Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I can't wait for my VOM date. Do you remember the Upon a Burning Body setlist.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    UABB Played Texas Blood Money, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, and Intermission to close. More in between, but that's all I remember off the top of my head.
    I love winning with women
    I am sure they played Sin City too.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Can't wait for that tour but with UABB headlining instead \m/
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Alex said:

Texas Blood Money

My personal favorite by them :x
    Adam said:

Probably. I think most of the set was off RWG.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Adam said:

Their best song from the album imo
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I would have liked them more had the Sumerian stage at Mayhem not been complete bullshit.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

Adam said:

Their best song from the album imo
    Predators is my favorite.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Which is why I'm glad they played the Jag stage for my show \m/

But then again we had AILD on the main stage :-<
    inb4lists
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    The Who last night (11/30/12) at the Rosemont Horizon, oops, the Allstate Arena was absolutely fantastic! we've never seen them before and two down, two to go and all . . . got tix at the last minute, decent seats in the lower balcony and right on the main aisle. we didn't expect the back up band, Vintage Trouble, a retro 60's soul style band, who were pretty good. they announced they were doing a meet and greet up behind the section we were in and made their way through the crowd right past us on their way out, so we got to shake their hands as they went by.

during the intermission we were people watching and noticed, not only was the crowd predominantly white, balding fat men in their late 50's but that there were hardly any black people there at all. even in the security staff. there were a couple of black cops who came in to take away two old guys on stretchers right past us. one old guy was obviously having a heart attack - he was ashen white and sweating profusely.

The Who came on and did Quadrophenia with a video array on multi jumbo trons of photo montages that I expected to have more of the movie in it but was mostly just historical footage. they did a great job of incorporating videos of John Entwhistle playing a bass solo for 5:15 and Keith Moon singing Bellboy. Roger is still looking sexy and Pete played like a madman. their voices are rough and they relied on Simon Townshend to sing a bit but he sounds exactly like Pete so it was fine.

they finished to a 5 minute standing ovation while Pete closed his notebook and handed it off to a roadie. they both made speeches about how much they love Chicago and and Pete said, especially that place up north, Alpine Valley ... and the crowd went wild, especially me. I'm praying for a return this summer and a reason to go up there again.

they finished up with Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Pinbal Wizard, Baba O'Reilly, Won't Get Fooled Again and ended with just Pete on acoustic and Roger singing Tea and Theater.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Will post a LOG review in here in a little bit.
    edited December 2012
    Lamb Of God -- December 1st, 2012 -- Detroit, Mi

Arrived at The Fillmore about a half hour before doors and chatted with some guys who won a meet and greet through the LOG fan club. Doors ended up opening a little before 6:00 to my surprise and by the time I made it onto the floor and got one of the last rail spots where I would stay throughout the concert.

Sylosis - Sylosis really surprised me. Prior to the show I had listened to a few of their songs and figured they would be pretty good but damn they were exceptional. They all sounded very tight and the sound was great for them. Though the crowd wasn't exactly going crazy for them it was pretty full and they got a good pit moving for them. They looked extremely appreciative to be where they are and could see them getting even bigger over time. Only complaint they only played for maybe 20 minutes so hopefully I get to see them again. 8/10

Hellyeah - Now I'm not much of a Hellyeah fan but one of the people I went to the show with had their new album and I actually dug a couple of their songs. And their live show wasn't that bad either. They really surprised me tbh they had really good energy and sounded rather heavy. Also the crowd went crazy for them I wasn't really expecting it they had good pits and a lot of crowd surfing. But some of their lyrics are just laughable imo and jesus christ I didn't need to hear after every song "we like to party". But overall they weren't bad or really good. 6/10

War In Me
    Drink Drank Drunk
    Cowboy Way
    Matter of Time
    Stampede
    Band of Brothers
    Rage/Burn
    Hellyeah

In Flames- By this time Brad and Dayna made their way up by Jay where I was a couple spots over from them. But anyways In Flames were fucking awesome! Back when I saw them in January the crowd was kinda dead for them. Not a whole lot of moshing and crowd surfing but this time was totally different right when they come on the place exploded a bunch of crowd surfing and got a nice push up front. I was really surprised how much people knew the lyrics to all the songs. Plus the whole band sounded fucking awesome especially Anders who was being his normal funny self making jokes about our beer we have over here. It was awesome to hear songs like The Mirror's Truth and Reroute To Remain. If it was not for Lamb Of God they would've been my favorite band of the night. Also caught a pick at the end.

Sounds of a Playground Fading
    Where the Dead Ships Dwell
    Reroute to Remain
    Embody the Invisible
    Cloud Connected
    Fear is the Weakness
    The Mirror's Truth
    System
    Deliver Us
    Take This Life
    My Sweet Shadow

Lamb Of God - By this point I was right by Jay and Jay's friend up on the rail after a couple people couldn't handle it during In Flames. After a lengthy wait Log's intro video came on and you could feel the intensity building up then Chris Adler came out and did the opening drum part for Desolation and as the rest of the band came out the place exploded. The push was fucking brutal it rivaled as one of the worst I have been in. People were going apeshit the whole set with a bunch of crowd surfing I couldn't tell how big the pit was but I imagine it was pretty big lol. My friends who came with me were up in the balcony and said the place was packed all the way to the top which I dig a lot. But onto the band they brought a lot of energy and played a great fucking set. Being able to hear songs like Ruin, 11th Hour, and Omerta were definitely the highlights for me. Randy seemed really appreciative to be back on stage which made it even better. The whole band sounded tight as fuck also. I was really cracking up when he was introducing the bands and did his black metal impression for In Flames complete with a black metal riff and some blast beats. They closed the set with one of my favorite songs Laid To Rest then Black Label which was brutal like every time. Overall it was a great fucking set. Even if LOG's years of making great music are past even though I like Resolution lol they still put on a great fucking show and suggest you go if you are into LOG. Also ended up catching one of Willie's pick's at the end. 10/10
    Desolation
    Ghost Walking
    Walk With Me In Hell
    Set To Fail
    Ruin
    Now You've Got Something to Die For
    11th Hour
    The Undertow
    Omerta
    Contractor
    In Your Words
    Laid to Rest
    Redneck
    Black Label

After the show I checked out the merch didn't see anything that peeked my interest and made my way home.
    Shit forgot to post the pictures of the pick's will in a bit.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I want that log pick tuesday
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Stay at the front they throw a ton of them
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I have almost 80 picks and I got about half of them from the front.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    what is it with them and still playing redneck...i mean does anyone really go to there show thinking "man redneck is the one song i want to hear"
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    rexum420 said:

what is it with them and still playing redneck...i mean does anyone really go to there show thinking "man redneck is the one song i want to hear"

Actually, back in January, Alex was dying to hear Redneck when we went.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html