Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    His show at Mayhem actually was quite different than the previous time
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I like Zombie's show. Its fun. :-??
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    this is just like satan was saying. this washed up rocker gets by on his stage show
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I didnt really get how it was different tbh. I was told the same thing by my friend before we got to the venue, but it really just seemed like the same show. I enjoy seeing him perform, but I was expecting something very different.
    I love winning with women
    with reviews like that and whoever wrote the review that was saying he was sucking air pretty much every song(something hes been doing for 3 years maybe longer) im justified in my bailing.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    He played Super Charger Heaven at my date. \m/ That made the set for me. I actually wanted more new songs.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I kinda wanted to hear them play Lords Of Salem, but I was not standing through an hour of shit before Zombie's set.
    inb4lists
    looking at past sets he has been playing pretty much the same set ive seen him play everytime. you have more than 20 songs.
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Zombie kicks ass.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Zombie talked up is 2012 rotr show saying it was going to be bigger than ever. There was like .5 percent more pyro and that was it.
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It was a big fireworks finale
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    like ive never seen fireworks before. all you guys are backing my point. move along.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hey captain butthurt I wasn't talking up zombie just pointing out what he added to our rotr set chuck was talking about.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    so he had the same old boring show and then some fireworks.

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Mayhem Festival - Dallas TX - 8/4/2013

Got to the venue pretty damn early and just chilled in my car with the A/C blasting for awhile. I had my neighbor come along to Mayhem with me again this year, he's not huge into heavy music, but loved it last year so he was really excited to come again. We waited in my car until about 15min before the doors were supposed to open and went to the back of the big ass line that had formed. We ended up missing Thrown Into Exile because of it but I wasn't even planning on seeing them anyway. Again, not scoring the bands and will try to keep it brief.

Huntress - Walked up to the stage seconds before they went on, still a fairly small crowd but they played really well. Definitely not a perfect fit for Mayhem but I really enjoyed their more old-school sound and their singer wasn't as bad as I had expected. She missed a couple high notes but whatever. The rest of the band sounded great and seemed to enjoy themselves. There wasn't much crowd interaction going on but I suppose that's what happens when a more traditional metal band plays early for a crowd of white trash radio rock fans. Also caught a pick, sweet.

Attika 7 - Lol skipped

Battlecross - Ended up watching them from back in the shade so I really didn't get the full experience. The crowd seemed to eat them up though so that was good but I really needed to be closer.

Motionless In White - Here's the first band that I really wanted to see and they were pretty fun to watch. Love the stage presence from the whole band although I'll admit they might want a different dude doing clean vocals live, just saying. Also, the setlist could have been better as they only played 2 songs that weren't new. So yeah, not my favorite set from them but oh well, it was still kept me entertained.

Butcher Babies - Only watched one song cause Danny Worsnop of Asking Alexandria came on stage with them to sing. Once that was over I bailed.

Born Of Osiris - Another band I really wanted to see and they killed it. They were a major disappointment on Warped last year so it was great to see them come back from that and play an awesome set. Sound was spot on, the band went wild, and the crowd loved it too. Also, they didn't play any songs from Higher Place so that was even better. They did play one new song though that sounds a lot like their Discovery work so I'm really excited to hear the rest of the stuff they put out. Can't wait to see them again sometime.

Job For A Cowboy - This was my 6th time seeing them so I've become pretty used to them at this point. They put on a fun set complete with 2 songs off Doom so that made me happy but once they were about 3/4 of the way done I went and chilled in the shade. If you haven't seen them before (idk how at this point but whatever) definitely check them out but if you have there wasn't really anything different that I could point out about their Mayhem set.

Emmure - Haters gonna hate but these guys fucking brought it. Also the only band of the day where I saw karate kids start flailing around, thought that was funny. Setlist was good although I wish they'd play an old Gallows hit but I'm not complaining about what they had (other than Drug Dealer Friend, that song is just dumb). The band also played well, although how hard can it be to play breakdowns for 30 min straight, but whatever. Went fucking HAM during Solar Flare Homicide doe, that shit is my jam. Emmure 4 lyfe

Machine Head - Bought an Asking Alexandria shirt for $5 during their set and dipped the fuck out. Didn't watch them at all.

Children Of Bodom - Skipped them as well, kinda regret it.

Amon Amarth - Best band of the entire day. Hadn't seen them in well over 4 years and they were incredible. Loved the huge viking ship and the stage setup. The band was just headbanging like crazy the whole time and I loved every second of it. Even the songs I wasn't familiar with I loved and the crowd seemed to get into them a good amount for a main stage opener. Their 35 min set honestly felt like 10 min as it was over so quick, but I'm glad I was at least able to see them again and hope for another opportunity soon.

Mastodon - Alright, they're cool and all, but I just didn't get into them as much as I would have liked. The first two songs were fucking great as I recognized both of them (as with much of their older work believe it or not) but once they started into the Hunter material I just slowly lost interest as the set went along. Again, the songs were fine, but jesus christ can you throw a nigga a bone and play some more older shit?

Five Finger Death Punch - 5th time seeing this band and it was probably their worst set yet. The mic kept cutting in and out during the first couple songs which got Ivan pissed off (LOL) and I couldn't even hear the lead guitar until the 3rd song, talk about sloppy. Ivan also kept bitching about this spotlight that was on him, it was weird. And ok I'm gonna rant for a second here too, but how in the fucking world do you only play 9 damn songs in an hour long set? Instead of having a stupid drum solo and taking sooooo much time to let all these little kids on stage and making jokes and bragging about how you played in Iraq and how America is awesome for the 14th time how about you play some more god damn songs???? Shit. I would honestly be ok if I didn't see these guys again. I did catch a pick from them doe.

Rob Zombie - Awesome set as expected. John 5 was right in front of me the whole time so I had a blast just watching him play. Love the stage setup Zombie has going on and while the setlist wasn't perfect, I was happy with it. Plenty of pyro and stage props to even keep the non-fans entertained and if you still don't like it then just stare at the endless amounts of topless women, seriously, there were so damn many. They were also filming a DVD so there were cameras everywhere which was pretty cool. I'll definitely have to check it out once they release it. But anyways, fun set, nothing new from what happened at the other dates other than the cameras and the fact that John 5's guitar just straight up died during his solo when Zombie was walking in the crowd which caused this long awkward silence until he got back to the stage lol. Overall though it was a great way to end Mayhem for me as I was tired as shit by the end of the day. Till next year!
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    They were filming for the DvD at our date as well. Sherri Moon came out before sick bubblegum zombie was in a Flyers jersey for the Broad St. Bullies movie
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Arlo I told you 5fdp did that "America" shit non stop when i saw them at tresspass [-X
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

Ivan also kept bitching about this spotlight that was on him, it was weird.

He kept doing that at my date too. It really pissed my friend off =))
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    cuz angsty fag bands with tons of money run out of legit reasons to be madd