Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I'll see what I can do.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't care about pics I've just been wanting to read a full review and haven't got that yet. Do you get the full lineup?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:

I don't care about pics I've just been wanting to read a full review and haven't got that yet. Do you get the full lineup?

Yes sir. Holy Grail, MW, HoF, Exodus, and Anthrax
    Im excited to see everyone except for holy grail
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Holy Grail are fine by me. I have no gripes with any of the bands on the line-up
    That song someone posted on here the other day was atrocious
    IF memory serves me right they're decent trad metal band.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:

Listen to the first EP faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CypfWiDvpA8
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Thats on the first album too doe. I liked the first one.
    Brian said:

mrAPE said:

Listen to the first EP faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CypfWiDvpA8
    Is better but still meh
    Metal Alliance - San Francisco, CA -- March 28th, 2013

So, apparently there was some huge mixup in information between the venue and the touring bands, which caused the show to start early and have the first three bands sets cut 5 minutes. There was a hell of line getting in, so we missed half of Holy Grail's set. Also, the times in between bands was super short. The longest was between Exodus and Anthrax but that was like maybe 20 minutes, probably less.

Holy Grail: Not too much I can say really. They mainly played thrashier songs on this tour, but they're definitely still trad metal. Lots of cool harmonized guitar leads and stuff. The band was energetic and super appreciative for the early birds. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Municipal Waste: These guys are a blast. Tons of awesome, energetic and fun thrash metal. The dudes are really funny in between songs and of course had the crowd moshing hard during their set. Even with having their set 5 minutes, they played 11 songs.

Muncipal Waste
    1. Intro
    2. Unleash the Bastards
    3. The Thrashin' of the Christ
    4. Sadistic Magician
    5. You're Cut Off
    6. Authority Complex
    7. Beer Pressure
    8. Thrashing's My Business (And Business is Good)
    9. Headbanger Face Rip
    10. Mind Eraser
    11. The Art of Partying

High on Fire: It's always a pleasure seeing Matt Pike and co. and unlike every other time I've seen Matt Pike preform live, he was wearing a shirt :-O. They sounded great, and got a pretty decent crowd response, they just didn't have any pits going, which I don't mind at all. They mainly played material off their last two albums. I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing Snakes for the Divine live. That song is sooooo fucking good. For most other people going, the set list will also include Fertile Green, assuming you don't get cut set times.

High on Fire
    Rumors of War
    Frost Hammer
    Madness of an Architect
    Snakes for the Divine

Exodus: These guys brought it fucking hard. Could because they get that special bay area treatment, but crowd was going nuts for Exodus. They played really well, and Gary Holt is an awesome guitar player. Rick Hunolt came out for Strike of the Beast, which I probably would've appreciated more if I listened to Exodus :)). But these guys were nuts and had the crowd going wild. Circle pits, walls of death, you name it, it happened. I'd definitely like to see these guys again.

1. The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
    2. A Lesson in Violence
    3. War is My Shepherd
    4. Piranha
    5. Blacklist
    6. Bonded by Blood
    7. The Toxic Waltz
    8. Strike of the Beast (with Rick Hunolt)
    9. Good Riddance

Anthrax: It was cool to finally see these guys, and I really liked to first half of the set, but I honestly would've preferred if they just blazed through Among The Living, and didn't stick in the Worship Music song and the stupid fucking TNT cover in there. But it was kind of cool I guess because Kirk Hammet came out for the TNT cover. But I just wanted Anthrax material the whole time. Near the end of their set though, I was starting to get really thirsty and the heat was killing me, so I didn't really care about the encore. Either way, Among the Living was total fun, and the band sounds absolutely great.

1. Among the Living
    2. Caught in a Mosh
    3. I Am the Law
    4. NFL (Efilnikufesin)
    5. Skeletons in the Closet
    6. In the End
    7. TNT (with Kirk Hammett)
    8. March of the SOD
    9. I'm Alive
    10. Indians
    11. One World
    12. ADI/Horror of It All
    13. Imitation of Life
    Encore
    14. I'm the Man
    15. Antisocial
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    SFTD riff>
    I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Did you check out the merch? even if you took no pictures.
    inb4lists
    I didn't. Sorry bud. I was planning on taking photos after but I was dying of thirst so I got the fuck outta there and got water.
    It's fine, I'm sure Anthrax have the same merch they ha at Mayhem + the covers EP cd, and MW probably have the same stuff they ha with napalm death. 2 weeks till our date
    inb4lists
    I don't see why people are surprised and complaining that they'd want a couple songs from Worship Music in the set, personally I'd love to see a Worship Music tour playing the album front to back.
    inb4lists
    For me, I just wanted Worship Music all at once. I didn't want a break in the middle.
    But did you enjoy those 2 songs at all live? I love both of them personally, In The End is such an epic song.
    inb4lists
    In The End was kind of lame, the other was fine.
    I'm honestly kinda surprised they chose those 2 songs from WM to play, i guess they might be tired of Fight Em' Till You Can't a little, but it's such an awesome song live, and Earth On Hell and Devil You Know are great as well.

This is also the first tour they haven't played Madhouse on in a long ass time I believe.

inb4lists