Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2010
    Haha. I just noticed a mistake in that part. I meant during the I'VE GOT TO GET AWAY part he was standing on the rail right over us. It was damn cool.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I just found this video. Everytime the two dudes in front of the camera split apart you can see my head. Keep in mind that this was the second to last song so at parts it looks like I'm barely moving my head lol. Hopefully more vids will come soon and the DH one will be released. If it has the soundboard audio I'd be interested to hear what I sounded like lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXI2XMYs_g
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just got back from a fantastic Cynic show. I'll review it in full on Sunday. I have Giant Squid tomorrow afternoon.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Awesome
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2010
    Summer Slaughter - Ft Worth TX

The doors opened at 2:00 but Vital Remains wasn't scheduled to start until 4:30 so my friend, his buddy and I got there about 4:00. Right when we get inside we notice that's it's pretty damn hot. Later turns out that the air conditioning was broken the whole day, needless to say this sucked pretty damn bad but didn't ruin the show in the least bit.

Vital Remains - Wow I really wish I had gone to see these guys before this show, cause they are some damn good performers. Great stage show, great music, great set. I will definitely try to catch these guys the next time they come around. 8.5/10

Animals As Leaders - Ok this was the surprise band of the night for me. I only casually listen to them from time to time and didn't know what to expect from them live, but they really blew me away with their set. The music was spot on and the crowd was pretty into it. 8.5/10

Carnifex - Okay the first time I saw this band I really couldn't have cared less for them, but after watching them last night my opinion of them has changed for the better. Not a band I'd go out of my way to see but they are worth watching at least. Could do without all their ninja dancing fans though. Oh and the singer finally cut his hair, lol. 7/10

Decrepit Birth - Didn't play, never figured out why.

Cephalic Carnage - So after Carnifex I figured I'd go up to the front row just for the hell of it and ended up right in front of the stage for this band. Been wanting to see this group for awhile now and finally got the chance. They certainly didn't disappoint and played great, all the band members were going crazy on stage. Very happy that I got to see this band up close. 8/10

Veil Of Maya - I got the hell out of the way of the front row cause I didn't feel like getting hit by crowdsurfing hardcore kids. Nothing against this band however, they were fun as hell to watch plus even though I don't really listen to them much, I found myself liking every song they played. Might have to check these guys out some more. 7.5/10

The Red Chord - One of the main reasons I was there. Guy is funny as hell on stage and everyone was really into their music. Solid set that kept me more than entertained throughout, can't wait to see them again. 8/10

All Shall Perish - Haters gonna hate but I'm not going to lie, this is my favorite band on the tour. It was my 4th time seeing them and it seems like each time gets better. I was in the non-ninja pit for their entire set even though the heat was just ridiculous by this point. I was just trying to keep myself standing towards the end of their set. Great performance however and I will for sure be there the next time they come around. 8.75/10

The Faceless - I don't listen to this band much at all but their live show is something that is worth a look. I stood kinda in the back because I was too tired to do anything else. Hopefully next time I see this band I'll be a little more willing to move around. 7.5/10

Decapitated - Okay here's the deal, my friend's buddy was wanting to leave early and I was too tired to care what we did at that point. I had intended on watching this band but ending up leaving before they came on. I'm not too happy with it but oh well, shit happens.

Still had one hell of a good time at the show. If you are questioning whether you should go, just do it, you won't be disappointed.
    Post edited by That_Guy_Arlo on
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Giant Squid today!

I'll review both today
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I'd kick my friend's ass if he made me miss Decapitated.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Kind of a shitty review...but whatever. I had fun...got my money's worth. Got a girl's Mayhem tank top.

Mayhem Camden July 23rd Review

First off, I woke up at 9:30ish and it was already over 90 degrees. Holy hell, it was hot. So, I went with a group of unexperieced concert goers (minus my brother because I drag him to everything so he knew what to expect), my friend Lauren was dumb and wore heels and we didn't get there till 1/2 was through Norma Jean since we were hunting for cheap parking.

Norma Jean - First band of the day. I was disappointed that we got there 1/2 way through, but the few songs I knew were pretty good. I hung in the back for them. 6/10

Beyond the Scar - Local band that has played Mayhem before. Went to get drinks during their set and dipped under the hoses. ?/10...Hoses: 11480247/10

Winds of Plague - They got the crowd riled up. My 2nd time seeing them. They did not disappoint. Though I may not be a fan persay, pretty damn good. 6.5/10

Shadows Fall - Mother fucking Amazing. I love these guys live. I crowd surfed 3 times. Fucking killer. 8/10
    King of Nothing
    War
    Thoughts Without Words
    Still I Rise
    The Power of I and I
    Bark At The Moon (Ozzy Osbourne cover)
    The Light That Blinds

3 Inches of Blood - Skipped them because the craziness of Shadows Fall dehydrated me. ?/10

CHIMAIRA - I've been trying to see these guys for years. I wish they had a longer set. Mark Hunter's vocals were great, they were all spot on. 8/10
    Black Heart
    Pleasure In Pain
    Power Trip
    Secrets Of The Dead
    Resurrection
    Pure Hatred

Atreyu - They were originally billed to close out the second stages, but for some reason they were bumped up earlier, which made me happy so I didn't miss any of them. Brandon Saller looks dumb with his head shaved, but that didn't impaire his singing. My 4 or 5 time seeing them, can't remember, but they were great, but I've seen them do MUCH better. 7/10
    Bleeding Mascara
    Becoming the Bull
    Gallows
    Right Side of the Bed
    You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi cover)
    Someone's Standing on My Chest
    Ex's and Oh's
    Lip Gloss and Black

Hatebreed - Went to get hydrated and dip in the hose again. Don't like them anyway. ?/10

In This Moment - Went to fight for my spot in the pit for the mainstage...so I skipped them. Didn't give a shit about them anyway. ?/10

Five Finger Death Punch - I may not go out of my way to listen to them on CD, but they are fucking awesome live. Definitely got the pit moving. 7/10.
    (not in order)
    Burn it Down
    Salvation
    No One Gets Left Behind
    Bad Company (Bad Company cover)
    The Way of the Fist
    Never Enough
    The Bleeding

Lamb of God - They are so much better as a headliner. The pit got crazy, but not Lamb of God-worthy crazy. Bit disappointed, but still enjoyed them. 7/10
    The Passing
    In Your Words
    Set to Fail
    Walk With Me In Hell
    Now You've Got Something To Die For
    Laid to Rest
    Redneck
    Black Label

Rob Zombie - My 3rd time seeing Mr. Zombie and he never fails to bedazzle me. I wont go into detail because I'm still tired from it, but Rob Zombie coaxed John 5 into smashing his guitar. Hah! It was great. Pit was full of dancing. :)Fucking great stage set up....didn't expect anything less. 11/10
    What Lurks on Channel X?
    Superbeast
    Scum of the Earth
    Living Dead Girl
    More Human Than Human
    Sick Bubble-Gum
    House of 1000 Corpses
    Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)
    Mars Needs Women
    Thunder Kiss '65
    ----encore----
    Dragula

Korn - This was my first time seeing Korn and they were definitely tight and great. The pit was jostling around and getting into every fucking song. I loved it. I caught Fieldy's pick. :) 10/10
    Right Now
    Twist
    Here to Stay
    Did My Time
    Oildale (Leave Me Alone)
    Falling Away From Me
    Somebody Someone
    Let the Guilt Go
    Freak on a Leash
    Blind
    Shoots and Ladders / One
    Clown
    Got the Life
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    wow, 3 from Korn (the album). Shame they don't play A.D.I.D.A.S live anymore. way back in the day, one of my friends mentioned liking that song, and the idiot me thought it was about soccer! Back then, korn didn't really get radio play, so i had never heard of them
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Ya'll Want A Single is pretty much unheard of nowdays too. Tragic.

And they didn't play Twisted Transistor or Coming Undone. Very Tragic.

inb4seeyouontheothersidesucked
    I love winning with women
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    i hated coming undone always have
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    ^ That's like my favorite song of theirs
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    that set almost looks like 'greatest hits' + 2 new songs.

And yes to Right Now (love that song
    edited July 2010
    The only time I saw Korn, they played Ya'll Want A Single..that was last year Alex

You like them apples?

I was wearing a Korn SHIRT yesterday and we stopped at this chick that I barely knows house..This kids saw my shirt and just randomly starting SINGING Coming Undone as he was walking past me...and that was it. I was like wtf?
    image Photobucket
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    ^ u like leaving out words
    I like to play mind games.

You're subconscious is going crazy right now
    image Photobucket
    Holy shit I can't play that off, I just sound retarded
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Ya'll Want A Single is pretty much unheard of nowdays too. Tragic.

And they didn't play Twisted Transistor or Coming Undone. Very Tragic.

inb4seeyouontheothersidesucked
    They played Single and Coming Undone when I saw them last year.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    I like the Coming Undone Wit It mix.