Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Im no longer a fan of shows combining like that chuck. Glad you had a good time though
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Chuck I also cannot wait to see skeletonwitch again
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    If it was just the Red Fang/Black Tusk/Lord Dying tour that joined the Skeletonwitch/Havok/Mutilation Rites tour, I bet they would have got a full set. It's Corrosion of Conformity who had to just take over and fuck everything up. I have a feeling they couldn't sell shit for their own headliner so they jumped on this. I wasn't there to judge for myself, but the entire night the crowd would go nuts whenever the other bands mentioned up was up next until they got to COC and were all "woooo"
    image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xenocide said:

How Heavy This Axe [-(
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Xenocide said:

"Press Start Button"...whatchyaplayin'?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

If it was just the Red Fang/Black Tusk/Lord Dying tour that joined the Skeletonwitch/Havok/Mutilation Rites tour, I bet they would have got a full set. It's Corrosion of Conformity who had to just take over and fuck everything up. I have a feeling they couldn't sell shit for their own headliner so they jumped on this. I wasn't there to judge for myself, but the entire night the crowd would go nuts whenever the other bands mentioned up was up next until they got to COC and were all "woooo"

COC was suppose to play Harpos the same night but I'm guesssing like you said it sold like shit so they hopped on this bill. I was really gonna try and make it but when COC got announced I was excited at first but then it kinda wore out and had no intention on seeing them.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also judging by the youtube videos from the show their is barely anyone there for COC lol
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

Xenocide said:

"Press Start Button"...whatchyaplayin'?
    Call of Duty 4 this morning... now Halo 4
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I noticed quite a few people leaving with me. I was expecting to grab some pizza at that place by the stairs and walk out...had to wait in line like 15 minutes lol
    According to setlist.fm we missed:
    Upon Wings of Black
    Choke Upon Betrayal
    Bringers of Death
    Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
    Of Ash and Torment

Definitely would have loved to seen the all, only one that upsets me though is Bringers of Death because I've yet to hear it live.
    image Photobucket
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Bringers Of Death \m/ \m/ \m/
    inb4lists
    edited November 2012
    Here's my review from the show tonight.

Sylosis - I'd only listen to 2 of their songs online and it was ok, but man they surprised me live, they made me thing of a progressive (more modern) Death, their bassist even looks like Digiorgio, but they sounded really good, the musicianship was great, one of the best opening bands I've ever seen, I'll definitely check out their album. - 7/10

Hatebreed - I'm not really much of a fan of their music but they were entertaining live, they were pretty much exactly what i expected though. - 7/10

In Flames - They were one of the first 3 metal bands I ever listened to and really liked, so it's been a long time coming that I've wanted to see them, so needless to say i was pretty excited to see them, and they did not disappoint in the slightest, I sometimes hear how Anders has lost his touch and that he just doesn't sound that great anymore, i don't know who thought that because they were nearly flawless, their setlist could have been better but they sound better than they do on CD, I'll definitely go see them again some time, hopefully with a longer set. - 9/10

Lamb Of God - One of the first modern bands I got into, I was pretty excited to see them, especially with all the hype around Randy get in/out of jail earlier this year, so it was probably 10x as intense as it would have been a year ago, Randy is such an incredible vocalist, and the band was great as well, Willie and Chris Adler are unbelievably talented musicians and mesh together perfectly, unfortunately we ended up having to leave during Omerta, but i still had a great time regardless. - 8/10
    inb4lists
    Setlist

Lamb Of God

1)Desolation
    2)Ghost Walking
    3)Walk With Me In Hell
    4)Set To Fail
    5)Ruin
    6)Now you've Got Something To Die For
    7)11th Hour
    8)The Undertow
    9)Omerta

In Flames

1)Sounds Of A Playground Fading
    2)Where The Dead Ships Dwell
    3)Reroute To Remain
    4)Embody The Invisible
    5)Cloud Connected
    6)Fear Is The Weakness
    7)The Mirror's Truth
    8)System
    9)Deliver Us
    10)Take This Life
    11)My Sweet Shadow

Hatebreed

1)Before Dishonor
    2)Betrayed By Life
    3)Everyone Bleeds Now
    4)In Ashes They Shall Reap
    5)Tear It Down
    6)Last Breath
    7)As Diehard As They Come
    8)Defeatist
    9)Live For This
    10)Doomsayer (w/ Randy Blythe)
    11)Perseverance
    12)I Will Be Heard
    13)Destroy Everything

Sylosis

1)Fear The World
    2)Altered States of Consciousness
    3)Teras
    4)Empyreal
    inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Was that the first time seeing log?
    edited November 2012
    Yes :-<

It was me, my friend Logan, James and Trey, James drove us, anyways in the pit, Trey got knocked over and someone stepped on and broke his glasses, so James had to go to Trey's house to get his other pair and then took him to his house so Trey could get his car.

But right as LoG were setting up, James texted me telling me what happened and said we were gonna have to leave around 45 minutes into LoG.
    inb4lists
    Gay. Log is intense. But Yes i agree, i saw his first show back from jail and he was absolutely into it and he destroyed it.
    I just hope this isn't my last chance to see them :(
    inb4lists
    It Probably is unfortunately :'(
    Ill be making the most of seeing them the 4th. Itll be my 4th time seeing them. Rip Log.