Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    No idea
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I would like to see one more song added off nocturnal and contagion added. I am still very happy with the set though.
    I have no idea but I didn't put Deathmask Divine in the setlist.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I have seen Skillet live 4 times, a 5th time in September.

Don't hate.
    inb4lists
    Skeletonwitch's set for the tour:
    Erased and Forgotten
    Submit to the Suffering
    Reduced to the Failure of Prayer
    This Horrifying Force (The Desire to Kill)
    Beyond the Permafrost
    Of Ash and Torment
    Crushed Beyond Dust
    Shredding Sacred Flesh
    Within My Blood
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    The lack of Baptized in Flames is disturbing
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yup and i need sacrifice to the slaughtergod
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I still haven't seen them play repulsive salvation
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So you're saying I should add deathmask divine to the setlist?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yes I couldn't remember the song during the show and was just listening to Nocturnal and remembered. Then I went and looked at the Chicago set and it was on there as well.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I still haven't seen them play repulsive salvation
    You poor soul
    image Photobucket
    Setlist master race
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    ^I was there. \:D/
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I have that setlist................with several songs written out with a marker since they were opening for JFAC right after their headline tour ended.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Kiss Live Block Party Concert In New Orleans

Modern Day Delilah
    Shout It Out Loud
    Deuce
    Hotter Than Hell
    Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
    Shock Me
    Calling Dr. Love
    I Love It Loud
    --Bass Solo--
    100,000 Years
    Love Gun
    Black Diamond
    Detroit Rock City
    Encore:
    Lick It Up
    Rock And Roll All Nite

Not bad for a free show. Paul sounds a bit rough to start the show but gets it together. 30,000 in attendance, rained. Good times.

You can watch the whole thing here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQUV_EwiQI
    I tried to grab a Skeletonwitch set the next time I saw them headline, but they were all laminated and got packed up after the show.
    image Photobucket
    I tried to grab a Skeletonwitch set the next time I saw them headline, but they were all laminated and got packed up after the show.
    That's how they were for my show.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Short review of Paganfest. Only stayed for a couple Turisas songs because my ankle got crushed and it hurts to stand.

Hammer Horde: Got the crowd going by the last song. Not bad, but nothing that really stood out. 6/10

Huntress: Female vocalist. Her screams were hit-or-miss. Some were good others sounded like nails on a chalkboard. Musically pretty good. 7/10

Arkona: Holy Shit, stole the show for me. I had only listed to a couple songs prior to seeing them tonight but they blew me away. They were the first band to get the pits going. In the first pit about 4 people were moshing while holding pitchers of beer. Got the entire crowd into it and jumping around. Brought a lot of energy. Also had a wall of death. 9.5/10

Alestorm: The band I came to see. It was my first time seeing them because I had to miss them the last time they came through. They played mostly songs from the new album, which I like so it was fine. Definitely lived up to my expectations.
    Chris had a great intro to Back Through Time. "If you like vikings, then you like balls. You dream about balls every night and then chop your balls off the next morning. Then shove them up your ass. This next song is about vikings." 9/10
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ghost - was pretty funny live with the get ups and what not, the music is meh tho I dont understand the hype 6/10

Opeth - wow, theyre prog rock stuff doesnt really transcend to the live setting very well.. i thought my friend was gonna fall asleep..played just two songs with growls which sounded great but the rest of the set was pretty bland and underwhelming... akerfeldt or whatever seemed like a real cool dood tho 6/10

Mastodon - these guys kick alot of ass live, i completely dig there whole stage set up and the lighting and what not.. wish i coulda been high but oh well.. they oppenned with black tongue and i think its a great openning song... they played ALOT of the hunter which was expected but the lack of variety was showing.. blood and thunder live is really a treat and the pit literally oppened up to the entire floor when that song broke out, it was a blast.. overall a bad ass show, ill see mastodon everytime they come around period 8.5/10
    Lol Hammer Horde is from here. They opened up for Skeletonwitch and my friend just straight up shouts "IT'S ROBINHOOD AND HIS BAND OF MERRY MEN!"
    image Photobucket
    I can agree with Opeth. When I saw them last October they sounded good and everything it was just boring really.