Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic books

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    If SJWs could get the fuck out of geek culture, that would be great. Literally just saw articles appear on my feed about why "the sexualization of Harley Quinn" is bad, why "Joker and Harley's relationship is horrible", why "its a great thing Harly dumped the Joker in the comics", and "Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy kissed, DC made their girlfriends status cannon, and we need more characters to follow suit" in that order. And a review of Suicide Squad calling it "sexist, racist, and gun worhipping". 

Fuck. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    I could give a flying fuck how they portray Harley Quinn. She's not even important. How about people worry about how they're portraying fucking Superman or Batman or Green Lantern because they've fucked up those characters too
  • Options
    Thats like crying about how Jubilee was portrayed in the new X-Men. She's not an important character, who gives a fuck.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Dude Im with ya. 

They need stop focusing on the identity politics and forced "diversity" quotas, and go back to writing good stories. Ive completely lost interest in Marvel and DCs comics because they care more about identity than stories. 

But its not just comics. Videogames gets it bad too, but I think comics are getting it worse right now because the big two are buying into it, whereas there are enough game companies that dont give a shit and deliver quality anyways

I edited because I do care about how characters are portrayed from comic to movie to an extent. But what I care about is accuracy from comic to movie, not how the character looks to society or whatever. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Seriously Harley x Ivy is Korra x Asami levels of pandering. 

EDIT: alright maybe not THAT bad
  • Options
    I guess i should take that back. I also care. I guess my point is that there are characters way higher on the list of people that need a good adaption before Harley Quinn. It just annoys me that all these girls on facebook are like "how DARE they mess up Harley Quinn"
  • Options
    LEGEND said:
    I guess i should take that back. I also care. I guess my point is that there are characters way higher on the list of people that need a good adaption before Harley Quinn. It just annoys me that all these girls on facebook are like "how DARE they mess up Harley Quinn"
    and in all honestly, the SS movie portrayal is basically how she is in the comics now... and they keep shilling that shit out because people like it apparently. 

I mean, I prefer Harley as a sidekick to The Joker. But those days are LONG gone. And we know DC won't bring it back to those days or else we'll never hear the end of how DC are rape culture apologists. 
  • Options
    NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    They based her off the New 52 comics..which are trash
    imageimage
  • Options
    They based her off the New 52 comics..which are trash 
    imageimage
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
    LEGEND said:
    Motherfukken this!

I'm so sick of every pseudo-goth, ex-hot topic twat on my friend list complaining. They can't even articulate why they're mad. Her "look" has been changed for the movies just as much as Batman and Superman's have. It kills me how spoiled millennials are when it comes to comic media. I had Christopher Reeve as Superman, Michael Keaton as Batman and a wasteland of either shelved or straight to video superhero movies until I was into my 20s. It's still refreshing to me that studios are even trying this hard with genre and comic movies at all. So fucking what if they make little changes to Harley's look? All the bitching about stuff like Suicide Squad this year months before it even hit theaters makes me wanna kick people in the fucking teeth. 
  • Options
    Holy fuck. Now this is going around. 

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    I bet it's like 12 people that has seen that
  • Options
    dranyam said:
    I bet it's like 12 people that has seen that
    Nah thats exactly what i was talking about. At least 4 girls have posted that exact picture on fb with a wall of text attached
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
  • Options
    We need to make geek culture great again =))
  • Options
    I liked HQ before it was cool. Always wanted merch of hers. Now it's everywhere and I don't want it. Why? Because if I got it I'd be lumped in with the rest of the noob twats jumping on the bandwagon posting #relationshipgoals when it comes to her and the joker. When I bet all of them don't understand their relationship is manipulation and abuse. The only thing I like about the two together are that they're batshit and ride together. When comes to HQ I always preferred her with Ivy
    imageimage
  • Options
    I liked HQ before it was cool.
    Lmao kill yourself
  • Options
    Give me the gun then faggot
    imageimage
  • Options
    I liked HQ before it was cool. Always wanted merch of hers. Now it's everywhere and I don't want it. Why? Because if I got it I'd be lumped in with the rest of the noob twats jumping on the bandwagon posting #relationshipgoals when it comes to her and the joker. When I bet all of them don't understand their relationship is manipulation and abuse. The only thing I like about the two together are that they're batshit and ride together. When comes to HQ I always preferred her with Ivy
    People do act like Harley wasnt "in" until recently. She was popular back when she debuted in TAS. I mean why else would they have kept her around when she was supposed to be a joke side character for ONE EPISODE? Her role in the Arkham games just made her even more popular because those games were huge. 

I mean this is one of the most iconic covers in comics, and shes on it. 

• Options
    Give me the gun then faggot
    Quit being a hipster. HQ has been one of the most popular DC characters since her debut