Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I have till Tuesday lol.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Mani wanna see kse with Jesse!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Trespass America Tour-San Antonio, Texas @ Freeman Coliseum-7/27/12

First I would like to thanks all my niggas for helping me win the contest to get these tickets. Without yall I wouldn't have gone. Thanks everyone >:D<

We arrived at the venue much later then I had wanted to. So I missed Battlecross which I was upset about since I heard nothing but good things about this band so far. Hopefully I can catch them on another tour some where down the road. So we got our tickets scanned and headed to get our wristbands for the pit and then headed to the merch booth.

When I walked up and saw the price of the merch I just poker faced hard. $35 for all the shirts and if you are a chubby nigga it's an extra $5 for em XXL and up. Fucking 5FDP jerseys(looked pretty cool though) were $75 and their I guess soccer jersey was $85. KSE had 3 shirts. They had a white AOJB 10 year anniversary shirt, A white KSE shirt that looked alright, and a black shirt with all of them in the front and tour dates in the back. Trivium had some alright shirts but the best one I saw was the white "Pull Harder" shirt they had. Other then that most of the merch was just lackluster and I laughed pretty hard at the Metal Hammer Trespass Tour shirts. It was obvious they took pics from Maidens The Trooper and Rammstein's special New York shirt and made their own.

Well after seeing that we made our way to the pit and God Forbid was on stage.

God Forbid

I don't know how many songs we missed from them when we got there. I think maybe one or two but we still got to see the majority of their set. Not a big fan of GF but they put on a good show. Lead singer full of energy and running around the stage. Rest of the band just did their thing and played. New song was meh live though. 7/10

Emmure

Yup I am a Emmure fanboy and was waiting to see them again. It's been awhile since I have seen Emmure so I was pretty excited. They tore down the God Forbid stage and as soon as the Emmure banner came up the crowd started cheering and going crazy. Few minutes passes and the lights went out. The crowd started loudly cheering waiting for them to hit the stage and when they did the roar of the crowd got louder. Soon as they busted open their opening song the pits broke out and everyone was getting into it. Frankie maybe a wannabe looking Durst, but the guy is so awesome live and is a good front man. Pits really picked up with Children of Cybertron(one of my favs) and just kept going on through the whole show. Leah was even digging the Emmure :O overall good show by them and can't wait for them to come back. 8/10

imageimageimageimage

Pop Evil

After Emmure's set we headed back to the merch and got some water. I ran into Frankie(Emmure's singer) and talked to him for a minute and got a pic. Dude is so damn nice and down to earth guy. Taking pictures with everyone that asked him and talking with the fans. So we decided to sit in the seats and chill during Pop Evil. They are the odd band on this tour but they weren't bat at all. They play some good rock and the singer wasn't that bad. He had some good energy was getting the crowd going. Not that bad 7/10

Trivium

After Pop Evil we headed down to the pit again for some mo fucking Trivium. Trivium has some good history here in SA, so it was no surprise that the crowd was big and way into them. They brought out the famous "T" symbols and the crowd started cheering like crazy. After setting everything up the lights went out and the crowd erupted into a loud roar with "TRIVIUM! TRIVIUM! TRIVIUM!" chants breaking out. They hit the stage and Heafy smiles and busts right into it "ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Pits break out every where and everyone screaming with Heafy. "ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I just wish the set was longer but it was still very good with full of energy from the band and crowd. 9/11

imageimageimageimage

Killswitch Engage

After Trivium's set we stayed in the pit and moved as close as we could to the front. We were at least 5 rows behind the rail and I was just fucking pumped. It was nice to see there was a lot of old school KSE fans in the house. Chants of "Jesse! Jesse! Jesse!" broke out and the crowd went ape shit when the KSE banner went up. You could feel the energy in the air and the crowd just waiting for them to take the stage. I have been waiting a long time for this day and it was finally here. The lights went out and the whole arena erupted into cheers and chants of "KSE! JESSE! KSE! JESSE!" were breaking out every where. They hit the stage and the pits opened up before the song even kicked in. They busted into Rose of Sharyn and place exploded. When that happened we ended up in the middle of the pit cause it was damn near impossible to stay up front. The whole band sounded tight and better when I saw them at Mayhem 09. Jesse was just amazing and godlike. His vocals sounded amazing and he sang Howard's song great. Soon as the song ended the ripped into Fixation and the crowd went crazy and was singing all the words with Jesse. Finally hearing Jesse sing his songs was just :O I could go on forever about it but I'm not. After that they played their new song off their new album which comes out next year. It sounded pretty good live and everyone was digging it. The pits were nonstop for every song from start to finish and was just a site to see. The whole band sounded amazing and it was incredible to see Jesse back in the fold and doing what he started a long ass time ago.
    I would give this a 10/10 but I'm not. Lack of AOJB(which is the 10th anniversary and they just played 3 off of it <_>) so 9.5/10

Set:

Rose of Sharyn
    Fixation on the Darkness
    No End in Sight(New song)
    This Is Absolution
    A Bid Farewell
    Life to Lifeless
    My Last Serenade
    The End of Heartache
    My Curse
    Holy Diver

imageimageimage

Five Finger Death Punch

After KSE's set was done we headed to the seats again to watch Cock Punch from there. They had a pretty cool stage set up and the drum solo was pretty cool with lasers and shit. I have to 100% agree with Jake though about the whole "America!" shit and the troops and all that. It was like after or before every fucking song. It got annoying pretty fast. One part of the show he brought kids on onto the stage. Was pretty cool of him to do and give something for the kids to remember. 8/10

imageimageimageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I hope KsE's next headliner tour is an AOJB tour or something.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

My ass this tour deserves that many people.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that Nu-Old KsE is playing a lot of Jesse material 8-}
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I was just thinking I wonder if they would do a short run and do aojb in it's entirety for the anniversary and the return of Jesse
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Alex said:

My ass this tour deserves that many people.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that Nu-Old KsE is playing a lot of Jesse material 8-}

Jesse Leach > You or anything you've ever loved.
    I'm shocked that even with Jesse they're filling up like that.
    Jesse > Arizona
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    >implying people aren't there for 5FDP

>implying people aren't there for 5FDP

The crowd was the same size for KSE and 5FDP. The crowd was into KSE a hell of a lot more then Death Punch and more pits and shit.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Aight then. Carry on

Jesse Leach >Rings of Saturn

Jesse>Haunted

Nope.

Jesse > Arizona

Nope

Jesse>Relapse

Definitely nope.

Aight then. Carry on

Jesse Leach >Rings of Saturn

I can agree to this one.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Jesse > alex
    Jesse > Bianca
    Jesse > anything alex loves
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!