Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i was just at altec and teggart
    i should have stayed though, if i died next to AJ id be fine with that
    imageimage
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    i was just at altec and teggart
    i should have stayed though, if i died next to AJ id be fine with that
    if i died on the desk mitch was sitting behind id be happy
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    mitch was sitting behind a desk?
    imageimage
    it was intense kayla legit teared up
    i really need something signed by AA!
    imageimage
    ive gotten things signed by underoath suicide silence and cannibal corpse and will from aiden
    edited July 2010
    i didnt get anything signed today
    I SHOULD HAVE STAYED
    imageimage
    NEVER LEAVE EARLY FIGHT THROUGH THE PAIN
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    pictures of the hottest fucking girl ever will come soon...

????????<_>
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OK, so where to fucking start.......

Let me just say, this is the first time I've ever felt out of place at a Metal show. The old people outnumbered the Teens/younger dudes for once lol. It was odd. This also kinda dampened the experience, because even during motherfucking MAIDEN, the crowd was dead, not much more than whistling, clapping, and some "MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN!" chants. Didn't even see much headbanging. 2 other things that dampened the show for me, was the fact of how far back my seat was, and I HATE the First Midwest Bank Ampitheater, everything echoes terribly, and I understood very little of Bruce's stage banter due to that. :/

Well I got there just as Dream Theater was playing Home, and got to see Constant Motion, Panic Attack, and Pull Me Under, they were fucking perfect, but they might as well have been a no name local band, because it seemed as if I was the only one who actually gave a shit about them. >_> :/ 10/10

IRON FUCKING MAIDEN: What is there to say? I'm absolutely speechless over them still. They're living legends and for a goddamn reason. If they had played classics, this would have easily been the best show I've ever seen, but since I don't listen to Dance Of Death or A Matter Of Life And Death all that much, I found myself getting a bit bored during the 5 songs from those albums. :/ But The Wicker Man and Ghost Of The Navigator can't be explained in words. I'm surprised I didn't blow my voice out screaming those songs. The Wicker Man was such an epic way to start the show. Their stage set-up was easily the best I've ever seen. And I'm amazed that these guys are like 60, and they're the most energetic band I've ever seen live. Bruce was literally all over the place. When they played Blood Brothers, they dedicated it to Dio and said (Like I said, it was very hard to understand Bruce due to the echo.) Dio is making Rainbows In The Dark, and I nearly shed tears, call me a homo for that, I don't give a fuck, but it was an amazing moment for me, it was heartwarming to see them pay tribute to a fellow Metal Musician. Screamed like crazy for Brave New World as well. I love that album in general, so all 4 songs that they played from it were incredible. When Eddie came on stage, that was an incredibly epic moment, just like I thought it would be, funny that a Puppet (Or unknown dude in a suit lolz.) is so iconic. He destroyed one of their Guitars lolz, he threw to the side of the stage. El Dorado live was really good, however, that song is kinda eh for me right now anyways. When they went offstage before the encore, the crowd went absolute batshit insane for an encore, probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd get. It was fucking mental. I lost control for Number Of The Beast and just screamed every line at the top of my lungs. Fucking legendary song, and I finally saw it live. Kinda hard to believe, but that wasn't the best, oh no.
    HALLOWED.
    BE.
    THY.
    NAME.
    After seeing that song live, I could never see a live show again and be happy. (Well....not really, but you know what I'm saying. :P) Holy. FUCK. I can't even describe it. The band took on a God-like presence for me when they were playing it. It seemed unreal. It's the best live song I've EVER seen. It was so unbelievably beyond perfect. They should of closed the show with that song, but as everyone knows, they ended with Running Free. As a lot of other people on here have said, I'm not much of a fan of Running Free, but it was fun nonetheless and got the crowd going crazy. But WOW. Legendary night for me. I now truly know the meaning of "You haven't seen a Metal show until you've seen Maiden." it embodied everything a Metal show SHOULD be. (Coulda used a bit more carnage, but eh. :P) I feel proud to say I saw them. I saw living legends perform live. I feel like I accomplished something. Such a rewarding experience. I wish I could re-live it a couple dozen more times. Behemoth is still the best show I've ever seen, but for obvious reasons, but this comes in so very close, and like I said, had they played classics, this would have been number one, no question about it. I really hope this isn't the true "Final Frontier" because I need to see them at least one more time, but if I don't, then I won't regret it, because at least I got to see them once. My only regret is that Studio Maiden will never sound as good anymore. 11/10
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Since the people that are going to the DC show have already seen the setlist and such, I suppose posting the review here is acceptable now. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "but since I don't listen to Dance Of Death or A Matter Of Life And Death all that much, I found myself getting a bit bored during the 5 songs from those albums. :/"

So you say that you got a bit bored for 5 entire songs and the show was still an 11/10?

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore but come on...
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I was bored for 0 songs
    image Photobucket
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^Yes! How can you even get bored at a Maiden show??
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^Yes! How can you even get bored at a Maiden show??
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    were you able to avoid spoilers jay?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Yes, though once I saw the shirts I knew what the opener was lol.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage