Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Badass Ape \m/
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Thank you sir
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    THE_snert said:

I love it when the picks or drumsticks look all worn out from playing. It adds a little something to the memorbilia.

Yeah I have to agree. I actually have a drumstick that straight up almost split in two \m/

It was from Smash Mouth doe :-S
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Haha I can relate to that experience with that bitchy chick. Every time Chevelle comes to Lupo's it sells out and the crowd gets crazy pushing and whatnot, but last time there was this middle aged couple in front of me on the rail. Before Chevelle came on she turned around and loudly stated "you better stay the fuck off of my back". I just sort of blankly stared at her and her husband even turned and was like "yeah she doesn't know what she's talking about". Once the band came on they got off the rail.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Fuck bitches, especially at shows.

inb4thatmeanstwothings
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Veil was awesome as expected \m/ \m/ \m/

I love winning with women
    Were they headlining?
    No The Word Alive is on right now :\

Oh well. Cant win em all.
    You're at a Parkway Drive show, and all you mention is Veil?
    Parkway isn't here. TWA headlines with VoM as support. First date of the tour is in San Diego tomorrow. This is just a pre'tour date. Only one though :-bd
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alex said:

Parkway isn't here\

I was about to say...

But yeah, Veil is much better than The Word Alive. Glad you enjoyed it!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Can't wait for PWD in 2 weeks \m/
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2013
    Wish I could see VoM. :-<
    The Word Alive/Veil of Maya
    Tucson, AZ 3/28/13

We got there just before the last local went on. Holy shit they were horrible. They CLOSED with a cover of Walk, in which they replaced almost every word with "FIGHT" so the song would go
    "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! .... WHADIDYASAY?!?!??!" and the crowd just ate it up. Pain in testicles.

Veil of Maya - So good, so so good. Front row the whole time. No Dark Passenger, but I'm glad in a way because they've played that each time I've seen them and I appreciate switching it up. Wish they would have put Martyrs in there somewhere. But I got to sing part of INSTST \m/ 11/10

The Word Alive - Not the worst but far from great. They get a good response because they're from here but I can't imagine they go over that well everywhere they go. 4/10
    edited March 2013
    As we arrived to Ybor City I realized we still had 45 minutes to kill so we went to the McDonalds for some deliciousness right near the venue and once we finished we headed to the Ritz Ybor. Once we got there we headed around back to meet up with Colin from Circa Survive for an interview, which we ended up having to do twice because my camera man i guess forgot to press record the first time Lol, but Colin was a very cool guy, and he was nice enough to redo to the interview for us, and after taking a couple pictures with us we got our tickets and headed inside for the sold out show.

Now, Now - Pretty much no one in the entire crowd knew who they were, they reminded me of Tegan & Sara but with a similar Circa Survive sound to it, the crowd seemed to really enjoyed them and so did I for the most part, an overall good opener to the tour. - 7/10

Minus The Bear - My favorite band of the night, these guys are good ol' bluesy rock n' roll, which is far from what they sound like on record. The singer looked like Zach Galifianakis' skinner younger brother, which was slightly amusing to the crowd, it was also a little funny when the guitarist did an Irish Jig a couple times when there were no guitar parts. I'm probably the only person in the crowd who enjoyed them more than CS, but I'm very big into blues rock. Anyways, a great performance from a great band, go check them out if you haven't already. - 9/10

Circa Survive - I've never been a massive fan but I do enjoy a lot of their music, Anthony Green is such an incredible vocalist, and even more so live, his vocals are so incredibly haunting and melodic, I honestly can't think of anyone who sounds exactly like he does. The surprising part was there was a huge pit for 80% of their set, also Spencer Chamberlain from Underoath was in the crowd next to me and I was knocked into him once or twice in the pit. This was all in all an amazing lineup and a very memorable show, if you even remotely like any of these bands, go see this tour if it comes near you. - 9/10
    --
    Circa Survive

1)Glass Arrows
    2)In Fear And Faith
    3)Stop The Fuckin' Car
    4)Brother Song
    5)Birth Of The Economic Hitman
    6)Sharp Practice
    7)Semi Constructive Criticism
    8)Living Together
    9)Suitcase
    10)House Of Leaves
    11)Your Friends Are Gone
    12)The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is in The Dose
    13)Get Out

Minus The Bear

1)Steel And Blood
    2)The Fix
    3)Secret Country
    4)My Time
    5)Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse
    6)Knights
    7)Diamond Lightning
    8)Toska
    9)Into The Mirror
    10)Listing
    11)Double Vision Quest
    12)Pachuca Sunrise
    13)Drilling

Now, Now

1)Prehistoric
    2)Wolf
    3)Oh, Hi
    4)Lucie Too
    5)Roommates
    6)Magnet
    7)Thread

Post edited by ... on
    inb4lists
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Slap is your metal alliance date tonight? Whenever it is will you review?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    It's tonight. I'll for sure review. Just know now I'm mainly going for Anthrax and High on Fire, so they'll most likely take the cake for me.
    mrAPE said:

Slap is your metal alliance date tonight? Whenever it is will you review?

Anthrax/MW/HG merch picz please? :-\"
    inb4lists