Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Try she was never hot nor ever sounded good
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Coming from a faggot
    Shes bottom tier
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ITM First two albums were good. But that was back in 07. Slap hit it in the head. Band has been dead for a decade. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Avatar is a band you need to see live first to appreciate. I thought they were so so from what I had heard before I saw them. Then I saw their set at Louder than Life and loved it. For the swarm and death of sound are my jams 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Hail the apocalypse, The eagle has landed, let it burn, smells like a freak show... I dig a lot of their shit.  Black Waltz was pretty good, feathers and flesh is great. They have really grown into themselves as a band.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah it's odd to listen to a band and like their new stuff better than the old stuff but the last two albums they have found their stride 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Future headliners. Been a long time since I was able to call something like that on a mostly unknown band.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I'm patiently waiting for those on here that won't like them to listen and laugh 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Checked out hail the apocalypse and the eagle has landed. Both were pretty lit. 
    Will download and check out 
    Theyre not bad, but too Tim Burton esque for me
    As I said before MC see them live. By the way I hate Tim Burton 
    They are gonna be here in july. Definitely gonna check it out. 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Tim Burton had a couple good ones, but everything else has just been washy attempts at trying to relive it. I don't really get a Tim Burton vibe from Avatar though. All i can picture now is a carnival alternate to Carach Angren, but with better vocals and stage presence. They said they'll be back to do a full US headliner in the fall, so I'll definitely check it out if it comes nearby. The singer also listed King Diamond, Immortal/Abbath, Dissection and Alice Cooper as his main influences, so obviously he'd be cool as fuck to talk too. Crazy to think they've been around for 16 years now.

As for ITM/Maria Brink; There was definitely a good sized crowd there for them (although, a good portion left after Motionless and Avatar), but mostly just female teens and older pervy dudes. And part of ITM's set was fairly uncomfortable for me to shoot. Not necessarily because of what i was seeing on stage, but because there was a woman with her 10 or 11 year old daughter on the barricade, with her daughter singing along to ever song. Idk about you guys, but seeing a little kid like that, especially a girl, singing "I can be your whore" is a little fucking weird. Talkd to Maria for like half a minute, she seemed nie enough, but i definitely don't get the rock/metal goddess vibe from her at all. 

inb4lists
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    They are gonna be here in july. Definitely gonna check it out. 
    What tour is it? They're playing here again tomorrow to kick off a tour with In Flames and Kataklysm lol
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited May 2017
    They're opening for Hellyeah and Kyng on a few dates this summer around Chicago Open Air and the Wisconsin festivals. They're also headlining a show in Battle Creek this week which is about an hour south of GR.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    oh gross its with hell yeah. maybe not.