Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    5fdp headlined over kse? @-)
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    With how short the trivium and killswitch sets are I will definitely be skipping the tour.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I WANNA SEE TORN BETWEEN SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS. X( X( X( X( X(
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I WANNA SEE TORN BETWEEN SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS. X( X( X( X( X(
    those sets are pretty short ill wait for a trivium and kse headliner.
    well trivium hasn't played that in awhile so hopefully they keep playing it
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i wanted to go to the waterloo date but its like next week.
    its the 22nd? i was going to go but my friend is busy and im not driving to that shit lol. he wanted to see emmure <__>
    Don't waste your time
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    yeah there is no way i'm driving 2 hours for this shit
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Yesterday morning around 10AM, we headed out to go to the Mayhem Festival 2012 at the 1-800-ask-gary amphitheater, we get there 2 hours before doors open, we are in the first 50 people there. it's like 98 degrees, we were suppose to be let in at 1 but did not get in till 1:40, and the first band started at 1:30.

Upon A burning Body - This band had such great energy and interaction with the crowd, they sounded great, had a great setlist, my 2nd time seeing them, and I will definitely see them again if given the chance. 7/10

Whitechapel - Watched them from a distance while in line to meet anthrax, sounded great though. - 6/10

The Devil Wears Prada - Much better than i anticipated, Mike definitely knows how to work the crowd. - 6/10

Anthrax - The main reason i was there, they completely owned the side stage, they had 3 pits going on at once at one point, unbelievable energy from Scott Ian, frankie Bello and Joey Belladonna, i was slightly disappointed drummer Charlie Benante was hurt and couldn't play, but recruited drummer Jason Bittner from Shadows Fall did a great job, the setlist was great, by far the highlight of the day for me. - 9/10

As I Lay Dying - We missed the first 2 songs because they started before Anthrax ended, sounded great. I just hope they come back through on their album tour in a club setting, not really an amphitheater band, decent setlist - 6.5/10

Motorhead - I will never for the life of me understand what is so great about this "legendary" band, up until the last 3 songs i could not understand a single word Lemmy said, drummer Mickey D's drum solo was the only memorable part of the set for me, i did enjoy the song "Overkill" though. - 5/10

Slayer - I was looking forward to seeing this band for the first time, and they did not disappoint, opening with the very brutal track "Disciple", Slayer continue to show why they are near the top of the Thrash world, vocalist Tom Araya sounded almost flawless, he NAILED the scream at the beginning to Angel Of Death, and Dave Lombardo continues to amaze people with his intense speed, I definitely plan on seeing them again, hopefully in a smaller venue. - 8/10

Slipknot - I will be honest, they were a major let down compared to what I've been hearing about them live, everyone always says they are one of the best live bands ever, they were entertaining, they had as decent setlist, and great musicianship, but i was not blown away by them, I'm not sure I would even pay this much money to go see them again, again they were good, but not amazing. - 7/10
    ------
    Stuff i got.

Signed posters by whitechapel, As I Lay Dying, Anthrax and The Devil Wears Prada.

Whitechapel "This Is Exile" picture disc vinyl (# 1170 of 2000, limited press)

Drum sticks signed by the drummers from Whitechapel, TDWP, Upon A burning Body and Shadows Fall(filling in for Anthrax)

Whitechapel and Anthrax shirts

Pre-order for As I Lay Dying's upcoming album "Awakened".
    inb4lists
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    They are more popular then KSE <_>
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-&
    :-&
    Ha, i saw a comment on Phil Labonte's page somewhat related to FFDP that though was funny.

Some random dude Talking to a dumbass chick: lol @ Lysette. Five Finger Death Punch gets very bland, very fast. Their songs have little to no variety.

Meanwhile, I saw All That Remains in concert with my girlfriend. After hearing "Now Let Them Tremble" and "Six" being played in succession, she grew a beard and a full set of male genitalia, whereas I grew a double beard and an extra set of testicles (bringing me up to 6).

Long story short, fuck you and your shitty taste in music, Lysette.

Phil: BEST. COMMENT. EVAR.

Random dude; Phil, that concert was one for the ages. You guys somehow turn women into men and men into double men.
    inb4lists
    That was retarded.

Phil is a pussy and their music is shit now
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That was funny. However All That Remains sucks now.
    That was retarded.
    If it was the same comment but for a band you really enjoy, you would have found it funny.
    inb4lists
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What Whitechapel shirt did you get FaceFuck?
    That was retarded.
    If it was the same comment but for a band you really enjoy, you would have found it funny.
    Not in the least. The part about five finger death punch sucking yes. The lame ass jokes around it, no.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That was retarded.
    Or it would have made him like them less
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    What Whitechapel shirt did you get FaceFuck?
    The "One Nation Under Hypocrisy" one.
    inb4lists