Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

Alex said:

@alex, did winds play legions?

I'd have to check a setlist. I had to take a short break for about four minutes.
    Break? The fuck they play half hour headline sets why do you need a break
    When you throw down so hard that can barely breathe [-(
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm over weight and have no problems
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Well, you see... this soul I have... it really weighs me down :-<
    This has happened to me for some years now though.
    What soul?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    :-t
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Alex said:

Well, you see... this soul I have... it really weighs me down :-<

:))
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Just got back from the local band Fire Spoken By The Buffalo's last show, so many feels right now, this show was insanely intense, we had 100+ people in a place that normally holds around 75, my god, i have never and probably will never experience another show so raw and so intense and so, so, idk, there are no words to express how insane that show was, i will never forget it.
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Why did they break up?
    Well my friend Matt the guitarist and the drummer John are the two founding members, they've had guys in and out several times on bass and rhythm guitar, and the drummer is going to join the marines, and will be getting married so he had to leave, and Matt doesn't want to continue the band by himself.

They really were the "hometown heroes" here, they've been around nearly 3 years, this show was like seeing Thrice on their farewell tour, except in a small venue that was completely packed.

But we think Matt might be starting a band with my friend Joseph and I, we are waiting to hear from him and this bassist he has in mind, we would be playing a sort of Thrice/Polar Bear Club/RX Bandits/At The Drive In sort of band, I'm really excited for this if it works out.
    inb4lists
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    always sucks when a good local band breaks up....there was really only one around here (breakneck) they fucking rule....but only play a show now like once every 2 years lol
    edited August 2012
    We've got a few other decent local bands called Frameworks, Ghosts Of Mississippi, Review Reveal, Sleep Patterns, TUG and Unkempt.

GoM i think have the potential. they played one of the local spots on the Orlando warped tour, they're like a Pantera/Killswitch Engage type band, heavy southern metalcore, they're not bad, but Unkempt are the one band that are really going places, they recently opened the Six Feet Under/Revocation show here, and they've opened shows for Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and Morbid Angel before, they're like TBDM/Dark Tranquility/DevilDriver, very heavy melodic death metal/metalcore.
    inb4lists
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2012
    kind of a moot point now since today is the last day of mayhem fest but i'll post a review from yesterday's show anyway. also, just because i don't like a band doesnt mean i will automatically give them a bad score. i basically go by how they sound, stage show/presence, how well they interact/entertain the crowd, etc.

only gonna mention the bands i watched:

I, The Breather - dont really like them. i only sat through them so i could hold rail for whitechapel. their sound quality was good though. a fan of theirs woulda been happy with their show 7.5/10

Whitechapel - sounded a little better then the last time i saw them. instruments sounded fine for the most part but unfortunately phil's vocals always seem to be better on album. I, Dementia sounded good (the best) as well did Section 8 (second best) though. maybe they just sound better outside cause the other times i've seen them were inside, idk. 8/10

As I Lay Dying - unfortunately i only watch a couple songs because i was starving, thirsty, and starting to get tired and i wanted to save as much energy as possible for slayer and slipknot and it was sooo fuckin' hot in the middle of that packed crowd. sounded great though. pretty good entertainers from what i saw. defenitely a band i want to see a full set from in the future. 9/10
    might have been higher if i had stayed for their whole set. it was like 90 degrees out and as soon as i got out of the crowd it felt like i walked into air conditioning lol.

Asking Alexandria - i didn't see watch them cause i was off to the side resting but their sound quality was pretty good.

Motorhead - again, i was still off to the side trying to get as much rest as possible for slayer and slipknot and Lemmy's vocals were kinda bad but you gotta give a guy like him a break because he's getting pretty old and has been doing this for so long. but the rest of the band sounded good though.

Slayer - fuck yeah! loved their show. it was my first time seeing them. tom's mic was too low or something cause his vocals were getting drowned out by the rest of the band. other than that the band sounded great. their stage show was good. kerry king is a fuckin' animal on that guitar. i would've loved to see them when they were a bit younger so i could here tom's vocals at his best. 8.5/10
    woulda been at least a 9 if tom's mic was louder.

Slipknot - band of the day IMO. don't really have any complaints about anything from them. their stage show was awesome. 10/10.

only souvenir from the show:

FRONT

BACK

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    oh and i actually caught that pick out of mid-air :-bd :-bd lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I bet you were flailing around like a drowning man trying to catch it
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ayo Xeno? Why'd you deduct .5 from slayer just out of curiosity?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Left during aild..
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip

Left during aild..

Hmm your pick has color? I think mine is just black and white
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    HOODS said:

Ayo Xeno? Why'd you deduct .5 from slayer just out of curiosity?

I'm just stingy with 10/10s.... I guess because I thought their set started to drag during Hell Awaits.