Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

Both TSS and TBDM started at the same time so I had to only choose one. I ended up with this mushy lovey-dovey pop rock band

RIP Todd
    inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    like i fucking care he missed the best on the tour

like i fucking care he missed the best on the tour

Yeah it's w/e though, he also missed TBDM too.
    inb4lists
    bro letlive suckz dick get over it
    edited August 2013
    Out of every band I saw at both Warped dates, I'd put TBDM at 3rd best......maybe 4th,
    inb4lists
    yeah because they pretty much had no crowd. next.
    Reel Big Fish were probably the most fun set of the day, and I normally don't like pop punk at all, but The Wonder Years were great.
    inb4lists

yeah because they pretty much had no crowd. next.

They had at least 150 or so watching them both times, and they played early.
    inb4lists
    150 compared to all the other scene fag bands with 500
    It's warped tour, what do you expect <____>
    inb4lists
    edited August 2013
    amon amarth played runes to my memory, cry of the blackbirds, guardians of asgaard, and vikings of maalkryad(sp0) \m/
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2013
    The Killers - Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica

First of two back to back shows, the other being Black Sabbath today. Anyway, it was my first time at the venue and goddamn is it nice. It's right on the water with the city in the background, relatively small and completely general admission. My mom and I got there shortly before the first band, The Virgins hit the stage. I was surprised that I'd never heard of them, but I wasn't all that impressed with their set anyway. I'd probably dig em if I listened to them. Shortly after their set, naturally the crowd started moving. We shift over and into this empty space where this guy goes "You're going to have to move, we have wives here." I just go "cool" and keep standing there. He starts bitching some more and I go on about how everybody here paid the same amount and if you want your wife to stand right there, maybe she should be right now. Then he says "well it's going to get uncomfortable if you stand there" I just laugh like "Dude it's going to be uncomfortable regardless" Then he goes on about how we can't show up late and run up front to which my mom tells him we were there longer than him because she knows his wife is this big ass tarzan looking motherfucker. Seriously this chick was wearing flip flops and taller than me. Anyway eventually they shut the fuck up because tons of other people started to fill the space as predicted.

Finally The Killers are up. The come out playing Mr. Brightside to everyones delight of course. I like it when bands come out playing one of their top hits. They jump through Spaceman, The Way it Was, and Bling Confessions of a King, hitting all their albums right off the bat. Did their Shadowplay cover again before Brandon did a short take of Human on the piano. I assumed this would be all of it after they jumped into Miss Atomic Bomb, but a couple songs later they played Human completely. They played Change Your Mind which hadn't been on any of the previous few setlists which pumped me up. There was a ton of crowd interaction from Flowers who seemed to be having a great ass time along with everyone else in the band. They closed off with All These Things that I've Done before coming out for the encore with Flesh and Bone which hadn't been on any setlist for a long ass time and I was sure I wasn't going to get to see. Obviously that made me happy as hell and then they played When You Were Young. Apparently Battle Born was on the set but not played. Either way we've got the longest setlist for the past few shows. Personally, as far as expected setlists I could get from The Killers go, this might have been perfect. Definitely among my best shows for the year, and I've got no shame saying I'm not sure Black Sabbath can top it tonight.

Mr. Brightside
    Spaceman
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Bling (Confession of a King)
    Shadowplay (Joy Division cover)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    Somebody Told Me
    I Think We're Alone Now (Tommy James & the Shondells cover)
    Change Your Mind
    For Reasons Unknown
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Go All the Way (The Raspberries cover)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    All These Things That I've Done
    ----
    Flesh and Bone
    When You Were Young
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited August 2013
    Not sure If black sabbath can top the killers :|
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    The Killers :-q
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    walked out yelling zombie sucks you seen him once you seen em a million times. peoples jimmies were getting rustled i was getting yelled at from all different directions =))
    was gonna inb4 that but 0
    robb said i was about to see the show of my life next i just yaominged so hard :|