Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Don't go then chuck. If I had known ahead of time it would get cut by this much I wouldn't have come, the reason it pisses me off is because it's hard for my to justify leaving my visiting family to watch bdm play a short set and I shouldn't have come to begin with but already had the ticket.

I'm being a bitch about and I don't care it's just stupid to cut a headline band by that much.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Lol a little too late. I can't guarantee that I'll make it to the Detroit show June 2nd, and I need to hear some Ritual songs live so I impulse bought a ticket.

I've only been to one conjoined tour, and it wasn't as big as yours...but basically the same thing happened. The Haunted was the headliner from one tour and they maybe played a little over a half hour...then Napalm Death was playing so long I just left.
    image Photobucket
    And Ape, you were just talking to Brian from TBDM? Some kid posted on the Jamboree page that nobody knows about the meet and greet he paid $15 for and he's getting pissed.
    image Photobucket
    Yeah I talked to him for about 5 minutes
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yeah point being kid was dumb and wasted $15 when he could talk to the members of any band on any other tour probably.

Dahlia is doing a signing at 4:30 tomorrow. Nope not getting there that early haha
    image Photobucket
    Chuck their shirts are 15
    I'm done being a diva lol I moshed out my anger during skeletonwitch
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    If it wasn't for that Boom-Lay shit, Diamond Eyes would be a decent song.
    I can definitely agree to this.
    I love winning with women
    Okay an actual review.

Death on vine.
    Corpse and tbdm tour combine for one day

Got to the venue and prices were jacked for parking 5 bucks more than usual. Had to park a couple blocks away it was absolutely pouring rain. I had considered buying mushroomhead tickets but decided it wasn't worth it to get soaked carrying the ticket back to my car. Get into the venue and see the set times are posted. From here as many of you know I got furious. Makes no sense why they had cannibal corpse playing 90 minutes and tbdm playing 40. It should have been 70/60 or 75/55. It was just retarded. I was going to leave but couldn't get ahold of my brother to find out what they were doing until later when it was too late and they were out at dinner so I ended up just staying.

Arkiak - I was pissed so I didn't give a fuck about them. Nothing really stood out about them to me either

Hour of penance - sounded good but I wasn't in a good mood so I didn't care.

Abysmal dawn - they were the band that started to snap me out of my shitty mood they were very good. I hope too see them on another tour at some point.

Skeletonwitch - the crowd came out in full force for them the place went insane. I took out my anger in the pit and felt better. Best set I have seen them play.

Exhumed - fucking awesome. If they come anywhere near me (minus summer slaughter) I will be going for sure. Crowd was pumped for them. I really enjoyed the stage props they used especially when they had the decapitated head and the guy poured blood out of it all over the front row of te crowd.

Nile - people were chanting for them the entire time yet were setting up. They were having issues getting set up and when they started the lead guitar was not working for the first song. They got it settled and everything went great from there on out. I enjoy the fast Nile stuff much more than the slower stuff. I would see them again. Even though the crowd was chanting for them it was relatively calm during them.

Black dahlia murder - it got crazy during their set. Was awesome like usual except the shortened set sucks. They cut out some of my favorites to make the set time. Some that were cut included carbonized in cruciform, blood in the ink, and a vulgar picture.

After bdm I said fuck corpse and their 90 minute set went and talked to Shannon for a little bit and headed home to spend time with my brother. I was more pissed than I should have been and I apologize for that.
    After bdm I said fuck corpse
    <_________________________________________________________________________>
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Tbdm should play the window
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Here's my review of the bands i saw at this year's Earthday Birthday.
    -
    Falling In Reverse - I originally had no intention on watching them but there was nothing else going on so i gave them a show, they honestly weren't as bad as i expected, but his clean vocals were very annoying at times. Their guitarist is beyond talented, he is incredible, unfortunately his talents will be missed and/or wasted on this band, his solos did not fit well with their style of music, he should start a Progressive metal band. 3/10 overall rating.
    ---
    Halestorm - Didn't know what to expect, i was pleasantly surprised, Lzzy Hale has an incredible voice, and in my opinion is the best female hard rock vocalist out there right now, her brother(the drummer) was also very entertaining, he reminds me of Morgan Rose from Sevendust. 7/10
    ---
    Trivium - I'd seen them 3 times before, but never cared for them live, but something was different this time, they upped their game, they also played their cover of "Creeping Death" by Metallica which was very well done, they only had a 4 song set but i definitely enjoyed it and will have to give them another listen at some point. 6/10
    ---
    Pop Evil - I don't know what to think about this band's performance, it wasn't terrible, but there was nothing special about it, probably the most boring band of the day. 1/10
    ---
    Theory Of A Deadman - Wasn't expecting much, and didn't get much, they had a good connection with the crowd but that's about it, the singer's voice was whiny and low, they also picked a terrible setlist. 3/10
    ---
    The Used - Great performance, great crowd interaction, but a disappointing setlist. 6/10
    ---
    Chevelle - My favorite band on CD of those at the festival, they had a great setlist, very good interaction and performance, i look forward to seeing a headlining set once day. 8/10
    ---
    Staind - By FAR the best performance of the day, out of every band I've ever seen live, theirs was the most "powerful" if that makes any sense, they sounded amazing, much better than on cd, they played all of their best songs including my favorite Mudshovel as their encore, Aaron Lewis is better than ever and i will defintely catch them on their next headlining tour. 10/10
    ---
    Godsmack - I saw them in August at Mayhem Festival and they were great, so i had high hopes for them the 2nd time around, unfortunately i was extremely disappointed, first off they had some technical difficulties and went on stage 30 minutes late, Sully Erna screwed up AT LEAST 4 songs, he messed up the chorus for "Whatever", "Voodoo" and "Straight Out Of Line", he also tripped a couple times, he was just very sloppy, maybe it's because they haven't done a tour in a few months, idk, but they were almost bad tonight, the only positive thing is that they had a very interesting setlist, not their average setlist, they played "Speak", "Bad Religion" and "Keep Away" which was really cool, also i think they are a band that needs arenas or amphitheaters to really show their true stage show, the stage was way to small for the type of show they put on. 5/10
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Speak and Keep Away aren't exactly rarities, you know.......
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    This was the Staind, Halestorm and Godsmack setlist for those planning to attend the Mass Chaos tour.

Halestorm

Love Bites (And So Do I)
    It's Not You
    Dirty Work
    Familiar Taste Of Poison
    Drum Solo
    Freak Like Me
    I Get Off

Staind

Spleen
    Right Here
    Eyes Wide Open
    So Far Away
    Now
    Outside
    (There was one song i did not recognize, but it was on of their heavier songs, mainly screaming vocals)
    It's Been Awhile
    Something To Remind You
    Mudshovel

Godsmack

Awake
    Straight Out Of Line
    Instrumental Jam
    The Enemy
    Cryin' Like A Bitch
    Speak
    Forever Shamed
    Keep Away
    Love-Hate-Sex-Pain
    Voodoo
    Batallia De Los Tamboras
    Whatever
    I Stand Alone
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    as long as staind plays its been a while, right here, outside, and mudshovel ill be happeh
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    well i thought i would give mastodon a chance last night, what a horrible mistake....6 songs in and i had to go sit at the bar up front and talk to the hot bar tender....it amazes me this band can even tour they are so bad...who ever mixes there sound sucks balls....you cant hear a word they are saying...there guitars drowned out everything...but yet standing at the back of the crowd the band was quiet...this was a small venue and standing at the back of the crowd you couldn't even feel the bass hit you. Im convinced this is the worst major touring act around...i cought the second 1/2 of opeth and even with there suck they were better. I will never give mastodon another cent of my money
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn. I have never been a huge Mastodon fan but when I saw them I thought they were pretty good.