Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2012
    UABB isn't on the Jager stage anymoar
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I watched like 2 songs but the sumerian stage was pathetic
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

Y u no watch UABB

Because they suck?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yet better than tesserect
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    My chugga chugga > your chugga chugga
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    No
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    If they're not on the Jager stage they're not worth watching.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

Y u no watch UABB

Because they suck?
    UABB = 2nd best side stage band at my date. They were awesome live.
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Adam said:

TDWP are not nearly as shitty as asking alexanderia

yes they are

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    They're much better live.

not gonna lie, I've seen them live 7 times now lol
    inb4lists
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    Iv seen slipknot multiple times but with the positive reviews i will probably go see a tour if they do one after mayhem like they did last time they were on it
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    For me, it could be Slipknot and like 10 shitty bands (similar to this years Mayhem lineup) and I would still go
    eh iv seen them a lot i don't need to travel to see um any more
    Rex never comes to say hi to us. [-(
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Will be writing my review of the Iron Maiden show in the spoilers thread if anyone cares.

Rex never comes to say hi to us. [-(

dat nigga poor
    Excuses. Excuses everywhere.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Alighty, lego

Skeltonwitch
    July 22nd
    Frankies

Doors were at 8, generally shit doesn't get started there until an hour after doors...throw in that and I didn't care for the locals, I decided to leave around 10 since it only takes 5 minutes to get there. Turns out my timing was pretty perfect because I got that as the last local was finishing up. I went to the merch stand and bought the tour shirt, which was eerily similar to the last tour shirt they had, just with a different color skull and like flames not a dragon flying around the mouth. Anyway, after I caught the last song from the band and then hung out outside for a minute where it was just as hot...Forgot to mention that my friend bailed on me earlier today, so I was just wandering around. Next band up was Barn Burner, the only band on tour with Skeletonwitch. I walked inside and about this time I realzed that the place was packed, more packed than I've ever seen it actually. I don't go to the most popular shows there, but still, it was impressive. Anyway, I'd only checked out one song by them so I wasn't sure what to expect. They blew me away...just completely. Blew me away to the point where after the set I went and bought a shirt, a fucking awesome one by they way..says "MENTALLY GVITARDED" I'll throw a pic at the bottom. The just rocked out onstage, drummer was a blurr he was going so insane on the drumset. During the set, the vocalist said one of the funniest things I've ever heard onstage...what made it funnier was that only me and the guy next to me busted out laughing...and as I think about typing it, I see how it might fall flat to some people lol "I get that you guys don't like Canada and all, but seriously there's a huge gap on the floor! Fill it up before we start making bad Holy Toledo jokes" After they finished up their set, I checked the time and noticed that it looked like we were actually on time. It was 11:10 and Skeletonwitch was due up at 11:30. After set up and soundcheck, they started dead at 11:30....The first time I can recall that Frankies has been on time. Took a gander at the setlist and saw it was full of Forever Abomination..no complaints, I love the CD. A good amount of Beyond the Permafrost but a little empty on Breathing the Fire. Solid set overall though. Headbanged the shit out the whole set, ended up sweaty as hell. Guys sounded tight like always. Not much else to say. Songs I wish were played: Baptized in Flames, Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery, Where the Light has Failed. All three I've heard before though, so it's no biggie. After Within My Blood, I asked Nate for a setlist and mentioned talking to him at the Goatwhore show a couple months prior. Walked out and bought a glass and sticker for no reason other than I had money on me. Talked to Evan for a hot second and asked him to sign the setlist, then hunted down Chance and did the same. Waited around for Scott and Nate for a minute but decided to take off. Gonna try and make it to the Detroit show in the fall. 11/10

image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    18 songs. And none of them are Baptized In Flames. What the fuck?
    I love winning with women
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I love Crused Beyond Dust
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG