 3 ways why obama is the lesser of two evils compared to romney go!
    thrid party/ independent
    specific things too not things like i dont trust him or hes doesnt have the best interest in the poor middle class in mind... i mean like specific examples
    thrid party/ independent
    i think politics are a charade at this point. i don't believe in anything, even money. i just have to go along with it because everyone else is a dumbass that goes along with it. there's no escape