Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    NolaMetal said:

Yeah, he did. And their new keyboardist/backup singer is adorably hot. His name's Elliot Vernon, of the band Windrider.

lol at hot
    What? The guy's hot and adorable. :-?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    so thats what theyre callin dorks these days
    So? :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    dorks are cool [-(
    and pirates are cool [-(
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Dorks are cooler than pirates, but he makes it work. :ar!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    butt pirates > dorks > pirates > douchebags

:ar!
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Instead of doing my own, because this dude is pretty much spot on with what I would have said

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/11/earth_rhythm_room_103112.php
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lazy fuck
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Ginger
    So
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    FAR AWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    doesnt anybody stay in one place anymore
    Huh?
    it would be so fine to see your face at my door
    oic
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dethklok -- Detroit, Mi -- 11/10/12

Arrived at the Fillmore about an hour before doors. Nothing really eventful except these two idiots next to me bet each other whoever could eat a quintuple baconater first got their extra frosty. Well they both ended up eating half and walking back to their car to puke it back up... Ended getting in right on time and secured a spot dead center rail.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Now coming into the show I didn't think much people would care about BDM but I was dead wrong. As the intro came on I could tell this was gonna be another awesome BDM show with pits, crowd surfing, and a lot of pushing right up front. I was really surprised just because they are the opening act on this big tour. Detroit got a soniamproud.jpg As for the show they all sounded spot on the whole night. Alan Cassidy who recently took over the duties of Shannon Lucas was spot on all night and looked really proud of the fact that he was playing with them. It was a shot set but a fun set and a great way to start off the night. Also caught Ryan Knight's pick after the set! 9/10
    A Shrine to Madness
    Moonlight Equilibrium
    On Stirring Seas of Salted Blood
    What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
    Malenchanments of the Necrosphere
    I Will Return

Machine Head - After seeing what BDM did to the place I was really excited to see what Machine Head would bring. After seeing them back in January I knew the set wouldn't compare to that show but I was still fucking pumped to see them again and they delivered! The sound was really good everything sounded so crisp and loud. Now the only thing that threw me off was all the viking shit they are now using. It just kind made me go wut? Machine Head only got 5 songs out of their set time and it was mostly new songs but they all sounded good. It does this band no justice when you see them in a support slot, you need to see them on a headlining tour! Ended getting the setlist it isn't much but its cool. 9/10

This Is the End
    Imperium
    Aesthetics of Hate
    Locust
    Halo

All That Remains - I feel split with their set. All the older songs like "This Calling", "Six", "Becoming The Catalyst" all sounded really good especially Becoming The Catalyst. The we have everything released after those songs which I can not get into at all. Phil actually sounded really good at the show which surprised me. But seriously who the fuck closes with "Two Weeks" that is probably one of the weakest songs they have written and I felt it ended the set on a sour note. But like I said the old shit sounds awesome the new stuff not so much... 7/10
    This Calling
    Dead Wrong
    Six
    Aggressive Opposition
    Hold On
    Down Through The Ages
    Stand Up
    Become The Catalyst
    Two Weeks

Dethklok - It was finally time for Dethklok! I have heard that their live show is amazing and I was not let down. They opened up with "Deththeme" but really got it going with "I Ejaculate Fire" which sounded awesome. All the new songs they played sounded insane live. Their older songs they played like "Murmaider", "Thunderhorse", "Go Into The Water" got the biggest response. Some of the videos they had in between songs had me rolling in laughter and making some of the security guards go what the fuck is this shit? Also it seemed to me a lot of people were to busy watching the videos they had rather than move around. Their was little to no movement from the crowd which I didn't expect. Even though their wasn't much movement most of the people knew the lyrics and were screaming them all the way through the set. The dude's in the band are incredibly talented. I knew Gene was a fucking master on the drums but watching Brendon Small play that guitar was simply put awesome! Overall the set was aweome and I really encourage you to see Dethklok even if you think they are just a joke, they are fucking awesome! I somehow ended up with three fucking picks so I gave one to my brother and pocketed the other two. 9.5/10
    Deththeme
    I Ejaculate Fire
    Hatredcopter
    Dethsupport
    Murmaider
    Andromeda
    Awaken
    Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
    Ghostqueen
    The Gears
    The Galaxy
    Thunderhorse
    Go Into the Water
    Crush the Industry

Talked to Jay a bit before heading over to merch and picking up a t-shirt where I saw Elliot talked to him for a little bit. Before I left and made my trek home. But if this tour is coming near you FUCKING GO you won't regret it.

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Nothing from Miasma. I'm broke, not disappointed I couldn't make it.
    image Photobucket
    Glad I didn't go to this. The log tour is much better with longer sets.