Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Well see marc cast some kind of mexican black magic spell over leah which would make her return to give bjs all day. That and leah realized how much pittsburgh is a shit hole.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Video I recorded last night in Philly of Finch playing "Ender".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bP6GjxrQl8
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Yawning Man was fantastic

Not much to say other than the show was well worth the drive and the Palm Desert rock scene is super chill.

I love winning with women
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    And this is from Flogging Molly last night down at the beach park...

I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    FM are so incredibly fun live, need to see them again.
    inb4lists
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    Jucifer this past Friday was really awesome! a lot more people were at the venue than the last time they came here to Iowa City. If any of you dont know their set up is a giant wall of amps and the show is LOUD!!! my ears melted right off that night! I cant really tell you the setlist because it is kind of hard to tell due to how loud the amps are. I will admit Jucifer probably isn't for everyone but it is a unique band to check out.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2013
    South By So What?! - Grand Prairie TX - 3/16/2013

Went to what was basically mini-Warped Tour on Saturday and saw a shit ton of bands with a couple of friends and my gf. Gonna keep the reviews real brief as most of yall for 1 don't wanna read too much and 2 probably won't give a shit about these bands anyway. I'm also not gonna give any scores cause it was all outdoors with sound problems plaguing one of the stages (which happened to be the one that I spent most of my time at). Also, the festival was at a minor league baseball stadium, which actually made it better since there were plenty of unused seats to watch bands from. So anyways, onto the review:

Conflicts - Standard metalcore. Nothing new here other than the fact they had a black lead singer.

Indirections - Local metalcore band from here in Dallas, not bad.

Adestria - First band I was actually familiar with. Pretty good stuff, will probably check them out a bit more.

Capture The Crown - Really got the crowd moving, a lot of Asking Alexandria meets Attack Attack with their synth breakdowns and crab-core moves. They were entertaining doe.

Betraying The Martyrs - Their sound was shit and they only played like 3 songs. I really need to see this band indoors to get a better taste of how they sound.

Issues - Great set from this group that also got cut to 3 songs due to time constraints. More of a pop meets core sound from these guys. Can't wait for them to release more material.

Woe, Is Me - Go figure these guys would be the next ones I saw. I like their latest album but it's just not the same hearing the older songs from a totally different group of people. They need to change their name.

I, The Mighty - Softer band that was a nice change of pace. Small crowd watching them but they still put on a good show, also sounded really well.

Norma Jean - Ended up catching the final 3 songs from them and really enjoyed what I heard. Outstanding stage presence btw.

Confide - Impressed the hell out of me. Never have listened to them much but they put on a very good show. Also can't recognize a single member of the band now thanks to their "adult" haircuts.

Oh Sleeper - Local band that I haven't been able to see before and ended up watching them a bit further back in the seats. Nothing spectacular but still another solid act, might get a bit closer if I were to see them again though.

Enter Shikari - My most anticipated band of the day. Awesome set as usual with Rou running all over the crowd during the first and last songs (during which he threw a recycling bin into the crowd that spilled out over everyone in the front few rows, kinda weird/gross but whatever) and the band jumping around all over the stage. Plenty of electronic goodness from these guys as well that made for a fun ass set.

Upon A Burning Body - Just saw this band a couple months ago but they don't get old for me. Heavy stuff from this group from right here in great state of Texas, they always seem to be a band that can really get the crowd going nuts.

Chelsea Grin - The singer's mic didn't work for the first song which was pretty lulzy, other than that pretty much what you'd expect from a Chelsea Grin show. Even though I'm familiar with them now their live show still just seems like one long breakdown.

Motionless In White - Only caught like 3 1/2 songs before ducking out. I really like this band but I figured I'd see them again soon enough. They pull quite a cult following though and their stage show is actually quite entertaining to watch.

Riff Raff - I didn't see him cause fuck that but my gf caught the last part of his set. She described it as the worst shit she's ever seen. I got a beer instead :-bd

Forever The Sickest Kids - Another local group that for some reason had more bass drops than any other band I saw up to that point. Best sounding band I heard all day and their sound was definitely a relief from all the heavier bands. Great pop-punk group with tons of energy.

Outasight - A rapper/pop-artist from New York that is known for his hit single "Tonight Is The Night". Honestly though he was really good, even though he had literally the smallest crowd of the day (Chiodos was playing on the other stage so yeah...). Sound quality was superb and his band put on a fun performance. Would actually like to see him again.

The Ready Set - I must have been one of like 3 dudes in the whole crowd. Didn't care though cause I really wanted to see this band (no homo). Soooo much bass that seemed to be a little much at times but it got better as the set went on thankfully. Loved every minute of the show they put on regardless of how many man-points I lost in the process.

Breathe Carolina - Straight up felt like I was in a fucking dance club during this whole set. Stood 2nd row and jumped & danced around for all 45 minutes they were on stage. They sounded much better than the last two times I had seen them, such a great way to close out what was a very very long day for me.

Oh and I skipped All That Remains.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I don't understand why anybody even fucks with Riff Raff.
    Im proud of you for skipping all that remains. I weep for you even going to the show. Now the strange part for me I actually enjoyed betraying the martyrs at mayhem last year. Their energy was probably the reason for that. Maybe I was just glad to watch someone better than devil wears prada and asking alexandria
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I'm not really a fan, but TDWP weren't that bad at our Mayhem date, fuck AA.
    inb4lists
    edited March 2013
    Ill do a full review it was very eventfull but before I forget im going to try and post the setlist from memory

Same old trip
    Jars
    Meddler
    Pinata
    Forfeit
    Closure
    Comfortable liar
    The fad
    Dazed and confused intro
    The red
    Hats off to the bull
    Face to the floor
    The clincher
    Vitamin r
    Get some
    I get it
    Sleep apnea
    Send the pain below
    Family system
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Lots of jelly :))

I hate crowds that just stand there
    It was bullshit
    I woulda just started a pit
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Glad you had a great time Ape! :-bd
    I love it when the picks or drumsticks look all worn out from playing. It adds a little something to the memorbilia.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I really like that Celtic shirt
    imageimage
    The sticker on the shirt hanging on the wall said limited edition. Im guessing it was just for this short tour run in the states