Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Simple review here.

Local band called Buried But Breathing...They were meh, nothing new..

Landmine Marathon...made me feel like an idiot. I had downloaded Sovereign Descent and listened to it long before I knew about this tour. When I listened to it, I didn't catch that it was a female vocalist..So I was in for a surprise when the cute merch chick turned in to a brvtal vocalist the jumped into the crowd and started three pits. They were great and really got the crowd going, easily one of the better opening bands I've seen this year.

Skeletonwitch...I wish I was more than a casual fan before this show. I'd listened to all the albums a few times, but never got in like a "Skeletonwitch mood" where I could just listen to them on and on. The live show changed that, except for the fact I felt like a loser up front just knowing the rhythms and not the lyrics, while everyone around me is screaming. After the set, Jake took off immediately I think, but I stayed for a minute to talk to Nate who was still onstage, and grab a setlist.

I spent more than I wanted with getting a Skeletonwitch tour shirt, Landmine Marathon shirt, and a dollar lighter.
    image Photobucket
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited November 2010
    went to 2 shows this weekend, got to see 2 of my favorite bands, Dying Fetus and TERROR!

Friday night got to the show in NY. it was packed. The Contortionist was about to play...

The Contortionist - If I had a pair of plyers, I would have ripped off my ears. Slow painful deathcore, the breakdowns were sooo slow. Couldn't hear a word even when the singer was talking. The only cool part about their set was teh ninjaz got into a huge fight that lasted for like 5 mins. It's always fun watching them whoop each others ass. I would never go see this band. 1/10

TERROR - What can I say? Terror's Terror. They get up on stage and fuck the place up. They have no need for special effects or lighting, they just get straight to the point and kick peoples asses. Theyre singer gets everyone going, there was no stage diving allowed at the venue, but Terror makes it happen. all there songs were clear and sounded just like the album. I love Terror theyre a real original band, I can never say I was bored at a Terror show, as soon as they start playing, I get happy! The only reason they don't get a 10 is because I think they should have played longer, but that wasnt their fault so they get 10 anyway haha. Go see this band when they come near you, even if youre not a fan of Hardcore, you'll digg it, I promise, I took a few buddies of mine to see TERROR a few years back and all they listen too is metal, they still ask me, "yo whens Terror coming around again, thats one of the best shows i've been to." Check em out! 10/10

The Red Chord - Rules! This band has alway kicked ass. Some people call them deathcore, but I think theyre death metal all the way. The sound in the venue wasnt that great for their style of music, but they were still exciting to watch! Dreaming in Dog Years in my Jam! 7/10

The Acacia Strain - The 1st song I was like ok, this shits alright, the second song I was thinking wow this sounds like the 1st song, the 3rd song, I was bored, so I went to the balcony to watch the pit, after the 4th song, I bounced. It's not like they sounded shitty or anything, it's just breakdown after breakdown. It gets old fast. Deathcore, It takes my 2 favorite music genres and mixes them together Hardcore and Death Metal to make these bands that just have heavy breakdowns over and over again, with heavy vocals, and that's it, no cool riffs, no hardcore chants or beats, no solos, no singing, it's like youre getting ripped off of 2 great original music genres in Hardcore and Death Metal. I will admit the acacia strain isnt the worst deathcore band ive seen, but I would never go to a show where they headlined again. Terror or the Red Chord should have headlined. and where to they get all these fans for such boring tunes? the place filled up like Slayer was about to play, and its pretty gay when i cant tell if the person next to me is a dude or a chick because everyones wearing capris and has girl haircuts SHAVE YOUR HEAD PUSSY or I dont mind long hair, but these motherfuckers look like they go to the fucking salon everyday. i just dont get why deathcore is popular.... 4/10

I bought a TERROR hat white/black says keepers of the faith on the front and terror on the back, T-shirt is red says terror huge across it like 5 times and has a dude showing 2 fists and he has overcome tattooed on his knuckels, and their new CD!

Saturday night. I got to the Troc in Philly just in time!

Vital Remains - missed most of their set, but got there just in time to hear Dechristinize!
    They sounded good, the pit was wild, especially after they chanted LET THE KILLINGS BEGIN! haha that song is my shit! too bad i got their late and didnt see their whole set cause on summer slaughter, they only played 3 songs. i copped a shirt from them in the summer, so i didnt get one this time, but i fistbumped the guitar player after their set when i was walking from the bar. this is kind of a 1 song rating, but i'd rather listen to that song over and over again then listen to the agaycia strains full set.- 6.5/10

Dying Fetus - YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I never heard a band with 3 dude rock harder then these niggaz! They were the best band of the weekend, I wish they would go on tour with TERROR again. I seen hose 2 play together back in 2002. Fetus's pit was the entire floor their whole set, my fuckin back hurts today from that shit. security guard were even throwin up the horns and bangin their heads. they sounded perfect. no complaints all all from these guys they just blow the doors off the place and then rolled out. i wish they played longer, but in 45mins they squeezed in like 7-8 songs. i want them to go on a headlining tour. 10/10

Cannibal Corpse - They were awesome, but their sound was fucked up for some reason. wasnt loud or clear eneough. they played for an hr and 30mins almost, so they got to play alot of shit, i started watching them from the balcony, then 1/2 way through moved down to the floor and they sounded better. corpsegrinder was funny as shit as usual. they kicked ass, i just think either it was the venue or they need to fire their sound guy. cause fetus sounded perfect. CC sounded better at mayhem. they were still tight, just the system sounded off, but it was alot better when i got close up which caused me to get fired up and plow some motherfuckers in the pit, lol! i'm glad they played a full set and some old shit i havent heard in a while. it was fun! i will always catch CC when they come around! 7/10

I got a CC shirt with a dude stabbing his girl on the front(my girl didnt appreciate that,lol) and it said death walking terror, i told her, it was either this shirt or the one with the dude lickin the corpses pussy, she agreed i got the better one hahaha, i had to get a CC shirt. and i got a dying fetus shirt that has some skullz attacking some dude and it says your treachery will die with you on the back!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    4/10 for acacia strain....you were being kind lol
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hey now, The Acacia Strain kicks ass!

I'll let that comment slide though cause Dying Fetus is friggin amazing.
    i gave them for for every song i could stand before i couldnt take it anymore and left, lol. and its alwyas fun watching the ninjaz beat the living pisssss out of eachother even if the band sucks, but at least i got home early, i stayed like 10-15mins of their set, i heard they played about an hr. i dont know how these motherfucks are so popular.....
    edited November 2010
    theyre definately not the worst band ive seen, but not too good man for me, but if thats what you like i'm not gonna knock you, just not my thing.
    Oh no worries, I hate their fan base as much as anyone else, lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    They finally play Baptized in Flames... wow.
    I love winning with women
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Is that the set list for them on the JFAC tour? O_o
    ^ Their headlining tour
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    ah k nvm. I was going to say that is one long and bad ass set list.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The set times were screwed to hell. The paper had Skeletonwitch listed to go on at 12. Now I'd assume that if that time changed, it would be later...no, it was more like 40 minutes earlier.
    image Photobucket
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Dying Fetus is great live. And i saw em headline in May i think. They played a bit over an hour and closed with the classic KILL YOUR MOTHER RAPE YOUR DOG
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I may do a review of The Butts and Shitty Advice tonight, probably not.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    quick review of the Roger Waters show last night....

Absolutely fucking incredible!

The production was the best I've ever seen. From floating blimps, giant moving puppets, giant flags blowing in the "wind", basically a 60 ft long HD projection screen (The Wall) with some of the coolest imagery, art-style i've ever seen. Building the wall, tearing it down, men dressed up in crazy black military operative uniforms. It was phenomenal!

And the production just helped up the symbolism ten fold. Just insane. If you still have a chance to see this show, you need to go.

I fucking wish i could see it again. It was so damn good, and not to mention Waters put out absolutely stellar performances on every song. Vocally and physically.

It was indeed a beautiful show, and if it wasn't for the Saints game today. I would of without a doubt made to trip to Dallas aswell.

the set of course...

In The Flesh?
    The Thin Ice
    Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1
    The Happiest Days of Our Lives
    Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2
    Mother
    Goodbye Blue Sky
    Empty Spaces
    What Shall We Do Now?
    Young Lust
    One Of My Turns
    Don't Leave Me Now
    Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3
    The Last Few Bricks
    Goodbye Cruel World

Intermission

Hey You
    Is There Anybody Out There?
    Nobody Home
    Vera
    Bring the Boys Back Home
    Comfortably Numb
    The Show Must Go On
    In The Flesh
    Run Like Hell
    Waiting For The Worms
    Stop
    The Trial
    Outside The Wall
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    To lazy to do a review but TSO was: =O
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'll review the Shinedown when I'm in my dorm tomorrow night.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

I'll let that comment slide though cause Dying Fetus is friggin amazing.

ANNNNNDDDD THIS is exactly why I don't fucking take you seriously when you bash me for TDWP and BMTH. You like one of the absolute WORST Deathcore bands out there?

GTFO, hypocritical pansy.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    You don't have much room to talk either homeslice
    imageimage