Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Polar Bear Club

Rise To Remain

Streetlight Manifesto

TGI

TGI setlist
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    That barrier is upsettingly far from the stage [-(
    I love winning with women
    The one for TGI?
    inb4lists
    Yeah. Especially for a hardcore band.
    RTR was on the same stage, in fact i only visited 3 different stages.
    inb4lists
    After RTR finished playing, and were gone and all of the equipment had been taken off stage, the 2 setlists still remained, so i asked one of the guys to grab one for me since no one else seemed interested, he looked at me and said "how much?", this guy was seriously only going to get it for $5. [-(
    inb4lists
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I got RTR's setlist :)

The security guy was about to hand it to someone else so I just snatched it out of his hands and walked away.
    I would have fucking killed you.

inb4lists
    It was the security guy that I snatched it from right as the other guy was about to grab it too lol. I was pretty much the only one singing along/who knew them
    Doesn't matter. [-(

But seriously idc lol, i wasn't paying $5 for a setlist.
    inb4lists
    edited July 2012
    It was the only setlist that they gave out during their first time in Dallas.

Neither would I. That guy's a douche
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip

Damn both of you were at the Belton show?? I was there too. During one of FFDP slower songs that mall goth lady and her husband tried to push their way through the crowd from the side and they pushed the wrong group in front of us. A fight broke out and that mall goth ladies husband ended up grttig thrown out for punching this guys daughter.
    yeah we saw that, my man and i were right beside the pit most of the time or he was in the pit, they kept pushing this one chick in the pit because she was thrashing around and punching on the edge like a spaz... then she'd get pissed when she would get pushed... if you don't wanna be pushed stay away from the pit.
    Where you to the right or left of the stage? The pits were mostly behind me though so I didn't really pay much attention.

We stood just left of center, right on the top edge of the pit.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    LAXdef16 said:

I got RTR's setlist :)

The security guy was about to hand it to someone else so I just snatched it out of his hands and walked away.

Sort of similar to how I got a Suicide Silence setlist at Mayhem last year. Was on the rail for the show, afterwards a guy next to me asked the security guy to grab the setlist. He ended up coming back with two, I got the other one.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I missed most of Rise To Remain because i forget what time it was. I wish TGI played first at my date they were the last band of the day.
    Abigail Williams' final hometown show
    July 30th, The Rogue, Scottsdale, AZ

I got there late on purpose and ended up only seeing the 2nd band before Abigail came on.

Lusitania - Sounded like Dragged Into Sunlight goes drone doom. Pretty neat stuff, but it took a couple minutes to get used to. Something tells me they're pretty good on album, so I'll look into them more. 7.5/10

Abigail - Go figure that they play nothing before Becoming. SO THEY PLAYED BECOMING IN ITS ENTIRETY. Although they never said they were playing Three Days of Darkness, they worked it in. I stood there enjoying every second of it. They used jet fog machines and religious candles that we sell at Target, so it came out kinda really cheesy, but fuck it, it was a great end to them. 11/10

I picked up the final Horsemen shirt they will have on tour. It came only in a small, but it feelsgoodman.

Other shirts they had:

(almost got this one in my actual size, medium):
    The Orlando AW show is 21+

:(
    inb4lists
    So was ours. I think Ken wanted them all that way tbh. He doesn't enjoy talking to people very much.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    How much were the shirts btw
    imageimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I have a feeling 20 years down the road I'll be listening to Abigail Williams like "Damn I wish I listened to them 20 years ago so I could have seen them once."

But until then, nocur.
    image Photobucket